Audition and What It Brings

Your Love is All I Need

 

Yunho's POV

 

It's been two years. Two years since I last saw her in person. How is she now? She must be really busy. 

 

Donghae and Bo Kyung of course, got accepted into SM and they are trainees now. We often contact each other, but neither of them has met or got in contact with Boa for the two years they've been trainees. 

 

She's going to release another album now. Her second Korean album. 

 

She also debuted in Japan, a really great feat at such a young age. 

 

And she's holding a fan-signing event. Today. 

 

Should I go? It's probably my only chance to meet her now. 

 

I guess I should just go. I grab my cap and hoodie. I don't want her to recognize me. And of course, I also grab my copy of No.1 for her to sign. 

 

"Where are you going?" 

 

"Um, nowhere? Just gonna walk around." I lie to my dad. 

 

"Alright, don't go for too long. Be back for dinner." He says, then goes back to his room. 

 

I sigh in relief and rush outside. I ride my bike to the place where the fan-signing will take place. 

 

When I get there, the whole place is crowded. So many people trying to see her in person, to talk to her, to get her autograph. Including me. 

 

I'll be lying if I say I don't have her posters on my room. She's right up there along with H.O.T, Shinhwa, and Michael Jackson. I'll be lying if I say I don't have all her albums, or haven't watch all her music videos multiple times. 

 

That's how much I miss her. 

 

I miss her being by my side, I miss talking and joking around with her, I miss walking to school with her. 

 

I miss her. 

 

And so I get into line, readying my copy of her album for her to sign. 

 

"Hi, who should I sign this for?"

 

"Oh, Yunho. It's Yunho." I say, forgetting that I'm not supposed to tell her my name. I pull my cap low, not letting her see my face. 

 

"Yunho?" Her lips tilted up in a faint smile. 

 

"I got a friend called Yunho once. Jung Yunho. He's a really awesome friend. Unfortunately, I couldn't get in touch with him lately, due to my busy schedules." She says while signing the cd. 

 

"Oh, well. Why am I telling you this?" She laughs. 

 

"Here you go!" She says, giving the signed cd to me. 

 

"Kamsahamnida." I say, bowing my head a little. 

 

I leave with a big grin on my face. She still remembers me. With all those things she had to deal with during the two years, she still remembers. 

 

I walk down the road, hurrying home, but I stop once I see an audition advertisement in front of a building. SM Entertainment Building.  

 

I couldn't help but consider to audition. I could do it without my father knowing. Yes, I could. 

 

With that, I hurry home and rush to my room. I prepare the cd with the song that I'm gonna use for the audition. I stuff my clothes and money inside my bag and ran out of the door. I immediately go to the SM building and submit my name for audition. 

 

I wait patiently, while watching the other participants' performance. I see that the judges interrupt most of their performance and stop them. I don't like that and I don't want that to happen to me. 

 

When it's finally my turn, I tell the judges first, "With all due respect, could you please wait for me to finish my performance?"

 

The judges just smile and nod, and I proceed to my performance. 

 

The judges keep their words and didn't stop me during my performance. They thank me, which I return with a bow, and I leave the stage. 

 

Now that the audition's over, I begin to think about what am I going to do next. I don't know if I'll be able to go home and face my father. I know I won't be able to lie to him. So, going home is not an option. 

 

I go over to a nearby park and find a bench in a more secluded area. I lie down and use my bag as a pillow. This is not going to end good with my dad. 

 

The result of the audition is announced the next day. My heart thumps as I check the list, desperately trying to find my name. 

 

And there it is. Jung Yunho. It's right there on the list. I'm supposed to go to the second audition tomorrow. 

 

I couldn't be happier! I've got a chance now. I could finally fulfill my dream and meet Boa again! Oh, this is so exciting! 

 

But what am I going to say to my dad now?

 

I decided to just sleep at the park again. 

 

I walk around without direction for the rest of the day. Going to CD stores, or just strolling around the streets. 

