CHAPTER TWELVE

Funny How It Happens

                When we entered the dorm, it was pretty quiet.

                Until Hana crashed into the shoe rack and sent it all falling to the ground. We stood there, staring at her in disbelief for a while, while she just stared at it. Then she looked up at us.

                “That wasn’t me.” She slurred, pointing at the scattered shoes on the floor. Himchan sighed and bent down to pick up the shoes, gesturing for Hana to go sit down. I pulled Hana into the living room and sat her down on the couch.

                “Stay here.” I told her sternly, before going into the kitchen. YongGuk was already pouring water for her. He handed me the glass. “Thanks.”

                “Was what she said true? In the car?” he asked, not letting go of the glass as I reached out to take it. I sighed and looked away.

                “Can we talk later?”

                “Or we could talk now. Because your version of talking later usually means never.” He placed the glass on the counter behind him and crossed his arms. “Was it true?”

                I stared at him for a while and then looked down at the ground and nodded. “I had a couple break downs where I almost went back and told you, but she stopped me. It was my idea to not tell you, though, not hers. I didn’t want to be the reason that you didn’t reach your dreams or do what you wanted.”

                It got silent. I looked back up to see YongGuk studying my face. He nodded and looked away as soon as our eyes met.

                “Fine.” He mumbled. He grabbed the glass and left the kitchen to go take it to Hana.

                Fine? That’s all he had to say? What was going on with him all of a sudden? He wants to talk and I’m talking and now he’s done?

                I groaned and sat down at the kitchen table, putting my head down.

                “What’s wrong with you?” Himchan’s voice broke through the silence, making me look up.

                “Bang YongGuk is what’s wrong with me.” I replied.

                Himchan bit down on his lower lip in an attempt to hide his smile. “Why don’t you guys just get married?”

                “Excuse me?”

                “If you’re going to keep acting like this—“

                “Like what?”

                “Like you don’t want to be around each other when we all know you actually want to just want to run away together—“

                “I do not want to—“

                “Kim SoKyung, if I know anything about you, it’s that if you had the chance, you’d marry YongGuk in a heartbeat.” Himchan smirked, knowing very well that he was right and I couldn’t even argue with him. I scoffed and looked away. Himchan chuckled. “Just put your guard down and tell him, that’s all he’s waiting for.”

                I glanced back to look at YongGuk and watched as he got up from the couch and began to walk back into the kitchen. I turned to look back at Himchan.

                “I’m not saying anything.” I said just as YongGuk entered the kitchen.

                “Saying anything about what?” Himchan shrugged the same time I quickly replied with, “Nothing!” and then it got awkwardly quiet in the kitchen. YongGuk stared at us for a while then sighed. “Hana fell asleep.”

                “Guess she’s sleeping over then.” Himchan joked, walking out of the kitchen to go retrieve extra blankets. YongGuk and I stayed silent.

                “So,” he paused and waited for me to look at him. “I’m not angry at you for not telling me about HanMi or anything like that, I just really wish you could have.” He walked over and sat down across from me. “I just feel like you didn’t trust me enough to tell me, and it had nothing to do with whatever I was doing with my career.” I bowed my head and stared down at my hands. “And I feel like now you don’t trust me enough to even tell me that.”

                “I was scared that you wouldn’t…” my voice trailed off and I let out a heavy sigh. I didn’t want to finish the sentence but he seemed to understand why.

                “How long have you known me, So? Did you really think I’d abandon you?” he reached over and ruffled my hair. “That’s completely insane to think.”

                “Yah, don’t do that.” I fixed my hair and pushed his hand away, trying to look angry but I ended up smiling anyway. Leave it to YongGuk to turn such a serious conversation to something so light in seconds. He stood up and placed the glass in the sink.

                “I’ll see you in the morning.” He said as he turned to go back to the guys’ room, I nodded and went over to the living room, where Himchan had already laid out the mattress and blankets for me.

                How nice of him.

                The next morning, I woke up earlier than planned. I made a quick breakfast for everyone before going to wake up the guys and get them ready for schedules. Once they’d eaten and were getting dressed, I woke up Hana.

                “No.” she mumbled, pushing my hands away after I’d shaken her awake. “Go away.”

                “Hana, you’ve got to get up and go to work.” I said as gently as I could, knowing very well that she most likely had a hangover.

                Her eyes opened slightly and she frowned at me. “I quit my job yesterday.”

                I stared at her in disbelief for a second. She huffed and looked away.

                “I just got sick of it and quit.” She shrugged. “That’s why I wanted to hang out yesterday, just to get my mind off all of the stress, you know?”

                “What are you going to do?” I whispered.

                She shrugged again. “Marry someone rich?” she glanced up and noticed the deadpanned look I was giving her and sighed. “Look for a new job.”

                “Hey, you’re alive.” Himchan came over and knelt down beside the couch, smiling at Hana. “Are you planning on getting up anytime soon?”

                “I’m still thinking about it.” She replied, burying her face back into the pillow.

                “Yah, get up.” He poked her side, making her squirm.

                “No.”

                “Get up.” Poke.

                “No.”

                “Get up, Hana.” Poke.

                “No.”

                “Hana, get u­p.” Poke.

                “Quit poking me!” She sat up, smacking at his hands and scowling. Himchan smirked and stood up, triumphant.

                “Alright.” And then he walked away.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

nothing much to say ^^

hope you like this chapter :)

thanks for reading~