Nowhere To Hide

If You Love Me

Ah! I seriously thought I updated but the 'Hide Chapter' button was checked all along! To make up for it, I lengthened the chapter and added more parts! I'm really sorry subbies, readers, commenters and voters! I'll make sure nothing goes wrong next time!

Subscribe, Comment and Upvote! It'll make me happy :)

---

Listening To: Only Tears by Infinite

---

A/N: This whole chapter isn't M-rated material but part of the first part is rated for language and violence so I'll mark the start of it with a * :)

---

Serin massaged her sore shoulders and rubbed her aching neck. It was already an hour past midnight. Serin closed her book and neatly packed her homework into her bag. She went into the kitchen and gulped down a glass of water. She stared at her shaking hands and let out an equally shaky breath. She set her bag down by the front door and nervously made her way into the master bedroom.

Timidly, Serin opened the door and peeked inside. She covered but she wasn't fast enough to block her gasp. Her eyes widened at Jay who was standing right in front of the door, holding his head and swaying side to side.

Serin tried closing the door and running away but Jay was one step faster even in his intoxicated state.

*

"You . Why are you coming in so late? Out partying behind my back like the you are?!" Jay shouted lazily as he made his way towards Serin. Serin grew angry at Jay's hurtful, degrading comments but the anger was ignored when images of her dad acting just like Jay came creeping into her mind, traumatizing her.

Serin had trouble breathing while trying to get away from the blood-shot eyes and clenched fists. Her arms blindly reached behind her to keep her from walking into anything. Tears formed in her eyes, some sliding down her cheeks.

Jay reached out to slap Serin but she dodged and instead, a vase was knocked over. The shattered pieces were sent flying across the wood floor. Serin walked over some of the shards that landed in her way but her attention was still on Jay.

Serin turned around and started to run but Jay stretched his arm out and grabbed a fistful of her hair. Serin whimpered in pain and fell on top of the shards she previously stepped on. Jay pulled on Serin's hair and made her stand up.

"You think you can just run from me after ruining my life? ing !" His quiet growl escalated into a frightening yell. His hand came in contact with Serin's face and she fell to the floor with a red hand print on her cheek. She winced as she cupped the abused area. His actions became more vulgar with continuous slaps and punches.

"Why don't you just die already?!" Jay sent a strong kick to Serin's leg, "You and your bastard of a dad should've just died when my dad was about to kill you both!" Jay sent another kick to her leg.

Serin tried getting up to avoid more injuries. She got onto her hands and knees and noticed the blood coming from her feet and her arm. The glass shards were protruding out of her skin.

"All of you need to ing get out of my life!" Jay screamed for the last time as he threw a glass vase onto the floor front of Serin. Suddenly, blood dropped onto the wood in small droplets.

Jay passed out on the floor but Serin was holding her left eye in pain. A large glass shard had scratched the surface of the sensitive body part. She was using every muscle and nerve in her body to not scream.

* (end)

"You need to take care of your eye very well from now on. Change the swab every four hours and apply the solution when you change swabs. The cornea will heal within about a week," Serin called the family doctor to check her eye. The doctor used anesthetic eyedrops to ease the pain and applied antibiotic ointment to prevent infections, "I suggest you stay home from school until your eye completely heals." He put a tight eyepatch on Serin's eye to make sure her lid didn't move around.

Serin nodded and lowered her head. The doctor looked at Serin's bandaged arms and feet then around the messy condo. He let out a breath of sympathy. He's seen this scene too many times to be surprised anymore.

Together, they brought Jay back to bed and cleaned up the mess. He gave Serin a small nod and exited the front door. Serin was left in silence once again. She sighed and slowly made her way to the bathroom. She looked in the mirror and almost cried at her own reflection. Her sweater had blood around the holes that marked where glass had punctured her skin. Her face was bruised where Jay's hands had abused. She leaned back into the wall and slid down in misery.

---

"Aish! Leave me alone!" Jonghyun messed up his red hair. Haneul was bothering him once again with her flirtatious comments.

"Why do you hate me so much oppa?" Haneul pouted which irritated Jonghyun even more, "Look in the mirror and we're the same age," He replied in a monotone voice.

"Hmph," Haneul stood up from the seat in front of Jonghyun and straightened out her uniform jacket. She turned her gaze slightly to the right and noticed Serin's empty chair, "Ha, how pathetic," She let out a huff and returned to her seat.

Jonghyun looked up through his bangs at Haneul's words. He followed her gaze to the seat next to him. He raised his eyebrow in confusion. Usually, he was either here right before the bell rang or late. His curiosity of his partner's whereabouts disappeared when his teacher called for attention after the bell. She began teaching her lesson after taking attendance.

"Okay, now find a partner," Ms. Kang clapped her hands twice and the class became loud again.

Jonghyun saw Haneul out of the corner of his eye, smiling at him, "Ms. Kang! Can I go to the main office?"

---

Serin returned to school after a week. Luckily, the injuries on her arm were able to be covered by her uniform jacket but the bruises on her leg and her eye hadn't completely healed. To avoid even weirder stares, she arrived at school half an hour earlier.

The bruises were on her left leg so no one saw them- no one cared anyway. The patch was gone but she still wore the flat cotton swabs to prevent infections. She hid the swab by casually leaning on her hand without touching her eye when she had to look up. When Serin had to go to her electives, she waited until everyone was out of the room. Fortunately, Haneul didn't bother Serin the whole week she was back. She seemed too angry to interact with anyone.

Serin found out that Jonghyun had changed rooms because Haneul was bothering him too much. Although she didn't know her partner at all, she missed the presence of another being next to her. Haneul, on the other hand, was partially glad that her long-time crush wasn't seated next to her target anymore. The gears in her head were turning with evil thoughts- and scenarios with Jonghyun.

It was a sunny Friday. Serin couldn't wait to go home and relax. During break, Serin slightly jumped when someone slapped their hands down on her desk. She looked up to see Haneul smiling down at her. The person she was wanted to avoid the most was smiling down at her. It was too late to run away. Where would she run to anyway? The hallways were crowded with other students.

"Hi-ya. Let's talk."

---

 

Sincerely yours truly,
WonderBangBaby
 
March 30th, 2013
11:40 PM

Smelling: Oranges
Watching: Nothing
Waiting For: Spring break
Loving: TeenFinite
Next POSSIBLE Update: Tomorrow March 31st, 2013