CHAPTER TWENTYTWO

Funny How It Happens

                I’d gone to go and get coffee, and when I came back into the room that they had given HanMi, I found YongGuk lying down in the bed with her, brushing her hair out of her face and looking at her with an adoring look in his eyes. I stopped in the doorway and leaned against it with a small smile, admiring the scene without a word, not wanting to disturb either one of them.

                But he caught me looking soon enough.

                “Her fever started coming back; stop looking at me like that.” He shot me a pointed look before turning back to HanMi. “I got worried, okay?”

                I broke into a huge grin, but bit my lower lip in an attempt to hide it. “Well, you are her father. That’s expected of you to be worried when she’s sick.” I walked over and sat down in the seat beside the bed and glanced over at HanMi, who was simply gazing up at YongGuk with a curious look. “She’s so attached to you, it’s not even funny, I swear.” I paused, looking up and studying his expression. “You can’t leave her.”

                He stared at me for a while. “I won’t.”

                I stayed silent, waiting for him to add more to that, but when he didn’t, I continued. “You can’t leave me either.”

                He smirked. “You left me.”

                “And I regret that stupid decision every day, so don’t do the same thing, okay?” He seemed surprised at first, but he nodded nonetheless before turning his attention back to HanMi, who had started mumbling incoherently.

                She slipped in and out of consciousness throughout the night, so YongGuk and I took turns talking to her and keeping her calm whenever she got the least bit unsure of whatever was going on. At one point, a patient down the hall had some sort of emergency and it woke up her up when nurses and doctors came running passed her room, which scared her. She started crying and YongGuk quickly came to the rescue. All I had to do was sit back and watch in amazement as he talked to her in a soothing tone until her tears stopped flowing, and then he wiped them away and continued to talk to her until she’d fallen back asleep.

                “What?” He gave me an unsure look.

                “What?” I replied, returning the look.

                “You were just giving me a funny look. Did I do something wrong? She stopped crying.” I smiled and quickly shook my head.

                “She stopped crying, YongGuk. That’s just amazing at how fast you got her to stop, is all.” He just continued to give me a weird look before rolling his eyes.

                “You’re such a mom.” He muttered, before slipping into the seat next to me on the couch next to the window. I curled up next to him as he wrapped his arms around me protectively. I reached up and started playing with his fingers.

                “What are you thinking?” He asked after a while. I shrugged.

                “We’re married now.”

                “Hm.”

                “Does that mean we’re going to have to do married couple stuff?” I glanced up to look at his reaction at my question. He chuckled and nudged me playfully.

                “What does that mean exactly?” he asked, tugging on a strand of my hair.

                I crinkled up my nose at him. “I’m not waking up early just to make you breakfast and I’m definitely not going to go around wearing nothing but your t-shirts just because it’s ‘y’, got it?”

                He rolled his eyes. “We’re still living with the guys, I wouldn’t want you to do that.”

                I laughed and reached up to ruffle his hair. “Well then what are you not going to do?”

                It had been meant to be a playful question, but the look in YongGuk’s eyes suddenly changed as I turned to look at him. He titled his head to the side and gazed at me for a moment without saying anything for a long time. Then he reached up and brushed some hair out of my face with a faint smile on his face.

                “Leave you. That’s what I’ll never do.”

                I blinked, allowing his words to sink in. Without realizing it, my heart had started racing faster and I was 99.9% sure I was blushing.

                To hide all of that, I smacked his arm playfully and muttered, “Eyy~ don’t be greasy!” and turned away so he couldn’t see my face. Honestly, that had been what I had wanted him to say and the fact that he had said it just made me so happy.

                We were officially in this together.

                How had I gotten so lucky in the end?

                I bit down on my lower lip and snuggled up closer to him. “Thank you.”

                “For what?” he asked sleepily, poking my cheek and dodging my hand as I tried to swat him away.

                “For being there when I needed you. Even before HanMi, you were there. I owe you so much for that.” I mumbled, closing my eyes. He got really quiet for a while.

                “You gave me HanMi.” He whispered. “In a way, I should be thanking you.”

                I giggled and shook my head at how cheesy we must sound to anyone passing by the room. “Goodnight, Guk.”

                “Night, So.”

               

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

hi :)

sooo this is a late update, isn't it? i'm sorry about that ^^ it's been pretty busy late with prom and emergency room visits and all of that~

i had to get surgery (have you guys ever watched cartoon network while drugged up on morphine...it is TRIPPY)

then i had prom and in between all that i had a BUTTLOAD of homework, and i still do but you know...i wanted to update...

sorry it's short :/ but it's still an update :D

oh and just a heads up...as i'm writing this...B.A.P...........are literally less than 30 min or so away from me (they're on the Strip in Las Vegas filming something on Freemont Street and eating dinner at the Venetian and stuff) and it's KILLING me!!

i can't go see them because today is Mother's Day in the States and i'm spending the day with my mom and it's important to her and all and i'm going to be a good daughter and give up my favorite group to hang out with her and watch movies and go out to eat and drink Starbucks and...and...and...

B.A.P are in Vegas, you guys.

i could literally drive over and just run into them. like people update on tumblr and i'm like "wow i know exactly where they are right now..." not cool guys, not cool

*sigh* one day...i'll meet them and be able to tell them that i'm so thankful to them. without them, i think this past year would have been a lot harder for me. like sure, i have my friends and family that always keep me sane and happy and all, but those moments when i'm alone, i just listened to their music or watched their varitey programs and it just helped me feel better even if i was too sick to even get up.

i should probably learn to speak korean first...that would help XD

wow long A/N....if you read all the way to the end...i applaud you!

thanks for reading~