Learning to live like him

One Last Wish

 

A/N: Hello my dear readers, Here's an update for you lovely bestfriends.. I hope you are all doing well. February is coming and that means Chinese New Year and Valentines day^^

anyway, I should've posted this yesterday but  wasn't abe to finish the chapter since my aunt asked for a favor.

---

 



 

 

There was no turning back as Youngmin stepped out of the hospital lobby and walked side by side Jeongmin. The two walked in awkward silence until Jeongmin led him inside a fast food chain. The two ordered some food and sat down in one corner. The silence still remained until Jeongmin started to talk.

 

"Kwangmin is a fashionable person."

 

Jeongmin muttered and Youngmin was taken aback.

 

"I'm sorry, but you think I'm not stylish enough?"

 

Youngmin uttered and Jeongmin shook his head as he bite into his hamburger.

 

"Kwangmin's style is more of casual. He has a habit of observing people on what's in or not. He then picks out clothes that are stylish enough but not too dressy. But what he really wants is comfortable clothing. To him, being fashionable means being comfortable with the clothes that he is wearing."

 

Jeongmin explained and then pointed to Youngmin.

 

"That is too dressy to be Kwangmin."

 

Jeongmin  uttered, careful not to hurt Youngmin.

 

"oh! It's a bit too formal, I guess. I don't really have the freedom to choose the clothes that I will wear,  It's picked out by our stylists."

 

Youngmin muttered and took a bite of his burger.

 

"That will not do. Tomorrow let's look for more comfortable clothes. If you are going to pretend to be Kwangmin, let's make it believable."

 

Jeongmin smiled amd ate the rest of his food in silence. Youngmin smiled back, a small smile but a smile nonetheless. He sighed before he continued eating. He wondered in silence why Jeongmin was this kind, they just met and hardly know each other.

 

"Hyung."

 

Youngmin muttered and Jeongmin shot him a glance.

 

"You are going to tell me everything that I need to know about Kwangmin right?"

 

Youngmin asked and Jeongmin nodded.

 

"Before that, I would want us to get to know each other too. It'll be a bit awkward if I pretend to be Kwangmin but know nothing about the people around me."

 

Youngmin finished and Jeongmin chuckled.

 

"We could just say that you bumped your head and got an amnesia."

 

Jeongmin said and Youngmin's mouth gaped at the response.

 

"Just kidding"

 

Jeongmin muttered and gave a soft laugh.

 

"I tend to be all jolly and talkative. Kwangmin told me once that I was a mood maker and since then I played the part well. Anyway, I'll tell you a very long story when we get back home."

 

Jeongmin said and Youngmin nodded. They finished their meal and started to walk back to the dorm.

 

"Should we take a cab or something?"

 

Youngmin asked and Jeongmin shook his head.

 

"Kwanggie loves walking and it makes you fit. Whenever he gets the chance, he'll take long walks with no particular destination."

 

Jeongmin replied and Youngmin sighed as he continued to walk a few steps behind him. The walk back home wasn't all bad as Youngmin thought and he was delighted with the different sights and sounds of Seoul. They then crossed a bridge and Youngmin's eyes widened as he looked at the different colored lights played with the flowing Han river. Jeongmin smiled at him, seeing a precious little kid excited at a simple light show.

 

 

"You sure haven't seen Han River this colorful before?"

 

Jeongmin asked and Youngmin nodded.

 

"I always have a car to go to places amd I never got a chance to explore a lot because I am always guarded."

 

Youngmin confessed and Jeongmin patted him on the shoulder.

 

"At least you two have something in common. Kwanggie wanted so much to go to different places and explore new horizons but his illness had been stopping him. He really wanted to join our class trip hiking up a mountain but couldn't. I felt sorry for him."

 

Jeongmin said then continued to walk towards their dorm. They then reached the place and Jeongmin gave him a quick tour.

 

"This is Jaesi noona's dorm but her dormmates wouldn't be back till next week so we can stay here. We'll leave by Saturday morning."

 

Youngmin nodded and Jeongmin led him into a room.

 

"Kwanggie stayed here for a bit."

 

Youngmin observed the room and what caught his attention was the Pikachu pillow on the bed.

 

"He still likes Pikachu?"

 

Youngmin asked and Jeongmin nodded.

 

"He's such a er for that yellow rat."

 

Jeongmin muttered then gave a chuckle. He then left Youngmin for a while to get his laptop and sat beside Youngmin on the bed.

 

"Ok first things first, I'm Lee Jeongmin from Incheon. Born January 2, 1993."

 

Jeongmin extended a hand which Youngmin shook.

 

"Jo Youngmin, adopted by the Kim household when I was six. Born April 24, 1994 and older by 6 minutes."

 

Youngmin said and Jeongmin nodded.

 

"Let me show you our family picture."

 

Jeongmin clicked a folder on his laptop and out came a picture of a happy family.

