06 : THE REUNION

Fireworks of Memories

 

Jieun almost scream on top of her lungs, when she realizes a stranger arm was wrapped around her tiny waist.  He was squeezing her, tightly to his embrace, resting his chin on her shoulder. However, before she could scream, she notices his presence.

Those gentle touch, those gentle gaze, his warmth presence, it’s all there. Was it him? It’s impossible, he is in Korea. Don’t dream, Jieun. But she was too naïve, she wants to believe that this is him. The guy she fell in love with. The guy she misses a lot.

He was warm; his big muscle wrapped her tinny waste gently. His warmth breath caressing her skin. His chin against her shoulder, resting calmly. She really wants to believe it is him, yet it would hurt her so much to know if it isn’t him. She stay calm, letting him hugging her.

“Jang Woo Young, is it you?” she ask, barely audible. Her chest hurt so much.

“So, you does remember me, Lee Ji Eun.” It was his voice, his voice that echoed through her ear.

Jieun was about to cry. She misses him so much, more than how she could describe. The songs she created when he was away weren’t even able to explain half of it. She misses him, so much. She miss his gentle touch, his warmth, his deep voice, his handsome-adorable face, she misses everything about him. And there he is, finally next to her.

“Wooyoung… I miss you a lot.” Jieun inhales deeply, hiding her tears.

“I miss you, too. Jieun.” He replied, kissing her hair.


Wooyoung was actually hesitant to approach her. It’s been too long, for him to make sure it is her. He would be hurt, if it wasn’t her. He misses her so much that he becomes naïve, believing it is her. Actually, there are a whole bunch of girls, who looks exactly like her from behind. But that girl, that girl was different.

He could feel her fading presence, her warmth, and her sweet smiles. He misses her, so much. He approaches her, slowly, breaking the crowd. And slowly, he could feel her. Her presence, her warmth, her wonderful gazes, her small feminine figure, her adorable face. Even he could smell her soft scent that melted him right away. He suddenly hugs her, without thinking twice.

He misses her, so much. He misses touching her, pulling her to his embrace, hugging her, feeling her warmth. This time, it has to be her. He wants to meet her so badly. He wants to hear her soft voice again; he wants to hear her sings again. He wants her, he needs her so badly.

“Jang Woo Young, is it you?” And when her soothing voice echoed through his ear, his feelings became indescribable.

She remembers him, she too must have misses him. He could only hope she did miss him. He was too happy, too happy to tell him he loves her. Having her right inside his embrace was more than enough. He never wants to let her go, not anymore, never again.

He knew she was about to cry. He too was about to cry. They finally reunites, they finally be right next to each other. She let him hugs her, for the next few minutes. It was another silence, no one dare to talk. Feelings are mixing and bursting inside them. No words could ever describe their feelings.

The uncertain has turned certain. The doubtful has become doubtless. It has never been wrong, to stay naïve and choose to believe each other. One thing that are left deep inside their heart, a question. Has one of them, move on yet?

“Lee Ji Eun, I miss you.” Is all he could say to her.

“I miss you too.” Is the only thing that could escape her lip.

The cold and freezing winter, the cold breezes that keep on blowing doesn’t feel cold anymore. Because she is here, inside his embrace, he could feel her warmth and soft presence. Because he is here, right next to her, she could feel his warmth and gentle presence. It’s warm.


“Noona, who is he?” the boy asked, in unison with the little girl.

“Oppa, who is she?” was what the girl asked.

They both keep on quiet, sealing their lips away. Jieun turned her head, seeing his face makes her so happy. So does Wooyoung, her beautiful face was all that he wants to see. She is his real fireworks; she is even prettier than those fireworks in the sky. He could never get bored with her face, that gorgeous face of her. Not to forget, everything about her.

They were staring or rather gazing at each other eyes. Jieun could feel his warmth and gentleness, hiding behind his gentle gaze. Wooyoung too, could feel Jieun’s warmth and softness, her feminine tiny figure, hidden behind her beautiful brown orbs. They were drowning inside each other eyes, exchanging their untold feelings, telling each other what they do really feels.

“He’s my boyfriend.” Jieun said, in unison with Wooyoung statement.

“She’s my girlfriend.” Wooyoung said, sweetly.

Right after that, they smiled to each other. It’s the answer to all of their question, their doubt, and their insecurity. They are still in love, nobody has forgotten each other. Wooyoung almost crashed his lip to her lip, kissing her among the crowd. Yet this time, it’s Jieun who stopped him.

“Wooyoung, I’m sorry. But…” she looks at the boy.

“Oh, yeah. I forgot about that.” He looks at the little girl.

“We should get them back to their parents.” Jieun suggested.

“Yeah. You should take the girl, I will take the boy.” Wooyoung said, as they took the kid and ran among the crowd.

“Jieun, we should meet again there, under the mistletoe. You owe me a kiss, Jieun.” Wooyoung said, right before she left, drowning herself inside the crowd.

“I know, Oppa. Don’t be late.” Jieun replied, smiling to him.

Wooyoung could only grinned, before rushing among the crowd. Oppa, it feels so good to hear her say that again. It’s been too long, that even the slightest bit of her action, could melted him.

Their reunion on New Year Eve. They finally reunite.


 

 “Jieun…” Wooyoung called, as they reunite under the tree.

“Oppa…” It’s all that she could ever say.

They stare into each other eye, once again, before they broke into a hug. He loves her. She loves him. They love each other. That is all they need to know. They need nothing less and nothing more than this. This is enough, enough for everything they have wished for. They wished time would stop right now.

“I love you, Jieun-ah.”

“I love you too, Oppa.”

“I love you very much. I miss you so much, Jieun-ah. Don’t ever leave me again.”

Jieun could say nothing, she cried, snuggling to his chest. She misses him too; she would like it if she could go back with him. She would like it if she could see him every single day.

“Jieun-ah, do you want to go and see the fireworks?” Wooyoung said, breaking the hug.

Jieun looks up, staring at him in confusion. “Of course, Oppa. I love fireworks. We can see them here.”

“No, we should have a private one. I know a good place, Jieun.” Wooyoung said, playing with her hair.

“Oppa, it’s only 5 minutes away. I don’t think we will have enough time.”

“That is why, Jieun.” Wooyoung suddenly squatted down.

“Ready for a piggyback ride?” he asked.

Jieun smile, she jumps to his back.

They finally reunite.

 

A/N

Hello, there. Another chapter here! I hope you would enjoy reading this one. This story really is going to end soon. More likely, 2 more chapter to go and this will end! So stay tuned!