From Afar

If You Love Me

Serin attended classes for the rest of the day. Her head wasn't aching and her vision was perfect just like it was before.

The bell rang for another free period. Serin climbed upstairs to the roof and watched the sunset. For once, she felt calm and free from any troubles. She sighed and wrapped her arms around her legs. A warm breeze swayed her hair around.

"Mom, I miss you," Serin rested her head on her arms, "Why couldn't you take me with you?" Tears gathered in her eyes, threatening to fall any second. One by one, they cascaded down her cheek in winding paths. Serin quickly wiped them away with her hands and fanned her face, "No, mom told me to always smile. Crying is for little kids."

Serin sighed and closed her eyes, facing the sky with her arms stretched backwards. The bell rang again to signal the end of free period.

---

At 10:30 PM, Serin arrived home. She set her backpack down and rested on the couch in the dark condominium.


wlivingroomlounge.jpg

Moonlight streamed in through the tall windows. Serin sighed and rotated her stiff neck. She found no use in just sitting around so she trudged into the master bedroom.

wmodelbedroom.jpg

She changed into comfortable clothes and washed her face to freshen up. She tied her hair up and returned to the living room to start her homework. She was halfway done when she heard the familiar beeps of the security lock. Her body tensed up automatically and she stopped breathing. Jay was finally home.

"Get out of my way. Another shot! I said another shot!" Jay swayed uneasily as he incoherently mumbled in his drunk state. He made his way to the bedroom, bumping into pillars or walls along the way. When Serin heard the slight thud of Jay's body hitting the bed and his continuous groans, she let out the breath she was holding. She put her elbows on the table and rested her head in her hands. She was shaking unconsciously.

---

Haneul was standing in front of her large window, arms crossed with a bitter smirk on her face. She kept replaying the angering scene in her head over and over again.

Haneul was on her last lap. She was in a good mood because she would be the first girl to finish, again, and seeing Serin miserable was her life-long hobby. She sat on the soccer field by her teacher, stretching out her legs and arms.


"Mr. Kim, this girl fainted on the path! I'm going to take her to the nurse," Haneul looked up to see Jonghyun carrying Serin on his back. Her jaw dropped and her eyes burned with anger.

"Hurry Jonghyun! Get some ice for her right away!" Haneul glared at Mr. Kim.


"That little-, ah!" Haneul's quiet mutters were interrupted by her friends who crashed into her while trying to come to a sudden stop.

"That little brat thinks she can get away by acting so weak and innocent," Haneul's hands curled up into tight fists.

Someone lightly knocked on Haneul's door, "Neul-ah, your mom wants you in her room," Changhyun poked his head into Haneul's room.

Haneul replaced her scowl with a smile, "Okay oppa," Her stepbrother returned the smile and walked away to his room. Haneul stuck out a tongue, mad at the fact that she didn't have any alone time.

---

"Jonghyun-ah," Jonghyun stood at attention immediately, "Take my son back to his condo. That's your only task for tonight," The man took a sip of his drink as he narrowed his eyes at his partying son on the dancefloor below him.

"Yeh," Jonghyun bowed and left the room with the driver. When he got downstairs, he spotted the man's son right away due to both of their tall heights. He pushed his way to the center of the packed crowd, ignoring the promiscuous females who draped themselves on him as he passed by.

"Jay dolyunim, your father has requested that you return home," Jonghyun told Jay over the loud, thumping music. Jay didn't hear anything and just lazily danced while sloppily kissing random girls who grabbed onto him. Jonghyun grew impatient and just grabbed his boss's son. He guided Jay to the front door and into the waiting car.

"Ah, hyung, you're such a bother," Jonghyun sighed and shook his head as Jay unconsciously grumbled and moved around.

The car came to a stop in front a condominium building. Jonghyun hauled Jay out of the car and helped him stand. Together, they rode the elevator up and got off at the 18th floor. Jonghyun grabbed onto Jay's arm and led him to his condo. Jay squinted and widened his eyes repeatedly. He looked around with an annoyed expression.

"What is this place? It's so bright," Jay drunkenly exclaimed. Jonghyun caught Jay before he fell over, "Hyung, you're at your condo. Your dad wanted you to go home," Jonghyun blew his bangs away in irritation. He didn't like it when Jay was drunk and uncooperative.

Jay grumbled while scratching his head. He blindly found the keypad on the door and punched in the passcode. Jonghyun opened the door after getting Jay off of it.

"Get out of my way. Another shot! I said another shot!" The door closed and the keypad chimed, signaling that the door was locked again.

Jonghyun straightened out his jacket and let out a deep breath before returning downstairs to the car.

---


Sincerely yours truly,
WonderBangBaby
 
February 27th, 2013
12:32 AM
 
Listening To: I Wanna Love by Teentop
Smelling: Lotion
Watching: Nothing
Waiting For: Teen Top's comeback stages
Loving: Snow
Next POSSIBLE Update: Today February 27th, 2013