07 : A PIGGYBACK RIDE

Fireworks of Memories

 

Jieun jumps to his back excitedly. A piggyback ride, just like their first date. Their first date on New Year Eve, under the cold winter. Wooyoung grinned, feeling her warmth on his back, he jumps couple of time, causing Jieun to scream and playfully hits him.

“Jieun-ah, how much time left?” Wooyoung asked.

“5 minutes, Oppa.”

“Are you ready for the run?”

“Oppa!”

Jieun hasn’t even said yes yet, when Wooyoung suddenly speed up, rushing. They leave the crowd behind. Jieun shut her eyes closed; she could feel the cold breezes blowing her hair. Their cheek keeps on brushing against each other.

“Jieunnie~, you’re so warm.” Wooyoung said teasingly.

“You too, Oppa.” She flushes red.

“Have you gained some more weight, Jieun?” he asked. He finally asked the question, the question she hate the most.

“I don’t know, Oppa. Am I that heavy?” Jieun hit him playfully while pouting.

“No, you’re very light, Jieun. I think you should gain some more weight, you lose too much.”

It’s an answer she never expected. She blush deeply, her face turn hot, and her cheek turn pinkish. She never thought Wooyoung would notice that. She has been losing weight for the last 3 month due to her tight schedule.

“Thank you, Wooyoung. For noticing.” She planted a kiss on his cheek. They both turn red.

She hugs him tightly. She misses him so much is something she can’t deny. She could feel his warmth, wrapping her body tightly.  This is exactly what happens, on New Year Eve, 4 years ago. Their first date, when Wooyoung ran all the way back to his apartment while piggybacking her. Another memory under the fireworks.

Actually, Wooyoung doesn’t need to plan a perfect date, just how he did before she left, to impresses her. Knowing he loves her is more than enough. Jieun wouldn’t mind sitting and doing nothing in a park, if it’s with him. She won’t mind having nothing, as long as she’s with him. She never thought falling in love will drive her this much crazy.

Jieun rested her chin against his shoulder. She misses their moments, when she suddenly falls asleep on his shoulder. He too, sometimes falls asleep on her lap. She would secretly kiss his forehead every time it happens and she knew he too always did the same. Memories, how much she misses them.

Jieun miss Wooyoung a lot, it’s true. But not only Wooyoung, she misses home too. Seeing him makes her wants to come back. She wants to come back to Korea, something impossible to do, knowing the situation she is in. She hasn’t finished college yet.

“Oppa, where are we going?” Jieun realizes it’s been more than 2 minutes and Wooyoung has been running all along.

“A surprise.” Wooyoung teases.

“We’re going to be late, Oppa. It’s three minutes before New Year.”

“That’s why, Jieun. Be ready for the speed up!” He rushes again, speeding up his step. Jieun shouted at shut her eyes closed.

“Oppa, we’re not going to the rooftop, are we?” Jieun asked.

“Jieun-ah, just lay back and enjoy the piggyback ride.”

Jieun could hear the sounds of the fireworks, along the way.  


“Oppa, a hotel?” Jieun asked, as soon as they arrived.

“Yes, I’m staying here Jieun.” Wooyoung added.

“What are we doing here, Oppa?”

“Not here, Jieun. There.” Wooyoung pointed at the emergency door.

“Oppa, there is no enough time!”

“Jieun-ah, hold on tightly okay. Don’t ever let me go.”

Wooyoung kisses her cheek, making her blush madly. He ran again, along the stairs, towards-of course, the rooftop. Jieun shut her eyes closed again, while she nags Wooyoung. Saying it’s too dangerous, put me down; I will walk on my own. But Wooyoung didn’t bother, he keeps on rushing upward.

“Jieun-ah, do you want to fall?”

“Fall? No, Oppa! No! I’m scared this is dangerous.” Jieun said.

“That’s why, Jieunnie. Stop moving around and hitting me.”

“Okay, Oppa. But don’t be too fast okay?”


They are right on time. Wooyoung breathe heavily as they arrived at the rooftop. Jieun is keeping her eyes shut tightly. Her arm was chocking him, wrapped around his neck. They’re one minutes away, before the clock strikes 12.

“Jieun-ah, we have arrived.” Wooyoung said.

“Oppa, it’s the rooftop again?” Jieun pouted.

“What? You don’t like it?”

Jieun shook her head, her pink lip form a wide smile. Oh, how Wooyoung miss that sincere sweet smile of hers. Something, he hadn’t seen for the last 2 year. Something he misses so much that it literally kills him.

“No, Oppa. I like it so much.”

Wooyoung took a step closer to her. He stares into her eyes and she replied back while holding back her shyness. She blushed, her cheek turn pink, making her look even prettier. He suddenly hugs her, squeezing her tight inside his embrace. He was scared that his hugs were too tight, he was scared she might break. He was scared if she would be leaving again.

“Jieun-ah, I miss you. I miss you so much.”

“I miss you too, Oppa. I miss you so much.” She snuggles, crying to his wide chest.

A piggyback ride, just like the old days. Another memory under the fireworks.

 

A/N

Sorry for the short updates! The story will end very soon. I enjoy writing this one very much. I am happy reading each and every comment. So thank you! Please continue to leave me some comments.