Chapter 7

Our Yesterday

Chapter 7

           “Why do you look so surprised?  I’m just calling a thief as I see fit.  After all, you did take my bracelet.”

           “Hyung, what are you doing?  You’re scaring her.  Look, she can’t even speak,”  Junsu asked the oldest with a worried tone.

           Of course, it’s not that Eun Hye couldn’t speak because she was frightened, but because of shock and because she wanted to wring the neck of the person who dared to accuse her of being a thief.  “Excuse me, but I think you’re mistaken.  Returning an item lost does not make me a thief.”

           “You want me to believe that you didn’t steal this from me?  Prove me wrong,” Jaejoong demanded an explanation.

           “First of all, I never met you before and second of all, what kind of brainless thief will return what she stole, and in front of all these people?”

           “Who’s saying you are brainless?  This is exactly what you wanted.  To be recognized by my fans, my group, and especially me.  It’s actually a brilliant plan, except for the fact that I am not falling for that.”

           “Hyung, what do you think you’re doing?  If you need to talk to her, talk to her privately.  There’s no need to embarrass her in front of all these people,”  Yunho tried to calm the situation.

           Eun Hye was feeling irritated and a certain rage coming from inside of her.  “Ahjumma!”  She was calling for the woman from the back who she spoke to before.  “I’m sorry, but I think that you should probably pick another male idol.  This one’s no good.  He’s good looking, but stupid.  That’s a bad combination.  You’re better off with an ugly person with a brain.  This one doesn’t have a brain.”  This was not Yunho had in mind when he wanted to calm the situation down.

           To the onlookers and Jaejoong, Eun Hye not only declared war, but also ignited the fuse of Jaejoong’s temper. 

           “Now, she’s done it,”  Changmin was feeling really worried at this point.  “Jaejoong hyung is gonna blow a lid.”

           “Yunho hyung, you’re the leader, do something,”  Yoochun pleaded and Yunho nodded in agreement.

           “Wow.  This has been …..um….. something and I think that there’s been a misunderstanding.  So, Park In Moo ssi, please this lady to our private area, so we can clear whatever misunderstanding we have here,”  Yunho was taking charge as the leader.

           “What are you doing?”  Jaejoong tried to get the meaning of the leader’s action.

           “One of you is at fault and we won’t clear this up with you two shouting at each other like little kids.”

            Just as he was told, Park In Moo took Eun Hye to hotel room in the nearby hotel where she and DBSK can talk in private.  Face to face with her accuser, Eun Hye wanted nothing to do with him except, but maybe cut off his manhood. 

            “Isn’t anybody gonna say something,”  Junsu had enough of the staring contest and the silence.

            Eun Hye dropped her bags on the ground and suddenly …… “You……………. Idiot..,”  Eun Hye finally initiated a conversation, but it was not civil as what the onlookers (the rest of DBSK and Park In Moo) had hoped for.  “A thief?  You’re calling me a thief?  Fine, call me a thief, but you’re a brainless cockroach.”

            “A cockroach?”  No one has ever insulted Jaejoong before and this girl even dared to call him a cockroach.

            “Yes, because you are stupid and I want to step on your insignificant, egotistic self like a dirty, sneaky cockroach.”

            “I am no cockroach.  I am Kim Jaejoong.  But I guess you already know that since you did take my bracelet. “

            “I did not take your bracelet, I was returning it, you idiot,”  Eun Hye does not enjoy being called a thief.

            “If you didn’t take it, then, why do you have it?”  Yoochun decided to ask the question before the two starts calling each other names again.

            “I found it on the ground and I picked it up.  It had a name on it, so I knew who it belonged to.”

            “Where did you find it?”  It was Changmin’s turn to ask the question.

            “Outside a penthouse apartment, which I believe belongs to that idiot,”  Eun Hye answered the question while pointing at her accuser.  But her answer only made the others look at her in suspicion.

            “So, you even followed me home?  You’re not just a thief, you’re also a stalker.” Now, Jaejoong is making even more accusations.

            “Wow.  Instead of getting smarter, you are getting dumber by the second.  Tell me why would I even stalk a stuck up, egotistic person like you, who I don’t even know or like?”

            “You say that you didn’t follow him, but then how do you know where he lives?” As Junsu asks the questions, all eyes were on Eun Hye, awaiting an answer.

            “Because he’s not the only one who has a penthouse apartment and lives on the same floor.”

            “So you’re saying that you live there too?”  Yoochun calmly asked.

            “Yeah…. I just moved in yesterday.  I’m staying there for the summer.”

            “Where were you living before?” Junsu asked.

            “The U.S.  I’m just here for vacation.”

            “So you really didn’t steal his bracelet?”   Yunho wanted a clear confirmation.  At that moment, the driver of Jaejoong’s van came in to give Jaejoong his cellphone which he left in the van.

            “That’s what I’ve been saying.  If you don’t believe me, go ask the employees there.  Go ask the guard outside, I spoke to him this morning because I almost got ran over by these idiots in a van.”  This statement made the driver and Jaejoong stare at her.

