Is it Destiny?

Away From Home

 

 
[POV - SeungJin]
That girl just now reminded me of AJ… It was probably just a coincidence. Lately every girl with black hair and a head smaller than me would remind me of her. I wonder if there’s something wrong with me… Oh, seems like the first years are leaving. Maybe I can find AJ… I kept looking at the first years that were leaving one after another. She probably left already. The first years are so lucky getting to leave so early, though I and SeungYub just came here because of a schedule… we should hurry up!
SJ – “AH! SeungYub ppali! Next class is chemistry so the demon teacher is here!”
When I turned around I saw two girls looking at us. They looked awfully familiar, but before I could recognize them SeungYub blocked my view and dragged me with him.
 
[POV – Fly on the wall]
The two boys arrived to their classroom. As usual the girl started to flock around them. Even so SeungJin couldn’t get his mind of AJ and the girl he saw outside. They had a hard time getting into the classroom.
Girl – “Ppali, back to your seats! KyuBok sungsen-nim is here!”
*Click*
Everybody rushed to their seat before the demon teacher could yell at them.
Students - "Annyeonghaseyo sungse-nim"
Everybody said as they bowed to their teacher. KyuBok sungsen-nim was the only teacher they bowed to, they did bow to the principal though.
KB - "Good morning students."
He said while taking out some papers. Everyone despised the way the teacher talked. He talked like he was some almighty being or a kind of lord.
KB - "At the board a few days ago we have decided to set up a performance of  4, mixing second years with first years. We have already put together the groups so you don't need to worry."
The whole class started to murmur. Everybody whispered to each other, though SeungJin and SeungYub were in their own world and didn't notice the task the teacher just gave them.
KB - "Silence! Tomorrow you will meet up in the first year’s classrooms and further instructions will be given there."
The class became silence the moment he ordered them to, but afterwards it started to get noisy again. Finally the two boys snapped out of it and tried to figure out what just happened in class.
 
[POV - SeungYub]
KB - "You're dismissed."
Was he a boss of a company or what? Wonder if he have some broken dreams that made him like that... So we're going to have a collaboration performance with the first years. Wonder who my partners are. It would be a miracle if I and SeungJin ended up in the same group as RJ and AJ. Like that ever happens.
 
[POV - AJ]
RJ - "Hah... So we're doing a collab tomorrow..."
AJ - " Yeah... Wonder if we get to pair up with someone good or with we gets paired up with each other."
We were both laying in our bed while staring at the celling. We weren't too worried about the collab, even if we did wish to be in the same group. On the other hand we were more worried why SeungJin and SeungYub didn't recognize us. They just walked past us like we were strangers, well we are somewhat strangers though. Maybe it all was just a regular summer fling. I almost fell for him to. Or maybe I already did?
 
-Next Day-
[POV - Fly on the wall]
All of the first years from class B have met up in their classroom. It seems like first years from class B was having a collaboration with the second years from class B and the same with class A. AJ and RJ was talking to their new friend from yesterday and her bestfriend, they seemed to hit it off quite well from the start. 
MS - "So this is my bestfriend Minho, I know he's not beautiful or cool as Lee Minho and Choi Minho even if the name is the same."
MinSuh joked while making fun of her friend. AJ and RJ laughed at the ridiculous joke MinSuh made. 
MH - "Yah! Not every MinHo in this world is perfect!"
He said glaring at MinSuh. She ignored him and resumed her talk with the two other girls. MinHo, unlike the singer and actor, was a little thin and nerdy looking boy. It's understandable why he got teased by MinSuh so often. 
 
After a couple of minutes the second years started coming in. Some of them stood uncomfortable in the corners and some talked to people they knew. A few minutes later the teachers came in. There were two teachers here. One of them was AJ and RJ's homeroom teacher, MinJung sung-senim, and the other one was the second year’s teacher.
KB – “Hello, I’m KyuBok and I’m the second year’s teacher that is in charge for this project. As you all know from today and for the next month-”
Before KyuBok sung-senim could finish his sentence two boys entered the classroom. They weren’t just any boys. They were SeungJin and SeungYub. The moment AJ turned to look at them, her heart stared to ache. Then KyuBok sung-senim continued his sentence with a scoff.
KB – “So, this month we are going to work on the performance as a way to experience the difficulty of the field. The only difference is that you will get help at some part from the teachers.”
KyuBok sung-senim continued with his talk filled with difficult words. Since AJ and RJ are from another country and hence they couldn’t understand each and every word he spoke. So under his speech they asked MinSuh several times what the words meant.
KB – “You three over there! Haven’t you learnt that it’s rude to speak when others are talking?!”
He said with an angry voice. AJ, as the scared cat she is, flinched as he spoke. At each and every word he said.
AJ – “Ah, mianhe-yo. But we’re overseas students that came here to learn so we don’t fully understand what you said.”
AJ said while fiddling with her hands. Then RJ continued AJ’s sentence.
RJ – “So we asked MinSuh to explain what you just said.”
The two girls were like a mouse trapped in a corner when the second year teacher glared at them. He felt defeated because they had a proper reason, therefore he became even more irritated. SeungJin who noticed the two familiar girls in the corner almost yelled out to them. Just right before he did the MinJung started to talk.
MJ – “Ehm, so I’m now going to tell you who’s going to be with whom.”
Just before he continued SeungYub poked at SeungJin with his elbow. By using his eyes he pointed at RJ and AJ. SeungJin knew and nodded at him hoping that he and SeungYub ended up with them.
MJ – “First up: MinSuh, Minho, JoonHo and EunJoo. Etc.”
After a couple of minutes almost everybody except from AJ, RJ, SeungJin, SeungYub and a couple of others were put into groups.
MJ – “Then it’s AJ, RJ, SeungJin and SeungYub. The last 4 know where they should be.”
He said closing the folder he was holding. Some of the students cried Ehhh?! while others were quite satisfied, like the JokerZ duo and the two members from A-JAX.
They all went to their appointed groups. SeungJin and SeungYub went over to AJ and RJ first. There was immediately an awkward silence. The girls who though that the boys had forgotten them, and the boys who could only dream about them being together once more were now standing right in front of each other.