Good Enough

Your Love is All I Need

 

Yunho's POV

 

Kwon Boa. It's been a long time since she first stepped into my life.

 

I walk with her to school everyday, sometimes hanging out together with Donghae and Bo Kyung, chat in the evenings through the windows..

 

This morning, I waited for her outside her house, but she didn't come out. I rang the bell, but still no one answered. I waited and waited, until I had to run to school to avoid being late.

 

I figured she'll be here, at school. But she's not. I wonder what happened to her.

 

I must look miserable because Donghae comes up to me and say, "Ya, what happened?"

 

"Nothing happened."

 

"Aish. You're a bad liar, Jung Yunho. Spill." Bo Kyung joins in.

 

I sigh, "It's Boa. She's nowhere to be seen today."

 

"She's probably just busy training. I mean, she's gonna debut soon." Bo Kyung assures me.

 

"But still, her house was empty. I know she lives with her parents and two brothers. The house couldn't have been empty."

 

"You're right. But there's nothing we can do now. All we can do is wait." Donghae says.

 

"I know."

 

I'm walking home when my phone vibrates, indicating there's a text message. I flip my phone open and see that Boa has messaged me.

 

'Yunho, I'm so sorry I didn't come to school today. And I'm sorry to say I won't come again to school for the rest of the semester. I dropped out due to the busy schedules that are assigned to me. My parents and brothers have gone back to our hometown at dawn today and I'm living in the dorm SM assigned me to. I hope you could visit me someday, with Donghae and Bo Kyung. I couldn't meet you guys often though, I'm afraid. Oh yeah, and I'm releasing my debut album in a few days! August 25! Wait for it! :D Aahh~ I'll surely miss you guys! Take care! Don't miss me too much! Hehehe ^^'

 

I read her message over and over again. She really left? She won't come to school again?

 

Although I'm happy she's going to debut soon, I'm really disappointed that she had to leave school.

 

When I arrive, I go straight to my room and mark the calendar. August 25. I'll surely wait for it.

 

The next day, I show Donghae and Bo Kyung the message.

 

"Well, I'm happy for her. After two years, she's finally going to debut! Isn't that great?" Donghae says.

 

"Yeah, I'm happy for her too. But that also means we couldn't spend time with each other anymore." Bo Kyung adds.

 

"It's okay, though. As long as she's happy. She's fulfilling her dreams right now! That's the most important thing." I let a smile show.

 

"Oppa," Bo Kyung calls, "Why don't we audition too?"

 

"What?" Donghae and I says in unison.

 

"I know we can do it. Let's just audition!" Bo Kyung says with a wide grin.

 

I think for a second, "Well, we all can dance and sing decently. Honestly, I've been thinking about it too."

 

Bo Kyung lights up again, "Exactly. Why don't we give it a try?"

 

"But the auditions has just ended. We have to wait until next year." Donghae says.

 

Bo Kyung groans, "Right. It gives us some time to practice, though."

 

"Alright. I'm in." Donghae finally says, "Yunho?"

 

I shrug, "I actually really want to. I don't know, though. You know my dad opposed me to be an artist. I don't know if I can convince him. I don't even think I'm brave enough to tell him that I'm going to audition."

 

"This year is our last year in high school. Even if we go our separate ways after this, we'll meet back again next year on the auditions, okay?" Bo Kyung says to Donghae, "Yunho, think about it, will you?" 

 

"I will."

 

A few days later, I'm sitting in front of the television, waiting for the music program to start. Boa, or now stylized as BoA, is having her debut stage today.

 

"And now," The MC says, "Our young artist will make her debut stage with ID; Peace B! Please welcome, the Beat of Angel, BoA!"

 

I hear the crowds going wild, and then there she is. Smiling on the stage, singing and dancing with incredible skill. I find myself singing along to her song, which I have heard on the release date. The song is stuck in my head ever since.

 

It feels great to see her again, even though just through the television.

 

Seeing her performing there makes me want to actually do it too. I smile to myself. No matter what, I'll convince my father. I'm good enough to be an artist. I'm good enough to be like her.

 

 

A/N: Right. Did you guys enjoy the chapter? What did I lack? And to my three lovely friends here, Cece (kimseungmi1203), Laurent (shiningtaelli23), and Stella (baektotheyeol), thanks for the comments! You guys are the best! I also want to thank you for the subscribes! I really appreciate it. See you on the next update! :D 

- Kim Jaerin (Celine)