02 : A NEW YEAR EVE FOR 2 (PART 1)

Fireworks of Memories

It was a busy morning, busier than usual. It was the 31st of December, the last day of the year. Lee Ji Eun was especially excited; she has woken up very early, looking forward to the day. Today, Jang Woo Young, her boyfriend has promised her to go on a date. Jieun loves date, especially when it was Wooyoung who asked her.

Her room was filled with people. Her best friends were all inside her average size room, causing it to be rather small and narrow. Jiyeon, Suzy, and even the oldest Inna were all there, helping her to dress up the best she could. Today is a very special day, not only a date with her prince charming, but also spending New Year Eve together. Not every day she has a chance like this, that is why it has to be perfect.

Her house was usually silent, and her room was usually empty. She would leave home early in the morning, searching for inspiration outside, simply to create a new song. She is a talented singer and composer, she has written countless song on her own. Wherever she goes, her guitar always follows her.

However, today is different. Earlier this morning, knocking keeps echoing through the room. Her friends keep on coming one by one, some just to leave a simple greeting and hug, other congratulating, while the rest leaving a present. Moreover, Jieun was busy dressing up herself.

“Unnie, how does she look? I put a lot of mascara, so she could look just like me. I have pretty eyes.” Jiyeon said to Inna.

“Jiyeon, she looks scary. Smoky eyes don’t fit her, change it likes usual!” Inna ordered.

“Unnie, we need to pick her clothes! Help me choose them!” Suzy exclaimed as she run to Jieun’s closet.

“Oh, so pretty~” Inna exclaimed as she starts to pick a clothes for Jieun.

It was a super busy morning. Loud voices keep on coming out from Jieun’s room, so do shouts and yells. Inna who keeps on shouting with her high-pitched voice, Jiyeon who keeps on complaining, Suzy who was too busy to do anything. Sound of rushing footsteps that keep on walking back and forth could be hear clearly. Her mother, who was cooking at the time, could only giggle, listening to them.

“Now, for the final touch.” Jiyeon put on a lipstick on Jieun’s lip.

“Suzy, you need to do a hairdo for Jieun. Left the clothes to Jiyeon and I.” Inna ordered.

Suzy ran to Jieun, grabbing things and stuff. Hairdryer, roll, comb, and many other things.

“Jieun-ah, I’m going to make you look so pretty.”

“Thank you, Suzy-ah.”

And the busy morning continues…

“Shoes! Oh, we forgot the shoes!” Suzy ran around the house.

“Okay, okay. Red, white, black…? What color?” Jiyeon asked.

“That one!” They all said in unison, leaving the blank Jieun.

“Now, for the final touch.” Inna said excitingly, “Do you like it?”

Jieun was surprised. She looks gorgeous and perfect. She never felt this much beautiful before. She may look cute and sometimes nice, but being gorgeous has always been something beyond her imagination. She touches herself, touching her dress, and staring at her shoes. She didn’t remember having this many pretty things. Seems like her three best friends has done a very good job.

“Omo~, Our Jieunnie has grown up! You look so pretty.” Inna high-pitched voice appears again.

“Jieun-ah, you look gorgeous. A lady like.” Jiyeon clapped her hand.

“Jieun unnie, I envy you a lot.” Suzy pouted.

Then it was a long silence that fills the room. They stare into each other eyes; a faint smile was forming on Jieun’s lip. Sadness appears inside her brown orbs, tears started to fill her eyes. Not only her eyes, but also their eyes. They were about to cry, together.

“Are you really going to leave, tonight?” Jiyeon asked seriously.

“Could you just leave tomorrow or next year?” Suzy asked.

“Jieun-ah. Unnie is going to miss you a lot.” Inna said.

“I will miss you too.” Jieun started to sob.

The three broke into a hug, they hug each other tightly. They are not going to see each other for a long time. Jieun is going to left soon. It’s going to take years before they could see her again. Just when she was about to cry, they all broke the hug and shouted.

“Jieun-ah! Don’t cry! You can’t! Your make up is going to be ruined! We spent 2 hours, Jieun!” Suzy said.

“Jieun-ah! Your mascara is going to smudge if you cry!”

“Fan! Fan! Don’t let you tears fall!” Inna yelled.

Jieun swallow back her tears, trying her best not to cry. They all laughed out loud. And it all went into silence again.

“We will miss you a lot, Jieunnie~.” Inna said.

“Don’t forget to call us.” Suzy smiled.

“I will miss you too. I will call as soon as I arrived.” Jieun raise her pinkie.

“Pinkie promise!” They all shouted.

“Unnie! Unnie! We have a problem here. He’s coming!” Suzy shouted.

“Ah? So early? Jieun, come one! Go get him!” Jiyeon pushed Jieun out of her room.

“We will meet again at the airport!” Inna said.

“Thank you all of you!” Jieun said before dashing out of her room.