 

"This is omma and appa. They both work for the government and they adopted Kwanggie 3 months after you got adopted. A worker there told them about how miserable he was after you got adopted and omma was so touched that she filed for his adoption. This is Jaesi noona. She is very hardworking and decided to become a nurse to be able to take care of Kwanggie more. This is me, obviously. I am older by a year but we're both on the same grade. I stopped for a year after Kwanggie was diagnosed with CHD, I wanted to look after him especially because his condition isn't the best. Then there's Kwanggie. He's a very sweet brother and a true blessing to our family. Although he's adopted, we considered him as a true family member. He was always grateful for the things we do for him."

 

Jeongmin muttered and Youngmin can see the happiness in Jeongmin's eyes.

 

"You sure are happy!"

 

Youngmin commented and Jeongmin nodded before clicking another photo. This time the photo was of three teens, he recognized Jeongmin and Kwangmin but the third was unknown to him.

 

"That's Minwoo. He is the maknae and tends to be the cutest. In our school, the three of us were considered as the 3min princes."

 

Jeongmin explained and Youngmin suddenly muttered.

 

"let me guess, because the three of you are popular and your names have 'min'"

 

Jeongmin laughed loudly and nodded

 

"cheesy, I know."

 

The two then laughed hard, wow they were getting along well.

 

.

.

.

 

Donghyun entered the hospital room and the rest went frozen as his stern face looked at everyone then finally resting his stare at the person on the bed.

 

"Youngmin? what happened?"

 

Donghyun's face did not change and just as Kwnagmin was about to speak, Hyunseong spoke.

 

"He fainted after we ran for a while."

 

Donghyun's eyes squinted as he looked at the younger.

 

"What?!"

Donghyun asked and this time Dr. Lau answered for him.

 

"He is suffering from con heart deffect."

 

Donghyun was in doubt.

 

"Con? if it's con then it would have been detected when he was younger. and we do annual checkups so it's impossible."

 

 

Kwangmin gulped, he'll get uncovered pretty soon. But Dr. Lau smiled at Donghyun and explained.

 

"It is true that CHD should be detected during childhood but there are rare cases when the onset of symptoms occur later in the persons growth, some even detected only during adulthood. Youngmin's case is the latter. His heart is weakening with every beat. The muscles are slowly deteriorationg and if this is not prevented, the heart will eventually stop beating."

 

 

That was very straight to the point, Kwangmin thought. Donghyun was now pacing inside the room until he stopped and looked at Dr. Lau.

 

"so we'll leave him to die slowly?"

 

Donghyun asked and the rest thought that this was harsh.

 

"No, some medications can help relieve the stress from the muscle and there is this emerging technology that I would want to give a try."

 

Dr. Lau said and Donghyun's eyes lit up.

 

"Emerging technology?"

 

Donghyun asked and Dr. Lau nodded.

 

"Stem cell technology. There have been several successful treatments and Youngmin might be a good candidate for this treatment."

 

Donghyun smiled.

 

"Then do it! I don't care now much the treatment will cost, save my brother doctor."

 

Kwangmin was surprised all of the sudden, it's true that Youngmin is trully treasured by the Kims.

 

"We need to make a few more tests for his eligibility, but rest assured that I'll take care of your brother."

 

Donghyun thanked him then turn to the two nurses on the corner.

 

"And you are?"

 

The intern nurses bowed at him.

 

"My son Henry and my intern nurse Jaesi. They'll be Youngmin's private nurse. He needs special attention so I figured to assign them."

 

Donghyun nodded then excused himself to talk to his parents who were on a business trip.  Dr. Lau and the two intern nurses also left to draw out plan for the treatment while Hyunseong stayed with Kwangmin.

 

"That went well I guess."

 

Hyunseong muttered and Kwangmin nodded. Kwangmin smiled and closed his eyes momentarily. Hyunseong looked at the boy's face and thought jow much he looked like Youngmin but his features are more manly; Youngmin is the cute twin, Kwangmin is the handsome twin, Hyunseoung thought and chuckled.

 

"You sure are happy."

 

Kwangmin muttered as he heard the soft noise from Hyunseong. Before the older can respond, the door opened and Donghyun entered.

 

"Hyunseong, can you stay with Youngmin tonight? I have to fix some documents for him. Mom and Dad authorized me already to do any decisions regarding his conditions, I just need to talk to some lawyers."

 

Donghyun muttered and Hyunseong nodded.

 

"Of course hyung, Youngmin is like a rwal brother to me."

 

Hyunseong replied and Donghyun thanked him before sitting by the younger's bed and holding his brother's hand.

 

"Youngmin, everything will be ok. Just hold on for a while amd I'll make sure you'll surpass this."

 

Donghyun said with such a caring tone thst made Kwangmin a bit tearful. Kwangmin nodded and Donghyun smiled before leaving. Hyunseong looked at a teary eyed Kwangmin and smiled.

 

"Youngmin was adopted by good people. Although the Kim's are business minded, when it comes to family, they are top priority. If they could, Mr. amd Mrs. Kim would postpone meetings and other schedules to attend to their sons' important events, just like Donghyun Hyung's recital."

