04 : SHE'S JUST LIKE HER

Fireworks of Memories

 

The first month was the toughest of them all. Jang Woo Young, could still remember that day clearly. Two years ago, when his lover left him for America. It has been two year, ever since that day. Her figure is still there, sticking tightly to his heart. He’s unable to let go, unable to move on. Day by day, instead of disappearing, it grows stronger.

Jang Woo Young could remember his days after Jieun left. No appetite. No will. No spirit. Because his life, his most precious part, half of his soul- Jieun- has left. He spent his days, locking up himself inside his room. Being childish, letting everyone worried over him. He spent his days going through their photo album, remembering their moments, and singing her favorite song. The song she created for him.

Their first month being apart, and they were suffering a lot. It’s hard to keep in contact with each other, without being able to see each other face. Sometime, Jieun would text him in the middle of the night, and sometimes Wooyoung would reply her text early in the morning. However, it only stays for one month.

The next second and third month, they rarely call or text each other. Jieun was too busy with her school. Wooyoung was even busier, with works and college and the same time. Wooyoung was at his last year of college, he has just much more work than Jieun. They don’t have time for each other. Finally, they lost contact.

Jieun change her number without informing him. He does too, change his number without telling her. Not to forget, he moves to a new apartment, a bigger one. Jieun couldn’t contact him at all. Ever since that day, their relationship has turn into a doubtful one. Everything was uncertain.

And here he is, spending another New Year Eve without her. For the third time, he is going to be alone for New Year Eve. He should have asked someone to date him, he doesn’t even sure if Jieun still have the same feelings for him. He missed her so much.

This time, he was actually closer to her. He could feel it. He could feel that she is living inside his heart. He wanted to meet her, but would it be too late? He would be broken, if she saw her dating another man. In the other side, he’s scared. Scared of losing her.

The loud noise has already come to life. The sound of the trumpet, fireworks, firecrackers, all has been brought back to life. Those special things about New Year Eve, that makes it so special. The noise. People are gathering at the city hall, waiting for the clock to strike 12. They are all excited for the New Year.

Children was playing around, having lots of fun. Couples are there, holding hand tightly. Some even already kissed each other, before the clock strike 12. It brings his memories back to life, the New Year Eve 2 years ago, how he and Jieun go on their last date. It was a sweet and romantic one.

“Oppa! Oppa!” a girl pulled his shirt.

He looked down, confused. A little girl just pulled his shirt, a stranger. She was crying, tears keep on falling down her cheek. She was covering her ears with her two hands, trying to get rid of the noise. She keeps on shaking her head and sobs.

“Hey, little princess. What happen to you?”

“Oppa, I’m scared. It’s too loud!”

“Where are your parents?”

“It’s too crowded, Oppa. I can’t find them! It’s too loud!” She cried again.

Wooyoung kneeled down in front of the little girl. Smiling widely and kindly to her, patting her head. She resembles her a lot. His memories suddenly rushing back inside his head. Oh, how much he missed her. Those lovable lips, that lovable figure, those small hands, those gentle stares. He missed her so much.

The loud noise coming out from the firecracker surprised the people there. It was very loud that the little girl cried again. Wooyoung could only laugh at her. She was hiding at his back, pulling his shirt. She is very shy and she hates loud noises.

“It’s going to be okay. Come one, here. Let’s see the fireworks with Oppa.”

The girl shook her head. “I don’t want to, Oppa. They’re loud! I want to go home!” She insisted.

“They’re pretty! Tried to look at them. I will cover your ears.” Wooyoung said.

“Oppa, fireworks are scary. They’re loud and surprising. I always got a shock because of them.”

Jieun, she is just like you. Wooyoung knows that Jieun used to be a shy little girl that hates loud noise. He wasn’t that boy that she always talks about, but he knows she used to hate fireworks. He might not be that boy that she always talks about, but he knows he plays a lot more important role than he does. He doesn’t care who that boy really is, but deep down he’s hoping that he’s that boy.

Suddenly, a fireworks burst up, painting the sky; followed by the loud noise that once again shock the girl. The girl shut her eyes, covering her ears tightly. She tried to get rid of the loud noise, but failed to do so. The fireworks keep on bursting up to the sky, as an opening ceremony, before the clock strike exactly 12.

“Hey, do you see that? They’re pretty, right?” Wooyoung said, but the girl just cried.

“Oppa, it’s too loud. I’m scared!” the five years old girl cried.

“It’s okay. What’s your name?”

“I’m Ji-min. Oppa, I’m scared.”

“Jimin-ah, tried to cover your ears tightly and look up to the sky.”

Jimin nodded, following Wooyoung’s instruction. She covers her ears tightly, and flutter her eyes open, looking at the sky. A glimpse of light could be seen glowing inside her eyes. Her lip form a smile, she keeps on staring until the fireworks no longer appear.

“Jimin-ah, wasn’t it pretty?”  

“It’s very pretty, Oppa. But still it’s loud. It’s cold.”

“See? You like it?”

“Yeah, I like it Oppa. I can’t wait to see another one!”

“Try rubbing your hands, Jimin. It’s cold, right?”  

Jimin nodded, rubbing her hands and putting it to her cheek. She seems to be very happy. New Year Eve is as excited as ever. Even to Wooyoung, New Year Eve is still something he couldn’t miss. Although it would be a lot more fun with Jieun next to him. He can’t wait for her to finish her college and came back.

Jimin is a reflection of Jieun. Meeting that little girl has brought Wooyoung’s memories back to life. It’s like Jieun is together with him. Causing him to miss her a lot more.

“Jimin-ah, when you grow up, you’ll be a great woman.” Wooyoung said.

“Thank you. How could Oppa know?”

“My girlfriend used to be just like you. She loves fireworks now. She never miss once, we always go on a date on New Year Eve.”

“Where is she, Oppa?”

“At the other side of the world.” Wooyoung sighed.

“Oppa, see! It’s another firework!” The girl exclaimed.

She’s just like you, Lee Ji Eun.


A sudden breeze blow, a cold one. Wooyoung shivers as he tightens his jacket. There, he suddenly feel her presence. Smells her scent and heard her soothing voice. He turn to his right, just to see her figure standing not too far away from him. Her silky long chocolate-almond brown hair, her lovable pink lips, her milky skin. Her perfect figure, she is right in front of him.

Finally, he met Lee Ji Eun again. Wooyoung took a glance to the little girl next to him, her hand was still pulling his shirt.

She is just like her.


 

A/N 

Thank you for all the comments and subscriber, not to forget the supports. I'm very thankful to you all, who have been reading and enjoying this fanfic. Well, this is the fourth chapter. This story will soon come to an end. So please stay tuned and continued to read it! Comments and subscribe! Thank you. 

If you would like, please read my other WOOU stories

DREAM OF A WHITE CHRISTMAS

And for those who loves MYUNGU and angst

PAINTED FATE