Faceless Interests

If You Love Me

Serin stayed on the rooftop for the rest of her free period. She waited until her tears stopped flowing and her eyes weren't red anymore. She inhaled one more shaky breath before going back to her class. Again, no one paid attention when she entered her classroom. Haneul was laughing with her friends about some new, amazing idol group. Her eyes slyly followed every move Serin made. She secretly smirked at her depressed figure. As soon as Serin sat down in her chair, the bell rang.

All throughout the day, Serin just listened to her teachers' lessons while drawing in her notebook. Even at lunch, she stayed glued to her seat, staring out at the gym class that was playing soccer. She sighed for the umpteenth time and went back to mindlessly creating random drawings.

A sudden kick to the still-empty desk next to her brought Serin out of her deep thoughts. Someone had accidentally bumped into it while gathering their stuff. She looked up to see everyone leaving. The light blue sky outside had turned into a dark, navy color. The moon lit up the sky brightly. It was finally time to go home.

Serin gripped onto her backpack straps as she slowly made her way home. She kicked a small pebble as she walked. She crossed the busy street and safely made it across to the other side. She sighed again and looked up at the city lights. It was a 30 minute walk to get from Apgujeong to her apartment on the edge of the Apgujeong-Sinsa border.

There were less and less students walking in Serin's direction as she got farther away from her school. A group of boys from a school a couple blocks down were behind Serin but she didn't mind. All they were doing were laughing at inappropriate jokes. Suddenly, an arm subtly found itself on top of Serin's shoulders. She slowly looked up in confusion, her eyebrows creased with a hint of irritation.

"Hey, so you go to ShinHwa?" The boy, the main joker from the rowdy group behind Serin, asked as he checked her uniform, "What's your name?" He smiled at her greasily.

"I'm not interested," Serin politely tried taking the boy's arm off her shoulder but he wouldn't budge. They were starting to head into the shady part of the city now.

"Aw, I just want to be your friend. My name's Giwoo," Serin tried walking faster but Giwoo easily caught up with her pace and held onto her tighter.

"Get your hands off of me," Serin started to get angry. She had enough and finally slapped his face. Everyone, Serin, Giwoo, his friends, paused. Giwoo's arm was off of Serin. He rotated his jaw in anger and scoffed. He then nodded to his friends and made a motion with his hands. They closed the 5 foot gap. Giwoo suddenly grabbed Serin shoulders and shoved her into a dark alley. He pushed her against the brick wall by her collar and sneered in her face. Serin gulped in fear, regretting her actions.

"Look, I know you're from another school and all, but there's one thing you should know. Around here, I'm the top-dog. Everything is my territory. If anyone hears that you dare hit THE Jung Giwoo's face, you'd be dead in one second by my fangirls," Serin couldn't believe the crap that was spilling out of the guy's mouth. He was like the male version of Haneul.

"Ugh, stop it. You make me want to puke," A voice suddenly sounded throughout the alley. All the guys looked up in the direction of the footsteps that were getting closer. Serin just closed her eyes and prayed that everything would be over.

"Who the hell are you? No one talks back to Jung Giwoo!" He called out in his overly confident voice.

"Oh yeah?" The group of guys froze when they saw the stranger's face. Their eyes grew wide and their mouths went dry. The stranger chuckled.

"S-s-sunbae! How nice seeing y-you here!" Giwoo let go of Serin and stood at attention. Serin just squatted down, all the pressure in her legs released.

The intruder chuckled again, "You guys are pathetic. You were just talking about yourself like some god or something," His light laughs didn't stop, "I don't think Changjo would like to hear that someone's going around saying they're the top-dog, now would he?"

The guys started running out of the alley, afraid that they would get quite a beating. Serin looked up at the stranger who was laughing again. It was too dark to see his face.

"They always get caught by me and they always run off like that," He shook his head. He then paid attention to Serin who was still squatting, "Hey, are you okay?" He bent down and brushed the hair in her face away. Serin just moved her head away and stood up. She was fed up with all these random, weird people lurking around. She just brushed her skirt and started walking away.

"Be careful! I'm not always going to be everywhere!" The guy from the alley called. Serin shook her head and turned the corner.

---

"Han Serin, can you come up and solve this problem?" The next day at school, Serin was, once again, sitting alone. She was making random lines on her sticky note when Mrs. Cho, her math teacher called her up.

As Serin was writing on the white-board, the second door to the room opened. The person that came in tried to sneakily make their way across the back of the room.

"Mr. Choi, you're finally here, and late," Mrs. Cho turned around and pushed her glasses down. All the students looked behind them and gasped in surprise. The giggles and whispers started again. Choi Jonghyun had come to school.

