Chapter 9

Our Yesterday

(Back at the hotel)

            As the guys watch Eun Hye leave with the manager and the driver escorting her, disappointment took over their faces.  Even Jaejoong felt a little disappointed as the door closed.

            “Aww… She really left.  Oh well, now that we know that she’s living next to Hyung, I’ll just go and visit hyung so I can see her.”  Yoochun was not ready to let Eun Hye go.

            “Ya!  Who said you could use me like that?”  Jaejoong was feeling a bit of jealousy for wanting to see Eun Hye, but he did not know why. 

            “Jaejoong-hyung, what are you going to do now?  Wanna go eat? Or are you going out to the club again?”  Changmin asked.

            “After all that happened today, I think I’ll just go home and sleep,” he replied.

            “Then you should have given Noona a ride home with you.  Look (Changmin pointed out the window and down towards the entrance of the hotel as he spots Eun Hye getting into a cab), she’s taking a cab home while she’s hurt.”  He was concerned for her, while forgetting the tension between the two.

            “Really?  Let me see.”  Yoochun wanted to see a glimpse of her.  He and Junsu pushed the maknae aside to see her get into the cab and be driven off.  “Aww, cute.”

            “Yoochun-hyung, are you already obsessing over her?”  the maknae asked, but all he got was a big grin as a response.

            “While it is only human to help her out by driving her home, I don’t think it would have been a good idea since the two can’t seem get along.  It might make things worse for her.  Besides, she surely wouldn’t have had accepted the offer.  And we can’t force her into the van; people might think she’s being kidnapped by DBSK.”  Yunho clarified.

            “Aniyo, Yunho-hyung,” Junsu said.“People won’t think that DBSK kidnapped her,…….. they’ll think that Jaejoong-hyung is taking her to a secluded area to bury her alive, or that he’s taking her to the ocean where the fish can eat her after he ties blocks of cement onto her feet and throw her into the ocean.”

           “What kind of shows have you been watching, Junsu?”  Yunho asked as everyone stared at Junsu.

           “Lots actually…..….  But that’s not what I meant. I’m just saying that after what happened today in front of all our fans and in here in the hotel, it’s normal to think that way.  A lot of people witnessed their fight and word will spread that hyung accused someone of being a thief.  Besides, Hyung might really do it.  Feed her to the fish,” Junsu reminded everyone of what happened.

           “That’s right.  Hyung might really do it.”  Yoochun acknowledged, a little wide eyed.  “I’m glad she didn’t ride with him or else I’ll never see her again.”

           “Is that how you really see me as?”  Jaejoong asked s.  “What do you take me for, a bad person? A killer?   And why are you all taking her side?  You just met her, and you’ve known me for years.  You should be defending me.”

           “Because she’s pretty,” Yoochun replied with a grin while thinking about Eun Hye.  Jaejoong wanted to punch the lights out of him for being so mesmerized by Eun Hye, while the two youngest nods in agreement and Yunho shaking his head like Yoochun has lost his marbles.

           “It’s not like we’re taking her side,” Yunho explains.  “It’s just that she’s been misunderstood a lot lately, and it’s her first time here, alone, in Korea on vacation and she’s already having a bad time.  Besides, she’s hurt and she seemed like a really good person.”  Even Jaejoong couldn’t argue with Yunho this time as he does feel guilty for misunderstanding Eun Hye, but he will never let it show.

           “Besides, we don’t know her, except that she lives next door to you.  She might be holding a grudge against you and tell the media that we mistreated her.  We need to be careful,” Yunho added, and as the leader, he needed everyone to make sure to be careful of their actions.  But it was a little surprising to everyone, including Jaejoong, to see how cautious Yunho is being against a person he thought of as good.

           “Hyung, I thought you just said that she’s a good person?  Why are you treating her like a criminal now?” Junsu couldn’t help but ask their leader.