            “You are that young lady from this morning,”  the driver finally recognizes Eun Hye.  “I wanted to apologize to you for this morning and see how you were doing since I caused you to fall down and get hurt.”

            “So it was you who almost ran me over.  If you wanted to apologize and see how I was, why did you just drive away?”  Eun Hye wanted to know the reason.

            “Because I told him to,” Jaejoong just made himself an even worse person in Eun Hye’s eyes.  With eyes all on him, Jaejoong seemed like the prime suspect in a murder.

            “I should have known that you were behind that.  No other human being would have been cruel enough to leave an innocent bystander, injured on the side of the street.”  More than ever, Eun Hye wanted to strangle this man to unconsciousness.

            “Hyung, is that true?  Are you really this cruel person who left her injured?”  Changmin was feeling ashamed and disappointed of his hyung.

            “So what?  I had to be at the autograph signing and I had no time to worry about everybody.  And you (pointing at Eun Hye), what do you mean innocent?  Would an innocent person really stand in front of someone else’s vehicle and threaten them?”

            “Ya!!!  I didn’t stand in front of your van and threaten you.  I threatened you after you drove off.  Get it straight.”  She wanted them to not make stuff up about her.

           “Noona, you’re not exactly making that situation better.”  Changmin wanted to clarify Eun Hye’s situation and everyone nodded in agreement.

           “Ya, don’t take it so seriously.”

           “Being celebrities, sometimes we have to take threats seriously,”  the leader spoke out which made Eun Hye look at him stunned after realizing the realities of celebrities and threats against them.

           “That’s true, but it’s not like I was going to poison him, or kill him.  I just wanted to maybe kick his manhood.” Changmin and Junsu winced in imaginary pain while covering their manhood.“Besides, can you really blame a person who was angry for almost getting run over and left by herself with no apologies from those responsible?  It was a moment of shock and anger. ”

           “From the looks of things, it seems like, Hyung (looking at Jaejoong), you’re at fault here,”  Yoochun calmly tells his hyung.

           “Yeah, Hyung, how can you just leave someone who’s injured?  Have you no heart?”  Junsu asks his hyung with shame.

           “Of course, he’s at fault.  I’ve been telling everyone that. (sigh)  I knew today was going to be a bad day.  First I twisted my feet in my comforter, which made me fall, then I almost get run over, then I get injured because of it, then I get pushed over and stepped on by your (pointing at DBSK) fans, and then you accuse me of being a thief. (sigh)”  This made the men, excluding Jaejoong, feel bad for Eun Hye.

            “Sorry, Miss…..?”  Yunho apologized but is reminded that they still don’t know the identity of the girl.

            “Eun Hye.  My name is Eun Hye.  And what I wanted was an apology from that idiot (pointing to Jaejoong), not from you, but seeing like that’s unlikely, I have no choice but to let it go for now at least. (sigh)  I just knew that my wonderful time from yesterday wouldn’t last long.  Maybe going to that park with the sunflowers again will make me feel better.  It was so pretty.”  This picked everyone’s curiousity, especially Jaejoong’s.

            “Park?  Sunflowers?” Changmin asked.

            “Yeah.  I went to the park yesterday and took some pictures, but I can’t remember why I went there.”  Eun Hye forgot that it was the mention of a Jaejoong that made her curious.  “Must not have been important.”

            “Do you have the pictures, Eun Hye-ssi?”  Yunho asked.

            “Why?  Do you want to go there too?.…………………..  Fine.  If you ever go there, don’t take THE idiot with you, we might run into each other and I don’t want that wonderful place ruined by THE idiot.”  Reaching into her purse, she found her camera.  “Here.  I’ll trust you with it because I’m not like someone who treats everyone like thieves.”

            “Thanks.  Now, let’s see.”  Yunho, Changmin, Junsu, and Yoochun crowded together to look at the pictures.  “These pictures are really well taken.”

            “Oh…. Nice dress, Eun Hye-ssi.”  Yoochun complimented her.  “Was someone with you?”

            “No…… Just me.  I’m on vacation, remember?”

            “Hyung,”  Junsu called for Jaejoong, who didn’t want to show his curiousity.  “Isn’t this where you had your shoot yesterday?”  Eun Hye was surprised to hear this, and so were Jaejoong and Park In Moo.

            “He’s right, Hyung.”  Changmin interrupted.  “This is where you had your shoot.”  Jaejoong looked away from the group and onto the ground, while Eun Hye stared at him.

            “May I see that?”  Park In Moo asked the four members.  Yunho handed the camera to him curious as to why even Park In Moo would want to see the pictures.  Scanning through the pictures, Park In Moo was surprised that the girl he and Jaejoong passed by the day before and who left a deep impression on not only him, but also Jaejoong, is the same girl as the one standing in the room with him and Jaejoong.  “It’s you.”  Park In Moo says as he looks towards Eun Hye.

            “What?”  Eun Hye broke her trance looking at Jaejoong and Jaejoong broke his trance looking on the floor as they both looked towards the manager.

            “It’s her,”  he says, now looking at Jaejoong.