05 : HE'S JUST LIKE HIM

Fireworks of Memories

 

The first month was even tougher for Lee Ji Eun. Those days, when they couldn’t meet each other, when they couldn’t feel each other presence, Jieun was so sad. Every day, they would call and text each other, despite the distant and time. Every time she heard his voice, she feels like crying. The distance was filling her feelings. Unable to see that handsome face of his, unable to feel his warmth, unable to feel his presence was suffocating.

Jieun is a type of person who falls in love easily. She admits that Wooyoung wasn’t the first person she falls in love it. She has fallen for countless people, countless time. Although she falls in love easily, she doesn’t date someone easily. She got insecure easily, insecurity always surrounds her. That is why she won’t date someone until she is a hundred percent certain. She needs to be sure about her own feelings and she needs to be sure about the other person.

However, never once she fell in love this deeply. She is in love, crazily in love. It’s suffocated her not being able to be with him. She got insecure, every time he is not by her side. It hurts her knowing the distance that keeping them apart. She has fallen, too deep for him. He is the first person she ever dates, the first person she ever trusts, the person she never doubts.

She remembers those days, when she has just arrived in America. Those sleepless nights that she spent crying, until her eyes turn puffy-red with black circles under her eyes. Those untouched meal that caused her to lose a lot of weight, getting her thinner day by day. Those songs she created for him, those days when she couldn’t stop singing. She was almost lifeless at the time, knowing he is not right next to her. She missed him, every single day.

She remembers, that day when the invitation arrived. The Julliard was the one that invited her, to be one of the honored students there. She was very much excited, it’s a dream come true after all. Ever since she’s a child, she always dreams to be able to study in Julliard. Music and arts are her passion after all, nothing could keep them apart. She called Wooyoung immediately, telling him the good news. They both are very happy, until they realize it means that she has to leave.

She never wanted to leave, so does Wooyoung. They both wanted to be kept together, forever. They are young and in love, they can’t think rationally. But as days passed, they both come into a conclusion. Jieun has to leave for Julliard. It’s a one chance shot, it’s a once in a lifetime. Wooyoung won’t let her down and Jieun won’t let her dream be a waste.

When they both thought they are ready to be set apart, they realize nobody is actually ready. It’s hard for Wooyoung and it’s tougher for Jieun. They tried to hold on, but failed. After a month, they barely keep in touch. Jieun know Wooyoung would be busy with his college and work. She too has never been busier, she has so many things to do. In the end, they never contacted each other.

Jieun has been busy with college and her projects. She receives many offers from various entertainment companies. She has accepted one, the LOEN entertainment, who seems promising. Lately, she has too many things to do. She has to work on her projects with the company, and also college. Sometimes, she has to sing for a show. She is too busy; she doesn’t even have time to eat.

Wooyoung has changed his number; she tried to contact him several times but failed. She too has changed her phone number. From Suzy, she knew he had to move somewhere because of works. This two year has been tough and lonely for her. She missed him, a lot.

Their stable and certain relationship has turned uncertain and doubtful. Their serious relationship has gone nowhere, it became fragile. Jieun doesn’t even know whether the two still have the same feelings for each other. May be, Wooyoung has moved on and find someone else other than her. Maybe, their love has turn into a friendship. Everything are just uncertain, Jieun doesn’t even know what to do.

Jieun too, has never moved on. Countless guys asked her out, but she refuses. Wooyoung has changed her. She didn’t fall in love easily anymore, because she has fallen too deep for Wooyoung. Her feelings have never changed for him. However, her insecurity and their uncertain relationship have brought confusion to her. She doesn’t know anymore.


Seems like time moves so fast. It’s New Year Eve, another one that she spent alone. She rarely has a chance to saw those fireworks like this. It’s been 2 year since the last time she spent an enjoyable New Year Eve. She is usually too busy, to get out and have some fun. During holidays, her colleague would enjoy and having much fun. They would go to the beach, go clubbing, getting themselves drunk, and even flirting with boys! Jieun has never had enough time to enjoy her holiday. Her colleagues often invites her, however she had no choice but to refuse, due to her tight schedule.

