03 : A NEW YEAR EVE FOR 2 (PART 2)

Fireworks of Memories

 

Wooyoung was holding Jieun's hand nervously. He keeps on biting his lip, trying to look cool as usual. After having much fun shopping, they went to the ice skating ring. Everything has gone well, according to Wooyoung plan. He has lots of fun shopping with her, maybe he should do that more often, seeing her remarkable taste in fashion.

“Jieun-ah, could you skate?” Wooyoung asked worriedly. He knows that Jieun wasn’t the type who is good at sports.

“Of course, oppa. I used to skate a lot.” Jieun replied care freely, as she let go of his hand.

“Jieun-ah, be careful.” Wooyoung warned.

Jieun didn’t care. The lady-like teenage girl has skate before, not only once or twice but countless time. She used to skate 5 hours today, being tutored by Korea’s skater, Kim Yuna. She might not be majoring in ice skating, but she could do some complex movement.

Jieun started to skate around the ring, wearing a gown wasn’t a good decision after all. She has to keep her gown nice and clean, being a lot more careful than usual. It has been a long time ever since she skates, it feels so nostalgic. She feels like flying, it inspired her to do so many things. She feels so free, without any obstacle.

“Jieun-ah, be careful!” Wooyoung shout.

Right after he finishes his sentence, Jieun slips, almost falling down. Thank God he made it on time; she didn’t even touch the ground. His hand sustains her from falling down. Wooyoung could feel his fast heartbeat that almost stops, seeing how Jieun almost fall.

“Jieun-ah, I told you to be careful.”

Jieun didn’t say anything; she stares deeply into those eyes. Those lovable puppy eyes, cute and warm, yet gentle and manly. He is pouting right now; Jieun could see that from the curve his eyes form. Jieun giggled, ignoring his nagging.

“Wooyoung-ssi, could you skate?” Jieun asked.

“Call me oppa.”

“Oppa, could you skate?” Jieun asked while giggling, she had an idea.

“Of course.”

“Let’s have a show then,” Jieun requested.

“Jieun-ah, are you crazy? I might be able to do a simple one, but could you?”

“I have done a show once, oppa. Don’t worry.”

Suddenly, Wooyoung grab Jieun back, straightened her body. He smiles at her, staring to those beautiful brown orbs. Jieun stares back at him, smiling at those adorable puppy eyes. He loves her. She loves him. They’re in love.

The music started, as soon as they started to dance. It seems like even the world supports their relationship. They started to dance, on the ice. Jieun move swiftly just like a ballerina, flying beautifully just like a butterfly. All eyes were watching them, being captivated by the amusing performance they gave.

Wooyoung move, swiftly and strongly like a bee. He moves around, supporting Jieun with his body. He was gentle and manly, his move shows his true feelings. He could only watch Jieun, gazing at her beautiful, splendid figure. She was moving beautifully, just like those magical fairy in Tinkerbell. It’s like she was spreading those pixie dust.

People are watching them, some keep on clapping. Suddenly, a spot light shine on top of them. It was a simple show, a free one, yet an amazing one. It was not because of their talent, it was because of their feeling. You could feel their true feelings from the way they stare at each other, the way they hold each other, the way they dance.

However, Jieun almost slip again, before the song ended. His fast reaction cause Jieun not to fall, he places his hand on her back, supporting her body. He stares into her eyes, once again, and she replied his gaze. They were smiling while gasping. They pose a beautiful ending. People keep on clapping. Wooyoung approaches Jieun, closing the distant between their face.

“Kiss! Kiss!” People shouted.

Just when it was only an inch away, Wooyoung’s phone rings. Causing them to stop and blush madly. Wooyoung threw his phone away, annoyed.

“A good show that we had done, Jieun.”

“Oppa, you skate amazingly!” Jieun clapped.

“Let’s go for a walk, shall we?” Wooyoung offers and Jieun nodded.

 


 

 

Jieun looks so happy; her eyes keep on wandering around. Her lip forms a wide smile, showing her white perfect teeth. Wooyoung brought her to a park, a very beautiful one, especially on winter. It should have been crowded, but that day, Wooyoung has reserved the park. Simply to be able to date Jieun, having their privacy romantic moments.

Their fingers are intertwined. Wooyoung walks behind Jieun, as she keeps pulling her around. Jieun keeps on touching the flowers and ornaments, just like a little kid. Some flowers still blooms there, flowers that only blooms during winter. Jieun found them amusing, she spent hours staring at them.

“Oppa, aren’t they just so pretty?”

“Do you like it?”

“I don’t like it, Oppa. I love it!” Jieun smiled.

Wooyoung loves it, to see Jieun smile. Her smile was just like medicine to him. When he was in pain, when he was sad, he only needs to see her smile to be able to recover. When he was sick, he only needs Jieun’s presence to get well. Jieun mean the world to him and it’s very much true.

“Jieun-ah, do you want to watch an opera? I know you like them.” Wooyoung offers, pulling out two tickets from her pocket.

“Oppa, really? Omo~, you’re so kind.” Jieun kiss his cheek as her gratitude. Woohyun blush deeply, turning as red as tomato, so does Jieun.

 


 

 

“Oppa, you don’t have to do this to me.” Jieun said, whispering.

