Gloomy Morning

If You Love Me

"Umma," A little 4 year-old girl called out in a shaky voice, "Umma? What's wrong? Umma?" Her voice rose just a bit. The tears that built up in her eyes finally fell. They cascaded down her face slowly, leaving behind streaks of wetness.

"Umma! Wake up. Umma? Play with me, please. Umma?" She started shaking her mom now. She was starting to realize that her mom wouldn't be able to answer her desperate pleas anymore.

"Umma! Umma! Umma! Wake up! Umma! Umma!" Her cries turned into screams. Her small hands were yanking her mom's shirt back and forth.

The door to the apartment slammed open a couple hours later. The little girl gasped and jumped. The sun was long gone and no lights were on. The person that wobbled in was barely noticeable. The little girl cowered next to her mom in fear. Suddenly, light flooded the entire room.

"Appa!" The little girl was relieved and jumped right up, "Look! What's wrong with umma?" She ran up to her dad and pointed to the lifeless body on the couch.

Her dad, who was severely drunk, just took one lazy look at his wife and snorted. He turned his head and, through his blurry vision, saw what looked like pills spilled out on the kitchen table.

"Serves her right," He snorted again.

"Appa, do something. Umma isn't waking up. What's wrong?" The little girl tugged at her dad's shirt. His gaze slowly shifted downwards to his daughter. He mumbled something incoherent and swung his hand wildly.

"You annoying brat!" The little girl fell to the floor with a thud as she cried loudly, holding her cheek. She looked at her mom and then her dad. They were all just blobs of colors.

"You should just go with your mom!"

---

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Serin jolted up from her bed with a gasp. She was breathing hard and drenched in sweat. Her alarm clock rang loudly on her nightstand. She rested her thin arms on her propped up knees and held her head with shaky hands.

The same childhood memory haunted her once again.

"Oh my god." She whispered to herself as her head popped up. She looked to her left. She released a sigh of relief as she realized her fiancé wasn't in bed.

"Probably with another girl," As she calmed down, she finally heard her alarm clock. She turned it off and laid back down in bed. Without her fiancé, she was able to rest for a couple more minutes. It wasn't long before she thought back to how this all happened.

---

"Open up! We know you're in there!" Angry fists pounded on Serin's apartment door. Her dad, the only person present at the time, was, again, drunk. He stumbled towards the door without a second thought. Just then, the crowd from outside kicked the door down. Serin's dad looked up in surprise a few seconds late.

"Still spending all that borrowed money on booze and slots, huh?" A muscular man grabbed Serin's dad's collar, "Boss is pretty mad." Another man grabbed onto his arm.


"I didn't do anything! Let me go!" Serin's dad yelled and kicked his legs in every direction. The burly men picked him up with ease and carried him out of the apartment.

SLAP! A hand came in contact with Serin's dad's cheek.

"Where's my money, hm? You promised to repay by last Saturday, didn't you?" The big boss got a hold of Serin's dad's jaw and smirked. He pushed his face away and stood up straight with arms behind his back.

"I, I don't have it. I'm sorry! If you just give me some more time-," He was cut off by a quick turn of the boss's head.

"More time, more time, more time! That's all you people ask for! Ha!" The boss sneered. He bent down near Serin's dad again, "You might not cost much but I think you'll do."

Serin's dad became nervous and started shaking his head, "No! Please don't kill me! I have a 16 year-old daughter. I'll give you her instead!"

The boss shook his head also and muttered to himself, "Always trying to save themselves. Fine! Bring her and I'll see if she'll be a good solution for my son. That rascal," He scowled.

An hour later, yells and shouts could be heard from a distance, "Let go of me! I didn't borrow any money! Take my dad!"

Serin was dropped next to her dad. All she could do was stare at her dad in disappointment.

"Wow, quite a beauty," The boss nodded as he got a good look at Serin, "She'll do. You can go."

"Excuse me?" Serin's eyes widened as she saw her dad jump up and run away without a second glance.

---

"Meet Jay, your new fiancé," The boss announced as one of his men opened a door. He had taken her to a mansion not too far from the warehouse she had just been in.

Inside the room, was a tall, young male who was watching TV on his bed.


tumblr_ma0q7m5uQJ1r1yixgo1_500.png

He looked at his dad and Serin through his long bangs, " off."

---

Serin sighed and opened her eyes. She looked around the room. She still couldn't believe that she was 'engaged' to Jay and that they were living together; it's been a year yet nothing has changed. She looked at the bright sun shining through her window. She forced a tiny smile and got out of bed.

"Ow," Serin winced and touched her forehead. A painful headache made her fall to the floor. There was a ringing in her ears that made her cringe. The pain soon subsided and Serin was able to relax again.

After making sure the headache wasn't coming back, she headed to her bathroom for a much-needed, refreshing shower.

---

January 4th, 2013
6:22 PM
 
Listening To: Voicemail by B.A.P
Smelling: Yogurt
Watching: Nothing
Waiting For: Definitely not school T-T
Loving: Break!
Next POSSIBLE Update: Today January 4th, 2013