9. Reunion

Away From Home

 

[POV - Fly on the wall]
Everybody was sent home. They could either ask to borrow a room at school to discuss or go home. Though some of them have classes in the afternoon. The awkward people that were unexpectedly put into the same group were completely silent. They've decided to use one of the school rooms since they all live in dorms. They got assigned to a group room in the east building, the one that almost nobody used. AJ and RJ was a little sad and happy at the same time. They finally met again, but why didn't the two boys contact them? Was it really just a summer fling? Thoughts that they didn't want to appear floated around and disturbed their minds. The boys on the other hand was exited but didn't know what to say. SeungYub collected the courage to start a conversation.
SY - "So... It's been quite a while."
He said showing a shy smile. The girls looked at the boy and nodded.
SJ - "Um, we're really happy to meet you two again! We were so busy that we only had time to breath and sleep!"
SeungJin mushed up the courage and tried to break the silence, but used to much strength and ended up with screaming. AJ flinched at his loud voice and then they became silence again. With the tense atmosphere it was almost impossible to start a normal conversation.
AJ - "We should start planning right?"
She said taking up a book to write notes in. The boys nodded and was about to take up their books, but remembered that they had everything in they lockers.
SY - "We're going to pick up our books and we'll be back in a minute."
He said as he and SeungJin stood up. The girls nodded and looked at them go.
RJ - "Ottoke...?"
AJ looked at her and shrugged her shoulders.
AJ - "We finally meet again and now it's awkward..."
RJ - "Yeah..."
They stared at the door planning what to say to them when they come back.
 
~SeungJin & SeungYub~
SJ - "Aish! That was so awkward!"
SeungJin screamed as they walked down the corridor. SeungYub hushed him and pointed at the people in the library right beside them. SeungJin noticed and bowed to them and continued to walk.
SY - "Oi... What should we do?"
SeungJin looked at his friend beside him and showed a frowned face while looking up.
SJ - "Yeah... What should we do?"
They both thought hard on the way to the lockers and back.
 
SJ - "We're back!"
He said as he opened the door. The two startled girls stared with wide eyes as he came in.
AJ - "Ah, err... Welcome back?"
Both RJ and SeungYub bursted out laughing.
RJ - "You guys sounds like a newly wedded couple!"
Within a split second everything became normal, almost to normal. It suddenly got silent again.
SY - "Um... So, does this mean we're friends again?"
The question came after couple of minutes with silence. AJ and RJ looked at each other and nodded.
RJ - "Un. Buuut..."
Both SeungJin and SeungYub nodded while the neck started to stretch out like a turtle neck. AJ looked at RJ once more and nodded.
AJ - "You have to treat us to dinner."
She said while grinning.
"Eh?!"
The two boys yelled in unison. They looked at each other and nodded.
SJ - "For the sake of love and friendship."
SY - "We shall offer you food!"
They said while posing like Power Rangers. The girls couldn't hold in their laugher and almost rolled on the floor. It felt like they had ben friends since childhood even if they only knew each other for a day.
 
After a couple of minutes laughing their off RJ asked.
RJ - "So what are we going to do about the performance?"
They all got into a serious mode.
AJ - "Well, since you to have already debuted and SeungJin-oppa is a rapper and SeungYub-oppa is and vocalist then we should give you to those roles."
RJ nodded in agreement.
SJ - "O-oppa?!"
AJ chuckled at his cute reaction.
AJ - "You guys are really not used to being called oppa."
RJ - "It was like that when I called SeungYub-oppa in the car to."
The girls giggled when SeungYub started to blush to.
AJ - "Then what do you want us to call you?"
AJ tilted her head as she asked. Which SeungJin thought was amazingly cute and whispered.
SJ - "That's unfair..."
AJ - "Huh..? Did you say something?"
She said closing up to him. He got shocked and backed off when he saw her face in front of him. He pushed a little to hard and so the chair fell. Of course he fell with the chair.
*BAM!*
The sound almost echoed in the corridor.
AJ - "Oppa?!"
All of them ran over to his side. Even with them yelling around him, he had already out the moment he hit the floor with his head.
 
[POV - SeungJin]
Ouch... Where am I? I tried to open my eyes, but the light were to strong. I blinked a couple of times before I got used to it.
"Ouch..."
I groaned when I tried to sit up, but there was something heavy on my arm. I first turned to the left and saw a window.
"Night already...?"
I mumbled to myself and turned to the right side where my hand couldn't move. I were still sluggish and my eyes couldn't focus properly, but something told me that it was a girl resting on my arm. I stared until my eyes focused. I saw a girl with long black hair that shined in a light brown color. Her bangs covered her face. Unconsciously my free hand moved over and removed the bangs that covered her face.
"Huh...?"
The girl slowly sat up and brushed her hand through her hair. Then we both realized what just happened. I sat up in panic, but I forgot the fact that I just fainted.
"Ouch!"
My head was throbbing for every small sound that was made. It felt like all my blood rushed to my head. I held my head in pain.
"Oppa! Kwaenchana?!"
The girl beside me asked with a worried look.
"Ah, AJ... Yeah, it hurts, but I can bear with it."
I said pushing myself to smile. I know how fake it must have looked, since it was fake. I felt like dying and almost wanted to jump out the window. Not only because it hurts, but because I probably look like a pathetic fool who fainted from falling of a chair because the girl I like face was close to mine. Wait... Did I just think <>??? I snapped out of my thoughts when she stood up.
"I'll tell the school doctor that your awake."
She was about to walk away from me and leave me alone with thoughts I'm unsure of.
"Please don't go."
I said as I grabbed her arm. I didn't realize what I did before her face became colored by a deep red color. Unknowably I blushed at my bold actions. I pulled my arm back and surprisingly she sat down, even if she didn't look me in the eyes.
"I'll stay..."
She mumbled when she sat down. The silence was really awkward now.
"So-"
We both said at the same time. "Pfft...!"
A chuckle escaped our mouth, but it became silent again.
"You go first. Or wait... I was just telling you it's best you lay down and rest."
I noticed that I were still sitting and quickly laid down again.
"Um... Where did RJ and SeungYub go?"
I asked, breaking the silence between us. She flinched before answering me.
"They went home first I think... I was here all the time so I don't know."
Wait.... Did she wait here all the time for me? She waited for me to wake up? I blushed at my own thought and made her blush with me. I wonder how long she waited for me.
"Um... How long was I out?"
I asked out of curiosity. She tok up her phone and looked at it.
"It's 18.30, so you were out for about 6 hours?"
She said while looking up and on her hands.
"6 HOURS?!"
Damn! I got a schedule. I roamed around my pockets hoping that my phone would be there.
"Where is it?!"
I screamed when I couldn't find the phone. Seems like AJ noticed that I was looking for my phone and she pointed at the table. I opened and found 38 missed calls! I quickly opened my phone and called manager hyungnim.
"WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU TWO IDIOTS?!"
A loud voice yelled inside the phone.
"Um... I'm still at school, but I don't know where SeungYub are..."
I said carefully to not anger our manager more than he is. This little incident would probably reach the president to... What should I do?
 
------------------------
Explanations:
OTTOKE - What should I do?
 
OPPA: That’s what girls call older boys with respect. And girls often call their boyfriends or close boy friends for OPPA.
 
KWAENCHANA - Are You Okay?