"We started school yesterday, and classes begin at 7 AM sharp. Did you forget again?" Mrs. Cho crossed her arms.


"Aw come on Mrs. Cho," Jonghyun just smiled and rubbed his hands together. No teacher in this school could resist the baby-faced giant and his failed ways of trying to look cute.

Mrs. Cho just sighed and rolled her eyes, "But you do know it's already fourth period, right?" Jonghyun replied with an 'mhm' and sat down at an empty desk. He put his earphones on and laid his head on his arms on his desk

Serin finished solving the question and turned around to get back to her seat. She saw that the late student had taken the seat next to her. As she got closer to her desk, all the girls started staring at Serin. Most of them were angry and jealous that she got to sit with the school's most popular guy. She didn't pay attention to the glares or her new seat partner. The whole period, he just slept.

---

It was finally lunchtime and all the hungry students were released for an hour and a half. Jonghyun was long gone. He had bolted from his chair and out into the hall when the bell rang. Serin just stayed in her seat again, working on homework. Haneul left the room with her friends so there was no one to bother Serin now.

"Omona omona omo omo! There they are!" A couple of the girls who stayed in the class were whispering and slapping each other's arms. They were looking out the window into the hall where it was starting to get quite loud.

Serin looked up to see what all the fuss was about. Three guys were passing by the window, all tall with half the female student population following them. In the middle stood a well-built guy with short black hair. To his left, a skinny guy with medium-length brown hair was talking to his other 2 friends. Farthest from the window, to the right, a familiar red-head was covering a yawn. He and the guy in the middle started laughing.

"How are they so good looking?! Omo, they have, like, super genes or something! L.Joe's group too!" Sori, the most talkative one in class, exclaimed. Her friends started giggling and gossiping about ridiculous rumors they heard.

Serin tilted her head and just stared at the 3 figures who were getting farther away from the window.

"How handsome are they that everyone is talking about them?" Serin thought to herself and resumed working on her assignment.

---

Daniel, Minsoo and Jonghyun were trying to have a conversation amidst all the shouting and screams. A whole mob had formed and were following the trio wherever they went. Daniel was mainly the only one talking.

"You know, that, what is it, mysterious charm," Daniel mixed English into his sentence. He had grown up in New York so some Korean was still unknown to him. Yet, Minsoo and Jonghyun understood every word and followed along.

"Hey, there are way more prettier girls than her though," Minsoo lightly elbowed Daniel and laughed.

"Younger, too," Jonghyun added. Daniel rolled his eyes and stuck up his middle finger, "You two will never agree with anything I say." The other 2 laughed and hi-fived each other.

"Besides, I don't think any girl would want to date another Hwang Kwanghee," Minsoo let out a loud 'ha-ha' at Jonghyun's constant remarks then bumped fists with him.

Daniel's eyes grew wide as he slowly processed the meaning of his friend's words, "I'm not feminine or dirty! And I like skinship!" Jonghyun and Minsoo, only understanding the word 'skinship', started laughing even more.

Finally, Daniel had enough of all the loud shouts and phones shoved in his face that he told all the girls to stop bothering him or else he'd expel all of them. Relieved from all the manic, the trio rested in the student lounge.

"So, yesterday, I kind of saved this one girl," Minsoo spoke in a quiet voice. Daniel leaned forward in interest and Jonghyun raised an eyebrow. Minsoo explained the whole incident from the night before. Daniel snorted and rolled his eyes when he heard that Jung Giwoo had titled himself higher than Jonghyun again.

"Do you know her? Do you like her? What do you know about her?" Daniel pressed.

"No, I'm just telling you my story," Minsoo shook his head with a laugh, "Anyway, the girl had a pale pink bag, long dark hair and our school's uniform on. Any of you know anyone like that?" Daniel shrugged and shook his head.

"I just wanted to see if she was okay. Oh well," Minsoo chuckled and started listening to Daniel's story. Jonghyun was still thinking about Minsoo's story.

The student he sat next to in class was a girl judging by her supplies and he remembers seeing a pale pink bag in the chair. He shook his head and pushed all suspicions away.

"It's probably not her," Jonghyun closed his thoughts and joined Daniel's amusing story of how he almost ran over his older sister.

---

Sorry readers! Finals are in a couple days and it was really hard to find time this week to write! I'll definitely be writing more after this busy week! :)


Sincerely yours truly,
WonderBangBaby
 
January 12th, 2013
9:29 PM
 
Listening To: Illa Illa by Juniel
Smelling: Shampoo
Watching: Nothing
Waiting For: Yay, finals -_-
Loving: Homework :/
Next POSSIBLE Update: Friday January 18th, 2013