The Exchange

One Last Wish

A/n: I realized that I lostsome followers.. oh well Life must go on and I need to update this series.


It was 12 years since that fateful day, when they said their goodbyes and went their separate ways. It's been 12 years since he saw his tear stained face and heard him call him hyung. It's been 12 years but the memories were still vivid and sharp. He can never have a saeng, he only have Kwangmin to call him hyung; no one can ever change that.

Youngmin broke from the embrace and looked at his brother, his heart ached seeing him suffering.

"What happened Kwang?"

Youngmin asked as he held Kwangmin's free hand and the younger weakly smiled.

"CHD"

Hyunseong muttered which made the three look at him.

'I'm sorry I made you run"

Hyunseong spoke but Kwangmin shook his head. Jeongmin then rushed towards Hyunseong and grabbed him by the collar.

"You what? You could've killed him!"

Jeongmin said. Hyunseong took Jeongmin's hand off of him and spat at him.

"He looked like a stalker and when I approached him he ran. So what am I supposed to do?! If I knew he was Youngmin's twin then I'll even him to Youngmin!"

Hyunseong shouted but Kwangmin caught their attention.

"Jeongmin hyung, It's my fault."

Kwangmin muttered and the older faced him with a knowing smile.

"Kwanggie, what will I do if I lose you? My heart won't take it"

Jeongmin muttered with tearful eyes. Youngmin shook his head.

"I am confused CHD?"

Youngmin asked and Hyunseong explained for him.

"Con Heart Deffect."

"What?! If it's con then it should have been detected when we were born."

Youngmin asked and this time Jeongmin answered for him.

"Some CHD are not detected during birth. Some are even left undetected until adulthood. Kwangmin's case was one of the few cases of CHD detected during puberty."

"What?!"

Youngmin faced his twin and the younger nodded.

"I was always inferior to you hyung, even with health."

Kwangmin muttered and Youngmin shook his head.

"Don't say that. Kwangmin I'll be the hyung that you need, I'll help you get better."

Youngmin then turned to Hyunseong.

"Hyung, you own this hospital right?"

Youngmin asked and Hyunseong nodded.

"I need your help."

Youngmin muttered, eyes fierce and he looked at Hyunseong straight in the eyes.

"What kind of help?"

Hyunseong asked, gaze unwavering under Youngmin's strong stare.

"We'll exchange. Register Kwangmin as me and inform my parents of his condition. I want him to be treated by the best doctors of Seoul. Your uncle is a cardiologist right?"

Youngmin blurted out and Hyunseong nodded at the question.

"Ask him to check my brother. I want him to be cured"

Youngmin muttered.

"Are you crazy?! you are going to register him as you and then what? If you want to help Kwangmin then just tell your parents about his condition."

Jeongmin asked and Youngmin gave him a grin.

"You don't know my parents. Don't tell me to just ask for their help because for the past 12 years,  I've been trying to ask for their help to look for my twin and they refused everytime. But their sons are different, they'd do anything for me and Donghyun hyung."

Youngmin explained.

"Just because you share the same face doesn't mean you can fool everyone."

Jeongmin muttered.

"We don't just share the same face, we share the same blood type, height, hair color, and everything else. And Hyunseong hyung can cover for me."

Youngmin darted his eyes towards the silent person in the room.

"You want me to cover for you?"

Huunseong asked.

"Yes, help Kwangmin pass as me. My parents doesn't talk to me that much and you can say that he has difficulty in breathing so that he doesn't need to answer them."

"You think it's that easy?"

Jeongmin asked.

"And you have a better idea?"

Youngmin asked and Jeongmin lowered his head.

"I am his hyung too and if this is the only way to save him, I'll sacrifice everything, even my identity."

Youngmin said and Jeongmin looked at him then sighed.

"I have to inform Jaesi noona, she deserves to know."

Jeongmin said before he left the room. Youngmin gave Kwangmin's hand a gentle squeeze then followed Jeongmin outside. Jeongmin was talking to an itern nurse when Youngmin approached him. The intern gasped as she looked at the person who just came.

"Noona, this is Youngmin, Kwangmin's twin. Youngmin-ssi, this is Jaesi noona, our sister."

Jeongmin introduced the them to each other and the two shook hands.

"I want to save Kwangmin and I am proposing to switch places with him. With my parents wealth and power, they can find a cure for him in no time."

Youngmin explained and Jaesi shook her head.

"How can you do that? I mean you are going to need connections to change his records, a doctor to cover the tracks."

Jaesi explained and Youngmin grinned at her.

"I got everything covered. My friend owns this hospital."

