Best Friends

Hope Remains

Nobodys POV

She was getting ready for school and went to the dining room to eat something and just then Jiyong came. "Good morning, Mrs Kim!" he greeted her mom. "Good morning, Ji Yong"
Their mothers were very close friends and so Soo Jin and Ji Yong grew up together and are never going to leave each other. He walked towards Soo Jin and gave her a peck on her forehead.
"Good morning, dongsaeng." He sat next to her so they could breakfast together.
Afterwards they went to school together. They got out of the car and started walking towards the school building. Suddenly she stopped walking. Jiyong gave her a confused look.When did she stop asking him THAT question? She thought and was shocked when she noticed that she didn
t ask him that question for about two years now. What if he changed his mind yet? She asked herself. Suddenly she felt his hand on her forehead. She looked at his beautiful face as he was worried and asked if she had a fever. "Soo Jin? Are you okay? Whats wrong?" he asked. She shook her head to let go of her thoughts, cleared and answered: "Im okay. Dont worry about me!" She instantly regrets what she just said. He looked deep into her eyes and wondered if she was being honest with him. "How can you say something like that, dongsaeng? Youre going to have a fever. Youre weird like that the whole day now. If youre going to be like that on my birthday as well, Im never going to talk to you again!"

 

Soo Jins POV

He was pissed and turned away. I was walking around him in circles until he went around in circles too and started laughing.
"There we go!" he said as he turned around. "I like you a lot better like this!" he said while he put his arm around me and made his way to the school building. I didnt feel comfortable when he did that. Not because I was ashamed, but because we look like a couple. And were not sadly. Every time I tried to tell him I didnt feel comfortable he answered that he doesnt care because I was his dongsaeng.
We walked towards our classrooms and I was looking up to him. He smirked, like always. I never saw him crying or mad. Only once.. When someone tried to bully me. The only emotions I
ve ever seen of him are being happy, being worried and pouting.

 

//FLASHBACK//

"Soo Jin, why are you crying?" Jiyong asked her and kneeled down to her on the floor. She showed him her skinned hand which was blue and swollen already. He instantly tried to cool her hand. He wiped her tears away with his sleeves. "Look how beautiful you are when you dont cry." she had to smile and turned her face away. "Soo Jin, I will always be there and bring back your smile." he said, proud of himself.

//END OF FLASHBACK//

We arrived in front of my classroom and he let go of me. "Ill pick you up later." he said and walked towards his own class. This age difference was horrible. So horrible that he even called me a kid sometimes even if I was more mature than him.

 

 

(After School)
 

Nobodys POV

They were sitting in the dining room and were working on their homework. Her parents were not at home so they were all free. Suddenly he looked at her in a sneaky way. "Do you have my gift already?" he asked, smirking. She rolled her eyes and laughed. Tomorrow is his birthday. Every year the same thing she thought. "Youre not going to find it give up…" He pouted, but then he started smirking again. "So you have one." She nodded. "Is it huge?" he asked. She had to laugh and answered: "No"
"Is it small?" she chuckled again. How childish he could be at times
"No" she jerked him around. He came closer. "Is it something to wear?" she moved away. He came closer again. Just when she wanted to move away again he put his arms around her and prevented it. "Is it something to eat?" Now she laughed out loud. "Jiyong youre still childish." He pouted again. "Hey Im going to be 18 tomorrow and you only after 4 years." She stopped smiling. She was just about to let a tear come out. He noticed what he just said and regret it instantly, so he held her tighter.
"Soo Jin, Im sorry I didnt mean it like that You know youre mature." She tried to look at him, but then shed only start smiling again. "Hey, come on! Laugh again! Please dongsaeng, dont be mad at me." She looked at him and saw him pouting again. She had to smile: "Its okay. I cant be mad at you anyway." He started smiling like child that got chocolate on Christmas.
They were finishing their homework.
Suddenly he stood up:
"I have to go Soo Jin. Ill come back later." He gave her a peck on her head and disappeared. She looked after him confused. He never left without a reason. She sat down on the couch and waited for hours. She loved him so much.. She would do anything for him and she hoped he would do the same, but every time he wouldnt take her serious he really hurt her and her heart felt like it was breaking and getting smaller. Despite her age she knew she loved him.
Hours passed and he didn
t come back. Her mom was at home but he still wasnt there. Did he forget about her? But he never did. "He would rather die" he told her once.
"Soo Jin, Ill just call his parents and ask if hes at home. He might be there already." Her mom took the phone and dialed the number. Soo Jin was trying to listen but only heard what her mother said. "Good evening, Sohee. Im sorry for calling at this time but is Jiyong at home already?"
"Oh, thank god! Soo Jin started worrying already because he told her he would come to see her again later but its all good then." She said goodbye and hung up.
"So.. Hes sleeping already and you should, too."

 

 

Soo Jins Pov

I felt my heart break a little more. He never forgot me. I waited for him but he didnt come

I run to my room and locked the door. I didnt want to see anyone, not even my mom which was shouting something after me. I lay down on my bed and pushed my pillow against me like Id try to make a hole into my body. 15 minutes passed and I didnt stop crying. Suddenly someone knocked on the door. "Soo Jin?" his voice was like a knife. What was wrong with him? He acted so weird. I didnt want to let him inside. Id just act like I was sleeping and I didnt hear him. He knocked again: "Soo Jin! Let me come in!" I put the pillow on my head. Knocked again: "Soo Jin are you sleeping or do you not want to hear me?" Okay now it has to sound real. Comon. I cant show him that he hurts me. He might make fun of me "Yaaaah! Stop knocking on the door. You woke me up! See you tomorrow…" I yelled. I heard his steps from far away. I hugged the pillow again and turned around. How can he not see it? Suddenly I felt his hand on my back, so I turned around to look into his eyes. "I knew it Im here now.. So whats wrong?" I felt numb. He saw exactly what Ive been trying to hide all the time. A little girl who was crying over a guy who will always only see her as his sister. I dont want to be like this. I am 4 years younger than him and every second I tried to hide every childish part about me just to talk to him. Just to be with him without being embarrassing but now Ive been trying to hide it for 8 years for nothing. I just looked at him. He lay down right next to me. "Soo Jin, please stop crying! Your eyes are way too beautiful to be swollen tomorrow. Tomorrow is my big day Come on."
 

 

Nobodys POV

She turned away. He looked at her back. How could he forget about her, the only girl he trusts this much. The only girl who is much more mature with her 14 years; and now he hurt her. He stood up and walked around the bed just to see her face. "Soo Jin, Im really sorry it will never happen again…" She was starting to get mad: "Jiyong…" She stood up: "Stop it if youre not even serious about it." She said more that she actually wanted. He was surprised. He didnt really know what she wanted to say. "I actually am really serious about our friendship, thats why I am here. Thats why I let you ignore Me." he said, almost mad. She looked at him with wide huge eyes. He couldnt resist hugging her. "Soo Jin, please dont be mad. If youre mad who is going to stay by my side tomorrow?" Now she hugged him back. She might have overreacted But how do you say? Love makes blind and stupid

"Im sorry, I overreacted…" He cut her sentence to talk: "No, youre right Im a pabo. I deserved it and now please start smiling. You have to look fresh tomorrow."
He let go of her and saw she still didnt smile but as she saw that he was waiting she put on a fake smile. Thats how her life was. Day by day she had to suffer till he realizes that she loves him……..