Quality Time With Hyejong

You Belong With Me (Irresistible Lips)

 

Saerom sat on her desk and put the diamond ring on the table. She'll tell Dujun tonight that she won't accept his proposal and that she's already has someone she truly loved. It's getting tired living in hiding. After this, she will held a family meeting and introduce Minhyuk to her family.

 

Knock. Knock. "Excuse me, Miss Kang. May I come in?" asked the voice behind the doors. It's Hyejong.

 

"Come in, Hyejong."

 

Hyejong opened the door carefully and entered Saerom's office. She brought so many documents with her.

 

"This is some documents that you have to check and sign Miss."

 

She's going to put the documents on Saerom's desk like she used to, but she stopped because she saw a diamond ring on it. She looked suprised for a bit but the she's going back to normal.

 

"Oh, I'm sorry." Saerom take the ring off her desk and put it back into the box. Hyejong then put all the documents on Saerom desk.

 

"Eh... Congratulations, Miss. Kang!" she said.

 

"Huh?"

 

Saerom looking at Hyejong in confusion. Hyejong glanced at the box Saerom's holding. Saerom finally get it.

 

"Ah... this? This is nothing. There's nothing to be congratulated." she said, putting the box inside her purse again.

 

"Eh, that ring is not from Mr. Yoon?" asked Hyejong.

 

Saerom raised her eyebrows. It's the first time Hyejong asking something to her that's not related to work. Hyejong expression looks uneasy and she hurriedly going back to her desk outside.

 

"Wait, where are you going?" asked Saerom right before Hyejong opened the door.

 

She turned and bowed. "I'm sorry Miss. Kang. I was presumptuous." she said.

 

"No no no... You're not. Don't feel like that, Hyejong-ah." Saerom gave her a smile that makes Hyejong heart a bit at ease. "Well, yeah this is a proposal ring and yeah it's from Yoon Dujun. But I will say no to him tonight."

 

"WHAT?! Why?"

 

Saerom raised her eyebrows once again that makes Hyejong flinched. "Well, how about we take a coffee break and have chat. I will tell you the whole story." she said.

 

"Re... Really?"

 

"Yeah, it's been a long time since I have a girl friend to talk to and you've been my secretary for almost 3 years so I think I could trust you." Saerom looked at Hyejong in the eyes. "Can I trust you, Hyejong-ah?"

 

Hyejong stand straight. "Of course, Miss. Of course you can trust me!"

 

"Good, now pack up your things, we're going on a coffee break!"

 

***

 

Saerom parked her car near the Han River. The weather today is so nice and the breeze softly touching her face. She took a sip at her coffee. She sat on the bench near her car. Hyejong is sitting right next to her.

 

"So.... You actually already have a boyfriend of your own, Miss?"

 

Hyejong still cannot belive the story Saerom told her. As far as she knows, Saerom and Dujun are both really intimate for each other. They're often meet and go out on a date together. She cannot belive that Saerom didn't love Dujun at all. Because Hyejong can tell that Dujun is really deeply in love with her boss here.

 

"Well, yeah. That's the truth. Minhyuk is my saviour, you know. At the moment I first locked eyes with him, I knew he's the one for me." said Saerom. "Don't you ever feel this way, Hyejong-ah?"

 

Hyejong fell silent. She never really found a man that can make her feel that way.

 

"Uh, may I know how did you two meet? And did you meet him before or after meet Mr. Yoon?"

 

"Hmm..." Hyejong's questiong brought Saerom back to the incident that happened to her 3 years ago.

 

***

 

Saerom walked to her apartement because her car is suddenly ran out of fuel. It's already midnight and her phone was off so she didn't really have another options. She walked through the quite and dimly road. When she reached the intersection near her apartement building, she was blocked by some men she didn't know. 

 

"So this is the daughter of that famous Kang Family." said one of the man. They all wore black skiing mask so Saerom couldn't recognize his face.

 

"How about we take her to our place and ask for some money from her family, huh?" said the other.

 

"What a great idea."

 

Two of them grabbed Saerom's arms and covered with a cloth. She tried to fight back but it's no use, the two of them are stronger than her. Saerom cried and hoping that someone will rescue her from those bastard.

 

Just when she was about to be dragged to their car, there's a guy with a motorcycle come towards them and hit one of the kidnappers. He get off from his motorcycle and pull Saerom away from the other kidnapers. 

 

"Who are you messing with us, huh? Don't you know who we are?!" said one of the kidnaper that grabbed Saerom earlier.

 

"Get on my motorcycle, now." the guy whispered to Saerom. Saerom nodded and hurriedly get on the motorcycle.

 

The kidnappers tried to attack the guy but he can dodge the punch quick. He gave them a few punch on their chests and their faces before escaping with Saerom on his motorcycle. He parked his motorcycle in front of Saerom's apartement building and take her to the apartement.

 

"Thank you. Thank you very much. I don't know how my life will be if you're not there. Thank you very much!"

 

"It's okay. Next time don't walk alone in the middle of the night, okay. There're so many people like them hanging around the street."

 

Saerom nodded. "Eh, may I know your name? So I can thank you properly?" she asked.

 

"Minhyuk." the guy said. "Lee Minhyuk."

 

"Ah, thank you, Minhyuk-ssi. I'm Saerom. Kang Saerom."

 

***

 

"Ah... now I know why you love him so much, Miss." said Hyejong.

 

"Yeah. At first, before meeting him, I really don't mind my parents set me up with any boys they liked. I thought, I really didn't have time to date and meeting guys anyway so why not. But then he came and my life changed. I don't want to be with anyone else but him."

 

Hyejong nodded. "But I feel a bit pityfull though.... to Mr. Yoon. It seems like he really loved you, Miss."

 

"How can you be sure, Hyejong-ah? He's an heir too, like me. He will do anything to keep his business to go on, right?"

 

Hyejong shrugged. "Well, you said it yourself, Miss. That he looked so nervous when he asked you to marry him. When he just asking for it, I don't think he will be that nervous. Right?"

 

Saerom fell silent upon Hyejong's word. Dujun's face the night he proposed to her suddenly appeared on her mind. He really looked serious and sincere. Does he really mean it? For her to be his wife. Does he love her?

 

"Ah, let's just end it here." said Saerom. "Let's go back to the office."

 

Hyejong nodded and followed Saerom back to the car. I really ship you with Mr. Yoon, Miss. I hope you really can consider his proposal.....

 


 

Late night update hehehehe ^^ Thanks for subscribing :))) Don't forget to drop your thought of the story by comment. Don't be a silent reader please hehehehe.