“It’s okay. I could pay for this.” Wooyoung cool attitude appear.

After the opera, the sun has set down. It was dark outside and the snow was falling. Wooyoung brought her to a restaurant, an expensive once. Jieun has eaten here, once in a while, they cooked the best food. Jieun loves everything they served and that’s why Wooyoung brought her here.

The restaurant was very classy, only those who are rich could eat here. It gave off a classical European feeling. Jieun loves Europe, she dreams to go there one day, especially France and London. It was so original that you would forget you’re in Korea. It was so European-like that you would think you have traveled to Europe.

Not only that, this restaurant has a romantic feeling. Couple who dates here usually falls in love even more, some even get married. Only those who are serious about their relationship could risk their money and date here. Jieun and Wooyoung too, they are serious about their relationship. They may look childish, but their relationship and loves grows from time to time.

Wooyoung love for Jieun may not be as strong as a diamond, as high as the sky, but he could promise her that everyday his loves for her grows. He couldn’t get her off his mind, neither his heart. He wouldn’t be able to handle anything without her by his side. He too knew that Jieun feelings for him have been growing day by day, into a stronger one.

When she was a child, she used to think dying for love is stupid. But right now, after understanding what love really is, she could understand. She could understand the feeling, the pain, the moments, she could feel it all. She has gone through all of them, together with Wooyoung.

“Jieun-ah, I have a present for you.” Wooyoung said, while taking out a red-colored box.

Jieun smiled at him, opening it slowly. A necklace, with a butterfly pendant inside. She knew how much it must have cost him. Jieun stares at him, he avoid her gaze.

“Wooyoung-ah, you don’t have to do this for me.” Jieun said.

“No, Jieun. I want you to keep it.” Wooyoung stood up, helping her to put on the necklace.

“It looks good on you.” Wooyoung said.

“Thank you, Wooyoung. I mean it.” Jieun said.

“Shall we dance? The food isn’t going to arrive soon.” Wooyoung bowed.

As the night fall deeper, the two dance, just like how Cinderella met his prince charming. His gentle touch, her gentle step. His gentle stares, her lovely eyes. His manly figure, her lady-like figure. His perfect self, her perfect self. They look perfect.

 


 

 

“Jieun-ah, be careful, the stairs are quite high.” Wooyoung said as he held her hand tightly.

“Just wait a moment, Oppa. I’m trying.”

The night has fall deeper, the street were too crowded. Wooyoung brought Jieun to his flat, climbing the emergency stairs to the rooftop. It’s New Year Eve; of course they wouldn’t miss the fireworks. Jieun loves fireworks, so does Wooyoung. They both think of fireworks as something pretty.

They sat next to each other, holding hands. The beautiful fireworks have started to appear. Well, the clock has strike 11 after all.

“Oppa, it’s so pretty,” Jieun eyes were brighter.

“I know Jieun-ah. Aren’t they lovely?” Wooyoung said.

It was silence that fills the gap between them. No more words.

“Jieun-ah, do you really have to go?” Wooyoung asked.

“I don’t really have a choice, Wooyoung. I have to go; it’s once a lifetime chance.” Jieun explain.

The next thing that appears was silence. They were holding into each other, tightly, like there’s no tomorrow. Wooyoung pull Jieun to his embrace, embracing her tightly, as if he was afraid to lose her. He was afraid not to be able to see her anymore. He was afraid to lose her.

They spent the next one hour holding on to each other. The bell rang, marking a new beginning of the year.

“Jieun-ah, see what I have brought!” Wooyoung said while dragging something.

“Omo~, fireworks! A huge one!” Jieun said, gasping.

Wooyoung started to launch it off. Jieun was captivated by the fireworks; a glimpse of light could be seen within those brown orbs of hers. They almost kiss again, however this time, Jieun’s phone rang.

“Wooyoung-ah, I am very happy today. Thank you for everything. But I have to go now, I have a plane to catch.”

He sighed. “Well, then. Go. I hope you would be happy.”

“Wooyoung-ah..”

“It’s okay Jieun. I understand it’s for the best.”

Jieun walk away, climbing down the stairs.

“Jieun-ah, I love you.”

“I love you too, Oppa.” And she disappeared from his sight.

 


 

 

“Jieun-ah, where is Wooyoung?” Jiyeon asked.

“On the rooftop. I was with him just now, until the driver picks me up.” Jieun gave them a faint smile.

“We’re going to miss you, Jieun-ah.” Inna said.

“I’m going to miss you too.” Jieun said as she drags her belongings with her, disappearing from their sight.

 


 

Today is important after all, not because she is going to go on date with Wooyoung. They had done them a lot, and they treated each of them in a special way. Today is a special day, because they’re going to have their last date. Jieun is going to leave Korea, going to America. She was accepted in Julliard, her only dream.

It’s going to be a long time before the two could meet again. They are in love, but will it survive for years without meeting each other? It’s going to take for at least a few years before Jieun could finish her college. She was unsure about coming back to Korea, which was upsetting. They may never met again.

 

A/N

How is it? Hope it's quite great. This story is really lacking of comments, I'm quite worried about people interest in this story. So please comments and subscribe! Thank You.