Chapter 2

Our Yesterday

           

          Yoon Eun Hye is your typical, average 18 year old girl who had just arrived to Seoul from the States.  She just had her 18th birthday and her parents allowed her wish of having the whole summer vacation by herself.  So she decided to go to Korea.

           Finally.  I’m alone, she thought to herself as soon as she walked out of the penthouse apartment building that she is staying at, while wearing a white dress and white flats with a yellow purse.  She looks around to see if she is being followed.  She wouldn’t be surprised if her parents actually hired someone to follow her.  They would do that.  When she found no one, she jumped up and down and threw her hands up.  She didn’t care who saw her, she was finally free.  At least for the summer. 

           Grrrrrrr…… Her stomach was growling.  “Ah…. So hungry!” she exclaimed.  She didn’t want to be cramped up in her room ordering room service so she decided to let her feet take her anywhere but the hotel.  Finally, she found a burger joint after thirty long minutes.  After ordering a cheeseburger, chocolate milkshake, fries, and a sundae, she sat at the outside seating area surrounded by a fence.  The weather was nice, the air was nice, the food was delicious, and most of all, she was alone.  Just how she likes it.

           “Hurry up.  I wanna get to the location as soon as possible.  We don’t know how many people will be there and I don’t wanna miss seeing my Jaejoong,” Eun Hye heard a girl speaking on an adjacent table.

           “Okay okay…. I’m done.  Let’s go,”says the other girl.

            Eun Hye got curious, so she finished her food quickly and followed the two girls.  She wanted to see what this Jaejoong was and if she could buy one.

            When she got to the location, she was mesmerized by how beautiful the scenery was.  She was walking towards the lake that she didn’t notice the two people who passed by her.  One of who couldn’t keep his eyes off of her.  He watched her as she walked across the sunflower field until she reached the edge near the lake.

            Eun Hye was ecstatic with the view.  It felt different to her.  Like she’s truly at peace.  She wanted the whole world to know how happy she was so she screamed “Hello” to the world.  She looks over the lake and saw a single white daisy floating by, and so, she decided to crouch down and pick up the daisy as it was her favorite flower.  She found the daisy extremely beautiful and when she stood back up she found herself being stared at by the surrounding people.  As she looked around, she was drawn towards a man in all white with platinum blonde hair who was walking towards the parking lot with another man.  She only saw his back but something drew her eyes towards him. 

            That guy is so …… calling for attention…. Who dresses like that and walks around like he owns the place?  Wait, maybe he does… No, can’t be… Is that guy next to him his …… (gulp) …. boyfriend?  They seem close.  He’s wrapping his arm around that I-want-attention-look-at-me guy..  Maybe the boyfriend owns it.  He does have nice clothes…  Wait, can someone actually own a park?, she asked in her mind.  As she continues to think, she doesn’t notice that the two people she was looking at already disappeared.  When she looked towards their direction again, they were gone.  Huh… They already left.  They make a nice looking couple.  At least their backs do.

            “It’s so beautiful here,” she says as she turns towards the lake again.  “Ah!!  Pictures. Pictures.  Where is that camera?  Oh... here it is.”  She found her camera at the bottom of her purse.  She continued to take pictures for two hours straight.  Of anything, of everything.  She took pictures of the lake, sunflowers, the clouds, trees, everyone that passed by, and herself.  She took the pictures laying down, sitting down, standing up, and in many other different angles to see the different perspectives of what she’s photographing.  Photography is her hobby, but right now, most of all, all she wants to do is have proof that she was there.  At that time, at that place.  More than anything, she wanted proof that she is not dreaming what she’s feeling right there and then.  After taking photos nonstop until it was dark outside, Eun Hye decided to call it a day and go back to the penthouse that she’s renting during her stay.

            The penthouse apartment building is located at a nice location.  It is at the good side of town, meaning, the wealthy side.  All that she will need to go to, like the convenience store, is in walking distance.  Her penthouse is on the 20th floor of the building, the top floor.  But her penthouse is actually sharing the floor with another, she doesn’t know who it is yet but she’s looking forward to meeting him or her.  And maybe sharing a meal with him or her.  She’s actually hoping that it’s a girl so she has someone to talk to.

            As Eun Hye got to the building, she noticed a familiar looking van parked outside but she decided to ignore it, thinking that it’s just her imagination.  As she goes in the building, she says her greetings to the employees who work there and the tenants. 

            This elevator takes forever, Eun Hye thought while waiting for the elevator.  She usually would let it pass but she was really tired and have a major jetlag that she just wants to just get to her penthouse.  Finally, after waiting for what seemed like forever, the elevator finally opened.  A guy, in a nice suit exited it with his hand on his forehead and talking to himself.  She couldn’t make out what he said but he seemed extremely familiar to her but she is sure she never met him before. 

            After getting off her floor, she was on her way to her door when she turned around and stared right at the other door belonging to the other tenant who lives in the opposite penthouse from her. 

            Huh?  I wonder that person is home already, she thought to herself.  What is that on the floor?  She noticed something on the floor so she picks it up.  It’s a bracelet that looks like it was made in arts and crafts.  It looks old, but it's pretty.  Huh?  There are some words on it.  Kim  Jaejoong.  Kim Jaejoong?  Is that a name?  It sounds familiar.  It must belong to whoever lives here.  Should I knock?  No, I’ll wait tomorrow, they might be busy. 

            As she walks towards her own penthouse, she holds the bracelet up in the air.  Then she puts it on her own wrist.  Whoever owns it must be a guy.  It’s too big for a woman’s hand.  Unless it’s a woman with really big wrists.  No, the name says Kim Jaejoong.  I’m pretty sure that it’s a guy’s name. Oh well, I’ll know tomorrow.

            She takes off her shoes at her doorway and heads for the kitchen for a drink of water.  She also brings a tall glass of water in her bedroom since she always wakes up in the middle of the night due to her thirst.  She then heads to her bathroom to take a quick shower before getting into bed for a good night sleep.  As she’s falling asleep, she thinks back to her fun filled day until her last thought, before completely falling asleep, is of that man in white, walking away.