 

Hyunseong muttered and Kwangmin smiled.

 

"Well I guess fate has been kind to the two of us, being adopted into good families."

 

Kwangmin said and Hyunseong nodded.

 

"Why don't you tell me about Youngmin hyung? If I'm going to play Youngmin hyung's part, I must play it well."

 

Kwangmin muttered and Hyunseong smirked before pulling a chair and sitting on it.

 

"Why don't we start by introducing ourselves? We don't even know anything about each other."

 

Hyunseong suggested and Kwangmin nodded.

 

"I'm Jo Kwangmin, adopted son of the Lee's. I am 6 minutes uounger and am currently suffering from CHD. I love Pikacu and am pretty popular in Highschool."

 

Hyunseong laughed at the last part.

 

"Pikachu?"

 

Hyunseong asked and Kwangmin nodded.

 

"And I thought Youngmin's love for Pooh is just plain weird."

 

Hyunseong said and Kwangmin gave him a confused look.

 

 

"He still likes Pooh bear that much?"

 

Kwangmin asked and Hyunseong nodded then smiled.

 

"I guess it brought a certain happy memory."

 

Kwangmin muttered. Hyunseong closed his eyes then nodded.

 

"Yeah, Youngmin hugged me for the first time when I gave him a pooh bear key chain. Then we became friends after."

 

Kwangmin smiled imagining the scene.

 

"I'm Shim Hyunseong, heir of the SGC, or Shim Group of Companies. We are 2nd largest in Korea, next to the Kim's. Our parents are good friends that's why we became friends too."

 

Hyunseong said and Kwangmin nodded.

 

"I see. I hope you don't mind me asking but, can you tell me about the Kim household?"

 

Kwangmin asked and Hyunseong nodded. He then stood and got an ipad from his bag and showed it to Kwangmin.

 

"This is the Kim's Family picture."

 

Hyunseong pointed to the couple.

 

"Mr. and Mrs. Kim are very strict in terms fof business but rest assured that they care for their sons as they are their best assets. As for the reason why they adopted only one, I am not sure, I just remembered seating on their sofa and greeting a new kid who was introduced as Youngmin."

 

Hyuneseong told Kwangmin who nodded.

 

 

"Donghyun hyung is perhaps the perfect son. He is like any normal rich heir who was trained in music, arts, science and business. He can play the piano skillfully and sing with such artistry. He knows ballet..."

 

Hyunseong paused and glanced at Kwangmin.

 

"Not the girly ballet ok, but that helped him to dance gracefully; You should watch him dance waltz and I'm sure your jaws will drop."

 

Kwangmin chuckled.

 

"And did I say perfect?"

 

Hyunseong asked with a grin and Kwangmin nodded.

 

"He is excellent in everything! He can actually handle majority of the business if his parents would let him."

 

Hyunseong finished and Kwangmin was clearly amazed.

 

"So whay is Youngmin hyung like? Aside from loving Pooh bear."

 

Hyunseong chuckled then sighed.

 

"Youngmin is quite a handful. Growing up, he insisted on finding you. On his 12th birthday, he convinced me to go and visit the orphanage that you lived. But, when we inquired, you were already adopted and the staff doesn't know where you lived."

 

Hyunseong paused and glanced at Kwangmin.

 

"I was diagnosed with CHD a few months after my 12th birthday."

 

Kwangmin confessed and Hyunseong gave him a sympathetic look.

 

"Must have been hard to accept."

 

Hyunseong mutered and Kwangmin just nodded.

 

"Youngmin is a good and obedient kid. When he was instructed to do things like get good grades or excell in this or that, he will do his best to achieve these goals. Though he made the people around him happy, he sure wasn't."

 

Hyunseong took a deep breath.

 

"He always tell me that he misses his twin. Each year he would buy gift for you and wishes that he could give it to you."

 

Kwangmin broke into a soft laugh.

 

"Why? you find it funny?"

 

Hyunseong asked and Kwangmin shook his head.

 

"It's just that I remember something funny."

 

Kwangmin replied then yawned.

 

"I guess we can continue history 101 to orrow. Have a good rest Kwangmin."

 

Hyunseong stood and walked towards the light.

 

"You better get used to calling me Youngmin, Hyunseong hyung."

 

Kwangmin muttered before closing his eyes. Hyunseong smiled at the twin who is  peacefully sleeping. His gaze shifted to the machine monitoring Kwangmin's heartbeat and sighed. Hyunseong knows that it will be a bumpy ride but he hopes that Kwangmin will recover and be reunited with his twin. Hyunseong then sat on the vacant bed reserved for Kwangmin's visitors and browsed through his ipad. He then closed the ipad and placed it on the night stand. He glanced once last time before closing his eyes and dozing off to sleep.



 

A/N: Howdy~ sorry for the really late update~ and I hurried this update so I don't it'll be that good...

 

to my new subscribers, hello! I hope you guys enjoyed this light chapter~ I’m thinking of progressing into more heavier scenes so watch out for it~