           “I’m just saying…….we don’t know her, and we don’t know if what she’s telling is 100% true.  I just want us to be careful, okay?”

            While Changmin, Junsu, and Jaejoong contemplated on the possibility laid out by Yunho, one member refused to believe their suspicions.  “Ani, ani, ani.  No, no, no,” like a child who has just been told that Santa Claus isn’t real, Yoochun covered his ears to block out his friends.  “There is no way she’s like that.  She’s a chunsa….. an angel.  And you guys are the devil for even thinking that.  Did you see the way she spoke to us?  No lunatic will dare speak to us like she did, especially to Jaejoong-hyung. Straightening us out so honestly like an angel. (Looking at Yunho) And you said you wanted to clear the misunderstanding against her, but all you’re doing now is creating more.  I believe her. (Looking at the ceiling with his hands clasped together as if he’s praying, and thinking about Eun Hye)  Don’t worry.  I believe you.”

            “Who is hyung talking to?”Worry for his hyung plagued Changmin.

            “I think he’s talking to his chunsa,…….. Eun Hye-ssi,” Junsu answered not leaving his gaze off of Yoochun.

            “What chunsa?”  Jaejoong mumbled under his breath, which was low enough for no one, but Yunho to hear.  As the door to the hotel room opens up to reveal the returning manager, Jaejoong turned and opted to leave.  “I’m leaving.  Bye.  Oh yeah. Don’t bother me for the rest of my day.  I don’t want any more headaches.”

             “Then maybe you should move out,” Junsu unintentionally advises his fuming hyung before he actually left.  Recognizing his mistake he covered his mouth, ready to be pounded on by him. 

            “Ya!”  Yunho warns the guilty Junsu.

            “Sorry, hyung.  It’s just that you said you didn’t want any more headaches, but from what I see, Eun Hye-ssi is the one who is causing your headaches, and since you live next door from one another, you’ll definitely run into each other.”

            “Why should I move?  She’s the one who should move, I was there first,”Jaejoong was claiming his territory.

            “Seeing her personality, do you think she’ll really move when someone tells her to. Especially if it’s you, Jaejoong-hyung, who’s telling her to move.  Ani.  No.  She won’t.”  Junsu answered back.

            “And from knowing Jaejoong-hyung all these years, do you think he’ll move because of a woman.  Ani.  No. He won’t,” Changmin retaliated.  “He’ll probably just mess around and pay her back if he sees her.”

             “He can’t,” Yoochun, finally breaking his trance, spoke directly to the maknae, worried for his angel.  “You can’t,” he was now directly speaking to the oldest, with both fear and realization in his voice. “You can’t.  You won’t right?  You won’t mess with her, right? ” his voice now full of plea and worry.

             “Who says that I will?  I don’t even want to see her.”   Jaejoong’s reassurance allowed Yoochun to breathe a sigh of relief.  “And stop thinking about her.  You’re giving me a headache too.  Maybe I should mess with you instead. Times two, for you and her……… (sigh)…… I’m leaving.”

              And as he is leaving followed by his manager, he can hear Yoochun asking the others why Jaejoong doesn’t want to see her when she’s so cute and pretty before closing the door.   And as he walks towards the front of the hotel, he sees that his van is waiting for him. 

             “A heed of warning,” Park In Moo says before Jaejoong can close the door of the van. “Be careful, and don’t cause any trouble.”  Jaejoong could only close the door on his manager as his reply, and the driver drove off to take him home. 

 

 

 

Author's note:  Anybody waiting for Lee Min Ho to show up soon, sorry, but it won't be until later....  Much later.  But he will show up, you guys just have to wait....  If any of you saw the foreword before I changed it, you'll know what his part in this story is, so it'll take a while to actually have him come out.  Sorry..  Also, sorry for taking forever to update and that my chapters are short.  I have the story in my head, I just don't know how to write it down.  I also have too many stories in my head that it's hard to focus.  And there's the part about my personal life...