07.

Crossover

 

 

 

 

 

Tree of Life

 

 

The other asylum was fairly different from his, but had the same warm feeling. The sky was a bright blue while his sky was a bright black. In a distance he could see the familiar silhouette of a tree. Walking up to it, Kai could see that this tree of life was slightly different. Instead of the leaves being yellow, they displayed different shades of red. It was pretty weird for Kai to see something he was so used to look so unusual. He stared at it for a while and continued north.

 

 

Then he collapsed onto the dirt.

 

 

Kai slowly tried to push himself up. “…WAS WALKING ALWAYS THIS HARD?!?” He yelled inside his head. He lied back down again, waiting for the blood to rush to his legs. Ever since Kai was resurrected, he had been relying on his power more and walking less. It’s not that he was too reliant; it’s just that he was a lazy bum.

 

In fact, Kai had always been a lazy bum. He was too lazy to avoid the collision that leaded to his death, and well, now he's here; asylums filled with eleven other dead men.

Kai lied there on the dirt, suddenly going over his life story (Long attention spans has never been his forte). He glanced at his clothes, which were gathering dust. Kai had worn a black collar shirt, pants, tie and dress shoes the day he died. He found it funny that his clothes had something to do with his death. 
He reminisced to the fated day. It was a bright and shining spring afternoon, not the preferred weather to hold a funeral. But they held it anyway. 


Kai's father's funeral. 


Kai didn't really know what to feel about his dad's death. It was unexpected of him to die of a disease since he was a doctor. But he went to sleep one night and never woke up again. Well, at least he died peacefully in his sleep, Kai would think to himself.
 
On the day of the funeral, Kai had dressed up in his black attire and went downstairs in his home. Anywhere he went in that house, he'd find his mother or one of his sisters crying. Kai, on the other hand, had not shed a single tear.

It'd be incorrect to say that Kai had a bad relationship with his father. Rather, the two were on good, maybe excellent terms. His father readily supported Kai's dreams of being a dancer, and Kai in turn always listened to him drone on about medical research. Kai loved his father, and his father loved his son. It was simple as that.



But Kai didn't know what to feel when he died. Sad? Shocked? Angry? Stressed? Mental? Which one? Which one would convey his feelings clearly? 


Kai was running these questions though his mind during the funeral, not listening to the great things relatives had to say about his dad. Eventually it ended, and everyone painfully went home. His family was standing at a streetlight while Kai was still pondering. He snapped out of his daydream when he heard his sister call his name. They had already crossed the street, and Kai was too dazed to notice. He nonchalantly walked onto the street when he saw it.


A speeding car.


It was then he realized it. It was as simple as that. He knew exactly how he felt about his father's death, his mother and sisters crying, the funeral, everything.

 

 


He felt like dying.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


and there you have it, Kai's backstory. It tells you how he died, how he became a guardian.

Some of the other characters have backstories too but not all of them otl