The Beauty of Popcorn

A Series of One Shots

Pop. Pop.

Pop.

Pop. Pop. Pop. Pop. POP. Pop.

Yesung just stood there watching the pan of popcorn.

"What are you even doing?" said Ryeowook.

"Isn't popcorn amazing? It's like the heat gives them life and they don't know what to do with it so they start jumping about... like... squirrels."

Ryeowook looked at Yesung with curiosity as he continued.

"I mean, it's also kind of like a caterpillar coming out of it's shell. One minute they're brown and rock hard. The next minute Poof!" Yesung waved his hands around a bit "They're white and fluffy. It's beautiful."

Ryeowook spoke up quietly "Aren't you going to watch the film? Everyone else is."

Yesung thought and then said dreamily " Yes, after all my popcorn babies stop growing."

Ryeowook started laughing "I never thought you would call popcorn your babies."

"What?" Yesung said " You of all people know what I mean." He pulled Ryeowook's cheecks fondly "Like that time I saw you singing to your cake to bake faster."

Ryeowook blushed slightly "That was only once. And it worked-ish."

Yesung suddenly said "AHA!"

"What? Why?"

"I just remembered!"

"What?"

"That we're supposed to be watching a film." and then almost inaudibly "And that I forgot to feed Ddangkoma for two days. Oh well, turtles survive easily."

They both looked back at the popcorn and realised that in their little dialogue the popcorn was still roasting.

"It's burning!" Ryeowook said as he quickly switched off the gas.

"What's burning? WHERE? EVERYBODY OUT!" Yesung shouted

"Just the popcorn's burning, Yesung."

"OH NO." Yesung quickly looked to his 'babies' to find that although some were burnt, most of them were still white.

Yesung put them in a bowl and brought them to the living room, Ryeowook following up behind.

"Where have you been?" Sungmin asked "The film's already started."

Yesung showed the bowl of popcorn and sat down.

5 minutes later...

"If you're not hungry for popcorn, could you at least pass it round?" Leeteuk asked Yesung.

"And have you eat them?" Yesung shouted. The rest of Super Junior angrily Sssshed him. On the TV screen Joker was gunning down the other bank robber. "You barbarian, how could you even think of that." he whispered.

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes. Ryeowook sighed. Only Yesung could care more about popcorn than turtles and turtles than most people.