Youngmin answered and just as Jaesi was about to open to speak another man joined them.

"Youngmin? What brings you here?"

The man asked and Youngmin gave the man a high five."

"Henry hyung, I'm tying some loose ends. By the way, Jaesi noona and her brother Jeongmin."

Youngmin introduced the two and Henry extended a hand.

"Jaesi from Class 1?"

Henry asked and Jaesi nodded.

"Intern here as well?"

Henry askdd and Jaesi nodded again.

"Cool! Anyway Hyunseong called me a while ago saying that you needed my dad's help."

Henry said and Youngmin got excited all of the sudden.

"Why would you go through all that hassle? Why don't you just ask your parents to help you with your twin?"

Henry asked and Youngmin's eyes darkened.

"Hyung, for the past 12 years I've tried to ask for their help to find Kwangmin but to no avail. What makes you think they'll do that now? From the start, they've made it clear that they only wanted one of us."


Youngmin explained and Henry nodded.

"Point taken. I'll talk to my dad about it and Hyunseong will take care of the records, and nurses?"

Henry asked and Youngmin nodded.

"I'm sorry to interupt but can I ask to be assigned as Kwangmin's nurse during my duties?"

Jaesi asked and Henry looked at him with a confused look.

"Why would you want to?"

Henry asked and Jaesi lowered her head, embarrassed at her actions.

"We happen to be the adoptive siblings of Kwangmin."

Jeongmin answered in a manner-of-fact tone.

"Oh I'm sorry. I think I can arrange that, though you will have to work with me. If that's ok with you."

Henry asked and Jaesi nodded.

"I just want to take care of my brother."

Jaesi muttered and Henry smiled at her.

"How lucky Kwangmin is to have you as his sister."

Henry muttered then left the three to talk to his father.

---

"I'm sorry for troubling you hyung."

Kwangmin muttered with a bit of difficulty and Hyunseong looked at him.

"I should be the one apologizing."

Hyunseong  muttered. Kwangmin smiled before speaking.

"You like my brother?"

Kwangmin asked and Hyunseong was surprised to hear that from him.

"You don't know me well enough to draw conclusions."

Hyunseong replied and Kwangmin smiled wider.

"The only good thing my condition brought me is that I became more sensitive to what others are feeling."

Kwangmin muttered and Hyunseong raised his eyebrow.

"Jeongmin hyung wouldn't admit it but I know that he regard me more than a brother. He knows too well that if he admits his feelings, he might tarnish the brotherhood we've shared. So he remained to be the elder brother that I love."

Kwangmin admitted and Hyunseong smirked at him.

"Why are you saying such things?"

Hyunseong asked in disbelief.

"I can feel that you have special feelings towards Youngmin hyung but you're afraid that he might reject you and end up in the friendzone."

Kwangmin muttered and Hyunseong balled his hands into fists.

"You sure talk a lot."


Kwangmin smiled and looked at the window, the sun is setting.

"So now that you know, what would you do?"

Hyunseong asked and Kwangmin looked at him, face like an innocent child.

"Nothing. It's your feelings and I don't have any rights to tell you what to do."

Kwangmin replied.

"I guess your brother doesn't have a clue that you knew about his feelings."

Hyunseong said and Kwangmin nodded.

"He already sacrificed a lot for me and I don't intend to hurt him more than necessary."

Kwangmin muttered. Then the door opened and too many people entered.

"It's all settled."

Youngmin announced and he removed his necklace. He then walked towards Kwangmin and wore it on his neck. He then took Kwangmin's necklace and wore it on himself. He then held his twin's hand and gave it a gentle squeeze.

"Kwangmin, recover quickly and let's meet again soon."

Youngmin muttered and Kwangmin nodded.

"When you get to Incheon, please give omma and appa a hug. Omma makes the best kimchi so be sure to eat a lot. You're getting thinner hyung."


Kwangmin muttered then looked at Jeongmin.

"Jeongmin hyung, please take care of Youngmin hyung just like what you did to me."

Kwangmin said and Jeongmin nodded with a smile.

"We better get going Youngmin, we don't need your family finding two of you in one room. Kwangmin, Stay safe."

Jeongmin muttered then gave his brother a tight hug. Then both Jeongmin and Youngmin left the room.

"You sure about this? There's no turning back."

Jeongmin asked and Youngmin nodded. They left the hospital before Donghyun came rushing to check his younger brother.

 

 


A/N: rushed update but I hope that this is ok with you... It may seemed like a bit cliched and predictable but I just hope you can stick with this for a while. Thanks everyone.