 

As the sun goes down, I walk back to the park, taking a shortcut through the small alleys. It's not until the man snatches my bag away that I notice him following me. 

 

"Ya! Give it back!" I shout, running after him with all my might. 

 

I tackle him from behind, but he easily slips away. 

 

I follow him again, but I realize it's a futile attempt. He's too fast. I finally stop and turn back to the direction I came from. 

 

How am I suppose to go to the second audition tomorrow? That man took my CD. And I have no money left to buy a substitute. 

 

The only way now is to borrow a CD. I walk faster to the direction of my cousin's house.  

 

I ring the bell and she immediately opens the door. 

 

"Nuguseyo?" She says while opening the door. 

 

Her face lights up and a huge grin appears when she sees me. 

 

"Oppa! What are you doing here so late at night?"

 

"Well, couldn't I visit my favorite cousin?" I say, grinning. 

 

I hug her and she hugs me back. 

 

"It's nice to see you, Oppa! It's been quite a long time." 

 

"Me too, Ara. I've missed you so much." I reply her. 

 

She lets me come inside and offer me a cup of tea, which I accept. 

 

"Ara-ya, can I borrow a CD for my audition tomorrow? Someone snatched my bag and the cd I was originally going to use was inside."

 

Go Ara squeals in delight, "You are finally auditioning, Oppa?"

 

"Yeah, but don't tell my father or anyone else." 

 

"Okay, okay. Just choose from my collection." She says while pointing to her shelf full of CDs. 

 

"Ne, gomawo." 

 

I make my way to the shelf and starts to find a song that has similar beat to the song I was originally going to use. 

 

After some time, I found Lee Jung Hyun's second album. The title song, Peace, has quite similar tempo and style to the music I was going to use. Perfect. 

 

"Ara, I think I'll just take this one." I say, showing her the CD. 

 

"Oh, okay! But, Oppa, do you have a place to stay until tomorrow?" 

 

I shake my head. 

 

"Then stay here! We have a guest room for you to stay. I won't tolerate you sleeping outside. Besides, it's starting to rain."

 

I smile. There's a reason she's my favorite cousin. 

 

"Alright. Gomawo, Ara-ya."

 

And so, I stay till morning. 

 

I wake up and immediately shower. I take the CD and bid farewell to Ara. 

 

"Good luck, Oppa!" She hugs me. 

 

I hug her back and start my walk to the SM Building. 

 

I dance to Peace and it doesn't turn out bad. It's actually pretty good. 

 

After what I consider a success, I leave the building and head to a snacks stall near the building. 

 

I'm ordering the food when I remember I don't have any money. I swallow my embarrassment and say sorry to the ahjumma. I explain that my money was robbed yesterday. She says it's okay and I thank her for her kindness. 

 

Suddenly a friendly voice from behind me says, "Ahjumma, just get the order. It's on me."

 

I immediately turn around and see a guy my age coming next to me. 

 

"Hi. I heard you just got robbed."

 

"Uh, yeah." I awkwardly say back. 

 

The guy says nothing else and I ask the question that bugs me, "I'm sorry, but who are you and why are you helping me? You don't even know me before this. Or do you?"

 

"No, I don't know you before and well, I'm helping you because apparently, you just got robbed and doesn't have any money, and you need to eat."

 

I admire his kindness and thank him. He sticks out his hand and say, "Oh, and the name's Kim Jaejoong."

 

 

A/N: Sorry for not updating! I have lots of things to deal with. Like the endless stress from studying too much math and chemistry. But this chapter is a pretty long one, although a bit rushed and probably . Yeah. And Jae's made an appearance! Regarding the chapter, the story of Yunho's audition is actually a simplified and a bit modified version of his real story. From the audition, robbery, borrowing Lee Jung Hyun's CD from his cousin (of course the cousin's not Ara hehe). It's all based on true story. You can check it out here or on the 6th November episode of Strong Heart. Hope you enjoyed the chapter! :D

- Kim Jaerin (Celine)