Hello

If You Love Me

The lunch period was over and students hurried back to their homerooms to gather their belongings to take to their elective classes. Jonghyun sauntered into his homeroom and grabbed his bag off his chair. He glanced at the seat next to his and noticed his partner had already left. He slung his bag over his shoulder and headed towards the gym.

Serin took her time walking towards the art studios since she was one of the first people out of her homeroom. She gripped onto her backpack straps and mindlessly stared at the floor while climbing up the stairs. Suddenly, someone bumped shoulders with her as they were walking the opposite way. She looked up and without even turning her head, knew that it was Haneul. Her group of friends were giggling at something Haneul said as they made their way down. Serin exhaled heavily and continued upwards.

---

Serin sat in front of her canvas with a blank face. Her teacher had assigned the class to paint a drawing or an interpretation of whatever was on their minds a lot lately. Nothing. Serin couldn't think of anything. She didn't think about anything.

Curiously, she looked to her left to see that the girl next to her had started painting beautiful vibrant flowers. Serin turned to her right and blinked at the empty space. She turned her head a bit further and noticed a canvas that was slightly on the outside of the circle of canvases. A stunningly pretty girl was painting quietly with the same blank expression that Serin wore. Serin wondered what was making the girl frown every so often. She imagined what the girl would look like if she smiled.


tumblr_lzn6kqzsLp1qey15po1_500.png

"Can I help you?" The girl's voice brought Serin out of her thoughts. She looked at the girl who was giving her a slightly annoyed look.

"Oh, sorry," Serin sent a small smile, "I didn't know what to paint so I was looking around."

The girl continued painting, "Just draw something you think a lot about," She sighed. Serin kept wondering why this girl seemed so glum.

"If you don't mind, can I see your painting?" The girl didn't look at Serin and just continued making on her canvas, "Sorry, I mind."

Serin nodded, "I understand. Sorry for bothering you," She turned around and stared at her canvas for a couple minutes before painting an abstract picture.

The girl finished her painting and set her brush down. She just looked at her work in disgust. Black, everything was a shade of black. Eerie shadows hid behind the haunting dark lines.

---

Serin made her way to the gymnasium. She always hated gym periods because she was very weak ever since she was little.

After dressing, she followed her classmates out to the soccer field. She cracked a small smile when the warm spring breeze swept past the field. Already tired from walking to the gym and standing, she sat down on the bleachers. She looked around to see if there were any friendly faces when she spotted the girl from her art class.

"Alright! Find a partner and stretch!" Serin's gym teacher blew his whistle. Serin awkwardly looked around for a partner. She slightly frowned when she saw that everyone had started stretching. She tilted her head when she saw the girl from art still sitting with her head resting in her hands.

"Hey again. Do you want to stretch together?" Serin slowly made her way over to the girl. She looked up and sighed, "Sure."

They stayed in the shaded area of the field and started to stretch. They sat down in the cool grass and pulled each others' arms back and forth.

"I'm Han Serin," The girl lifted her head slightly and her eyes shifted upwards to meet Serin's, "Seo Chaerim."

The five-minute stretches were over and the gym teacher declared that the class would record their mile run times. Girls groaned while the boys stretched a bit more. Serin bit her lip nervously. Running was her worst activity.

The teacher's whistle blew and everyone zoomed forward. Serin decided to pace herself and started with a light jog. The path went through a small forest and garden preserve by the school. Serin was slightly relieved that there would be little spots to rest at. She took big, even breaths and moved forward.

Serin spotted Chaerim up ahead and fastened her pace to meet up with her, "Hey," Chaerim took a quick glance at her and continued focusing on her quick breaths, "Why do you keep talking to me?"

Serin grew confused and opened to ask what Chaerim meant but she was cut off, "You shouldn't even be seen near me. Are you new or something?"

Serin suddenly stopped and clutched her head. She let out a small whimper. A sharp pain spread throughout her entire head. Chaerim kept running, thinking Serin was right behind her. Students from other classes just passed by, some bumping into her. The students from the advanced gym classes were starting to run by. A muscular guy tried getting past Serin but ended up just bumping into her. She fell to the ground, unable to stand straight from the pain and dizziness. The male shouted sorry and kept running.

Suddenly, someone squatted in front of Serin, "Aigoo," The person clicked their tongue, "Still weak, huh?" Haneul smirked and pushed Serin's shoulder before getting up to run again.

Serin didn't pay attention to Haneul, much less, hear what she said. There was now a ringing in her head, the pain still present and getting worse. She was breaking out into a cold sweat and shaking. The path in front of her was a blurry twist.

"Hey, are you okay?" A person gently put their hands on her shoulders. Serin fell limp and the person caught her before she landed in the dirt.

The person grew alarmed and tried shaking her, "Hey, wake up. Are you okay? Hey! Aish," The person lifted her onto their back and ran towards the main field.

"Mr. Kim, this girl fainted on the path! I'm going to take her to the nurse," The person yelled across the field to their teacher.

The teacher looked at his student and his eyes widened, "Hurry Jonghyun! Get some ice for her right away!" Jonghyun nodded and headed to the main building.

---

"Aigoo, what happened?" The nurse exclaimed as she set up a cot as soon as Jonghyun rushed in with Serin. He set her down carefully and caught his breath.

"She just fainted on the path in the forest while we were running the mile," Jonghyun explained as the nurse took Serin's heartbeat and temperature. She frowned.

"She's burning up. She needs ice," Jonghyun helped the nurse get the ice packs. One on her head, one on her neck, two for her arms and two for her legs.

The nurse did some basic outer checkups and left the room to fill out the appropriate forms. Jonghyun took a seat next to the cot and rotated the ice packs to the other, cooler sides.

Twenty minutes later, Serin's eyes fluttered open. Her vision was still very blurry and shaky. Her hand went to her forehead to relieve the small aches and came in contact with the ice pack. She slowly got up and tried fixing her vision.

"Oh hey, you're awake," Serin looked in the direction of the familiar voice and squinted. Jonghyun came in with Serin's school uniform and backpack.

"I have to get to my next class so I'll just leave your stuff right here. Hope you get better," Serin looked at the chair next to her cot and made out the blurry lumps of her belongings. Jonghyun left as quick as he came in. His tone was very nonchalant but Serin sensed a slight smile in his voice.

She shook her head slightly, afraid of another headache, and bit by bit, her vision cleared.


---

Omg! SO SO SO SORRY READERS!!! School cannot get ANY worse! My schoollife has been so hectic! I wrote bits of this chapter every time I could but I finally finished today! Hopefully you still support me and this story! Thank you! <3


Sincerely yours truly,
WonderBangBaby
 
February 25th, 2013
9:52 PM
 
Listening To: Hello by Teen Top!!! (Coincidentally the title!)
Smelling: Oreos
Watching: Teen Top's music video!!!
Waiting For: Teen Top's comeback stage!!!
Loving: Teen Top <3!!!
Next POSSIBLE Update: Today February 25th, 2013