14.

Crossover

 

 

 

 

???

 

 

The unknown man walked up to the flabbergasted Kai. The man had messy chestnut hair. He wore a white tank top and jeans, completely opposite to Kai himself. As he walked, the celestial bodies moved out of his path; almost unwillingly.

Kai knew. 

 

Like the asylums, the guardians shall be parallel to each other.

We kinda have the same aura, so we get along.

The guardian of Telekinesis is to stay in a sub-asylum for the duration of their lifespan.

Should a guardian meet their parallel in another asylum, they shall disappear.


"Hi, I'm..."

 

GO AWAY LUHAN!

 

"Luhan."



Kai fell to his knees, barely missing the friendly hand the man had outstretched. For some reason, Kai's heart hurt. His body started aching.

"W-What's wrong?!" The man lowered down to touch Kai's shoulder. 

Kai hastily swatted it away. "G-G-Get..." He had trouble breathing.

"What?! Get what?!"

Kai roughly pushed the man away from him. 

 

"GET AWAY FROM ME, YOU STUPID PARALLEL!"



But it was too late. Luhan shockingly watched as Kai started flickering in and out of sight, his face drenched with pain. It was all too fast. Before he knew it, Luhan had unknowingly caused the death of his other half.

 



Tree of Life

 



He fell into the tree, crashing onto its branches and limbs until he finally landed on the soft dirt around it. He groaned and looked around. "T-The tree of life...? But its leaves are yellow..." He stood up. "Kai? Kai, where are you?"

Next thing he knew, his legs were being wrapped by dirt-covered vines from the ground. "W-What?!"

"Who are you and why are you looking for Kai?" Lay looked up at the voice speaking to him. A short male with a silver jacket and boots glared.

Lay raised his hands. "I-I'm Lay..."

Kyungsoo stopped glaring and widened his eyes. "L-Lay?! ...I-If you're here then... W-Where's K-Kai?!"

Lay bit his lip. "…I-I don't know!" He watched as Kyungsoo lost color and collapsed to the ground.

 



Luhan's Space

 



Luhan stared at the space where Kai lied. Kai was gone; vanished into dust. Luhan felt empty. Sure, he didn't even know Kai, but now that he was gone... Luhan felt as if his body and soul were split in half and eaten alive.

He then punched himself straight across the face. He did this. He caused Kai to die. He killed his other half. He killed himself. Luhan lied on his back, staring into the depths of the universe. He closed his eyes and waited. 

 



Tao's sanctuary

 

 

“Disturbance…” Tao mumbled to himself while meditating.

“Sorry, am I disturbing you?”

Tao looked up to see Kris standing before him. He smiled. “No ge, it’s not you.” He stood up to meet his visitor.

Kris lightly pecked Tao on the forehead. “Somethin’ bothering you?”

“Mm… I am not sure, but the air just feels disturbed…”

“I know,” Kris snapped. “It’s like having popcorn stuck in your teeth! It keeps bothering you until it goes away, right?!”

The younger looked at him blankly. “Yes… That is exactly it?”

Kris grinned. “Of course.”

Tao turned away, still pondering. “Something still seems very off…” Next thing he knew, a pair of arms wrapped around his waist.

“C’mon babe, I’ll distract you from this 'disturbance.” Kris cooed, making Tao blush wildly.

Only the soft ticking from the grandfather clock was heard. Having distracted each other, the two of them never noticed the ‘12’ and the ‘1’ slowly fade off the face of the clock.

 

 

Chanyeol’s Landing

 

 

Suho waited impatiently for someone to come back. It was either Kyungsoo, Kai, or Lay he was waiting for. After all, his temper could only last so long around a dying Baekhyun and a crying Chanyeol. 

What bothered Suho most about the wailing Chanyeol is that he reminded Suho of himself. His old, crying self.

It was true; even the cold Suho was a young, suicidal child. He tried hard not to think of the life he lost, but whenever he saw tears it just came back, eating away at him. He felt that his being the guardian of water was something like a curse. It constantly reminded him, constantly tortured him with the horrible memories.

As a teenager, Suho was Kim Joonmyun. He adopted his current name as a way to erase his past self. It didn't work. He was who he was, and he was always a scowling child.

He scowled constantly; he scowled at his mother, his teachers, his classmates, his mother's ex-husband, his mother's new husband, his bullies and so on forth.

He was also constantly beat because of his glaring.

Bullies tormented him, he was punished for glaring at teachers, made fun of by classmates, cried over by his poor mother, and beat by his new 'father' whenever she was away.

But Kim Joonmyun would never cry. Not in front of anyone else, at least.

 

"YOU PIECE OF , YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY GOOD FOR NOTHING! I'LL BE BACK IN ONE HOUR AND YOU HAVE BETTER BE DONE MY ING WORK!" 

Door slam.

Car engine.

Tire over gravel.

Screeching.

Silence.

Joonmyun sat up, blood dripping out of his mouth. His face felt numb, as usual. He slowly limped to the washroom and examined himself. Black eye, bruised cheek, bleeding everywhere; as usual.

Joonmyun silently washed himself up and went into the kitchen to get some ice, as usual.

It was then he heard it.

Tap.

Tap tap.

Taptaptaptaptaptap...

He looked outside the window and immediately went outside.

He stood outside of his house and looked up. Soon he was greeted by the pouring rain. The droplets tapped upon his battered face, drenching him, as usual. 

Once the rain was really coming down, Joonmyun shed a hot tear. One after the other, coming out of his bruised eyes. 

This would be the only time he would cry. He'd stand the rain and no one would know that he was crying his heart out. He wailed painfully, wishing that the rain would just wash him away.

Then there was a screech.

Tire on gravel.

Door slam. 

"WHY YOU LITTLE- WHY THE ARE YOU STANDING OUT HERE YOU LITTLE !"

Joonmyun ran back in, only to be forcefully grabbed by the collar and shoved against the wall. He was punched, kicked, slapped, all the usual stuff. Though there was something different this time.

Joonmyun was slowly losing consciousness.

"THIS IS THE POLICE! COME OUT WITH YOUR HANDS UP!”

“! DID YOU CALL THE ING COPS?!”

Window opening.

Footsteps.

Door crashed down.

More footsteps.

“Damn, someone go look for him outside!”

“Sir, there’s a child here.”

“Is he alive?”

 

“…He’s dead, sir.”

 

And the next thing Joonmyun knew, he became Suho the guardian. His bitter life made him bitter, and he became cold and ignorant. But he never changed. He still scowled, day after day.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


ohohohoho! so there you have it, a cliffhanger on Kai and Suho's backstory. 

We also meet Luhan for about ten seconds. Don't worry, he'll come back. Eventually. 

I know the last bit might be a sensitive topic for some of you; I apologize in advance. 

Watch out for the random twist in the next update.