 


 

 

 

Jang Woo Young was undeniably nervous. He spent 45 minutes early in the morning, simply just to choose the clothes he would be wearing. He barely sleeps at night, thinking too much about his date with Jieun. He has planned it for months; he wants it to be perfect. Nothing could get in his way.

He has brought Jieun favorite flower, red roses. Not to forget a warm cappuccino, her favorite drink on winter. He has much more surprises for Jieun. He was very excited to see her, her smile, her scent, her everything. He stood in front of her house, clearing his throat, before knocking on her door.

It took almost 2 minutes, the longest time he could ever felt, for her to open the door. Jieun came out, giggling, from the back of the door. She was wearing a gown, looking gorgeous with her gown, shoe, and everything. Her scent fills his lung, melting his heart right away. Her voice echoed through his ear. He can’t take his eyes off her. She was too gorgeous.

“Ehem,” Jieun cleared , waiting for a respond.

“Oh, hello, my princess. You look absolutely gorgeous today.” He suddenly kneeled, handing out the red rose.

Jieun gladly accepted it, she smells it deeply. Her smiled grew wide and Wooyoung grinned. She put her hand on top of his palm. He gently stood up, kissing her hair. They intertwined their finger, walking along the street romantically.

“Nice to see you, prince charming.” Jieun whispers.

“It must be cold. I brought you some warm cappuccino.” Wooyoung offers.

“Omo~,” Jieun stole it from Wooyoung hand. “You really are something. Thank you, Wooyoung.”

Jieun rub her hand against the cup, before taking a sip of it. Oh, how much she loved cappuccino. Wooyoung laughed, seeing the adorable side of her. Being cute and adorable without realizing it, being beautiful and gorgeous without the need to pretend, being glamour and mature all the time. She is perfect. To Wooyoung, she is a perfect lady-like woman.

“Jieun-ah. You have a moustache.” Wooyoung suddenly whisper.

“What do you mean?” Jieun tried to her upper lip.

“Come on, let me clean it.”

Wooyoung tried to kiss her but failed. She was too shy and too adorable. Wooyoung can’t stand having his face so close to hers. In the end, he pulled away and he rubs her lip with his finger. They both blushed. Jieun look up, after having quite a romantic moment with him. She blushed, turning red all of the sudden. Wooyoung can’t help but laugh. Jieun playfully hit his chest and he playfully groaned in pain.

As an apologize, Wooyoung kissed her cheek, causing her to blush even deeper. They continued their walk.

“So what do you want to do, Jieun?” Wooyoung asked.

“Can’t we go shopping, Oppa? I want to see some pretty stuff.” Jieun requested.

“Good idea! I know a good place. In exchange, I want you to buy me some clothes.” Wooyoung said.

“Okay, then. Thank you, Oppa!” Jieun say excitedly. 

 


 

 

“Omo~, look at how cute they are!” Inna clapped her hand.

“Gosh, I envy them. How could Jieun unnie get such a sweet boyfriend?” Suzy pouted again.

“Suzy-ah, you have many boys waiting for you. It’s me you need to worry about.” Jiyeon pouted.

“Omo~, look at them! They almost kiss!” Inna high-pitched voice reappears.

“Aigoo, I really want to find my prince charming.” Jiyeon said.

“You need to fix you attitude, first, little dino. Be a little lady-like, like Jieun.” Inna teases her.

“Inna unnie, your high-pitched voice is turning me deaf!” Suzy exclaimed!

“Omo~, they hold hands. Oh, Wooyoung is so sweet.” Inna keeps on talking.

“You already have a boyfriend, unnie-ah.” Jiyeon remind her. 

 


 

 

“Oppa, they’re so cute!” Jieun clapped her hand.

They entered an ornamental shop. Jieun is loves seeing ornaments, especially when they’re so pretty and cute. She keeps on and on about how pretty these are and how cute those are. Wooyoung could only laugh at the side. Jieun was observing every single thing closely, she seems having so much fun. She already bought some stuff, giving it to Inna, Jiyeon, Suzy, Luna, and all her friends. Wooyoung was left out.  

“You’re not going to buy one for me?” Wooyoung asked.

“Oppa, this type of things didn’t fit boys. I will buy something for you later.” Jieun said.

They have been dating for over 2 year. They met each other on New Year Eve and met again on a movie set. They started to hang out and get close to each other. They often go on a date secretely and it’s not weird seeing the two having dinner together. Nowadays, telling each other ‘I love you’ everyday wasn’t a weird thing to do.

“Oppa, let’s buy some clothes for you.” Jieun said as she had just finished purchasing the stuff she had bought. 

 

A/N 

Second chapter is up! So do you like it? I tried to make it sweet, but seems like it wasn't enough. Enjoy and happy reading! Don't forget to comments and subscribe. I would appreciate it if you leave some comments and subscribe. Thank You!