Today, she drove to NYC Time Square, to enjoy some performances and fireworks. She just want to relax and chill out, to have some free time alone. Without being stalk by her new manager, being stalk by her secret admirer, she just wants to have fun tonight. She has spent a 30 minutes walking, from her apartment to the Time Square, just to see the fireworks. How she miss them.

It was cold; Jieun needs to rub her hands several times to keep herself warm. It’s crowded there and thankfully the snow isn’t falling. It was snowing earlier in the afternoon and it suddenly stopped at dawn. Jieun was thankful, that way she could see those beautiful fireworks. She misses fireworks and everytime she saw them, it makes her miss him so much more.

If he is here, maybe she won’t be feeling cold. His warmth presence, his gentle touch, will be more than enough to warm her. If there is a shooting star, it would be her only wish, for him to be right here, next to her. The ba-thump ba-thump feelings he gave her, she really missed it. That gentle gaze too, is something she wouldn’t forget.

“Noona! Noona!” It was a boy, shaking her leg.

Jieun looked down; the squeaky voice of the boy startled her. A five years old boy, who seems very excited about the New Year Eve, was calling her. It’s silly how he could choose to bother her, realizing how crowded it has become. He seems so innocent and cute, with a clueless and excited voice.

“Oh, hello. You’re so cute, what’s your name?” Jieun asked, pinching his chubby cheek.

“Ji Ho! I’m Ji Ho!” he answers, enthusiastically.

“Ji Ho-ah, where are your parents? Are you alone?” Jieun asked again, while lifting him up a little.

“I don’t know. They were somewhere among the crowd. I lost them.”

Jieun was surprised by his answer. He is a lost child after all. But he doesn’t seem to be worried or scared. He just wants to have some fun. Jieun noticed how he keeps on clapping both his hand, grinning and laughing. Everytime a fireworks burst up to the sky, he would jump around excitedly.

“Noona! Noona! See, they are so pretty.” Jiho points up to the sky.

“Yeah, they’re so pretty, Ji Ho-ah.” Jieun nodded as she looks up to the sky. They are pretty, even prettier than she could remember.

The boy excitedly jumps around, clapping his hand enthusiastically. He keeps on screaming and laughing. A glimpse of light was shining bright within his brown orbs. He keeps on puffing his cheek cutely and Jieun would giggle every time he did that. She would pinch his cheek and he would grinned, showing his sincere smile to Jieun.

“Ji Ho-ah, aren’t you scared of the loud noises? It’s so loud here!”  Jieun asked, remembering the old days. She used to be a shy little girl, who fears loud noises.

“No. Ji Ho loves fireworks! They’re loud but they’re so pretty!” the boy answer innocently.

Jieun giggled at his answer. “Yeah, they’re so pretty.”

“Noona loves fireworks too?”

“Of course. They’re pretty, right? Noona loves them, just like you!” Jieun pinch his cheek once again, and the boy grinned widely.

“Noona, see! The other one is coming!” He pointed to the sky.

He’s just like him.

Jieun could feel his presence around her, because of the boy.


Jieun was enjoying the fireworks opening ceremony, together with the boy. They seem to be having a great time. The boy became excited every time the fireworks launch upward, heading to the sky. Jieun too became unexpectedly enthusiastic about the fireworks. Well, she has changed because of Jang Woo Young, the fireworks maniac.

However, her insecurity strikes again. A stranger arm was wrapped around her waist. 

 

A/N

Hello there. Greetings! How's the update? Do you enjoy this chapter? Well, I hope you do. I have a good time writing this one, I enjoy it very much. I am new to this AFF, so I am sorry if I made lots of mistakes. Especially knowing English is not my first language. Anyway, I am very thankful to those who have been reading and subscribing. I am happy reading all of the comments you guys gave me. So, this is the 5th chapter, I hope you enjoy it. As always, please comments and subscribe! Thank You. 

If you gave me enough comments, I will update again today! So please comments and subscribe! Thank You!