27.

Crossover

 

 

 

 

Sehun’s Desert

 

 

Luhan hummed to himself as he patted down the last wall of his sand lump. Sehun sat backwards on his chair, watching the older guardian. If anything, Luhan could sure entertain himself for the past three hours.

“There,” Luhan huffed. “I’m done.”

Sehun looked questioningly at his creation. “…What ish dat shopposhed to be?”

“It’s a sand kingdom, of course.”

Sehun stared at the lump. He tilted his head. He hung upside down. “Nope, I shtill don’tsh shee it.”

The other rolled his eyes. “You have no imagination.”

“You haff no artishtic talent.”

Luhan stared at him, pouting. “That wasn’t very nice, Sehunnie.”

Sehun cracked a smile and walked over to his overly adorable Luhan. “I’m shorry, hyung.” He leaned in towards the older boy and almost burst out laughing when he realized Luhan was staring at his lips. He then pecked Luhan’s nose, leaving the other whining.

Sehun pulled Luhan up to his feet. “Yah Sehun! Kiss me, would you?!” Luhan whined, puckering his lips.

“Humm… Maybe later,” Sehun teased. “Let’sh go to Shuho-hyung’s.” He started to walk off when Luhan yanked his wrist.

“Don’t leave me hanging! Kiss me now—” Luhan was then shut up by Sehun’s two lips crashing into his.

Sehun pulled back, smirking. “Let’sh go, Princeshessh Lulu.” Luhan reluctantly grabbed his hand and allowed himself to be leaded by his overly teasing Sehun.

 

 

Mirrored Hallway

 

 

“You’re stupid.”

“No, you’re stupid.”

“You’re the one who’s stupid! Cows do not have four stomachs!”

“Therefore you’re stupid! They do have four stomachs!”

Suho glared at Baekhyun, who was doing a terrible impersonation of him. He fumed. “They don’t have four stomachs!”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “Yes they do! They have one for each of the four food groups!”

“Okay, that must have been the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard. Ever.”

Baekhyun was about to shoot back when Luhan walked in, followed by a clingy Sehun. He stood up, looking at them. “Guys, do cows have four—”

Suho slapped his hand onto Baekhyun’s mouth before waving to the two visitors. “Luhan, you’re here again.”

Luhan grinned. “Yep, I came to see Kai.” He then felt Sehun’s arms wrap around waist from behind.

“I tought you were here to shee me.” Sehun pouted, leaning his chin on Luhan’s shoulder.

Luhan blushed trying to avoid his gaze. “Of course Sehun-ah, I’m always here to see you.”

Suho made a face. “I forgot to remind you guys, but I’m allergic to PDA.”

“Then should I bring Chanyeol here?” Baekhyun asked mischievously.

 The eldest shot a glare at him, before continuing the conversation. “Speaking of Kai, he’s still the same.”

Luhan’s grin turned into a frown. “…Still?”

Suho nodded. “He’s been moping for what, two months already? It’s pretty depressing to see him.”

They were silent for a moment. It’s been two months since the Lucifer incident, and Kai has been like that ever since. He’d quietly hang around the tree of life, not speaking unless he had to. They all knew what caused him to be that way. Kyungsoo was gone, yet Kai still waited for him. It was truly a sad sight to see.

“C’mon guys,” Luhan spoke up. “Let’s… Let’s go see Kai.”

 

 

Tree of Life

 

 

The boy lied against the trunk, fiddling with a stray leaf that had fallen from the branches. He stared up at the sky, taking in its darkness. He then stared at the leaf in his hand, twirling it between his fingers. He looked up when he heard several footsteps in front of him.

“Hey Kai,” Baekhyun greeted, Chanyeol beside him. “How’re you doing?”

Kai looked around. Those two, Luhan, Sehun and Suho were standing in front of him. He gave them a slight smile. “Is this an intervention?” He watched as Baekhyun sat down next to him.

The older scratched his head. "Erm... Maybe?" 

"Let's get to the point," Suho crossed his arms. "Stop brooding, it's depressing to watch."

Kai rolled his eyes. "I... I just don't know hyung..."

"Seriously! I mean, look at Baekhyun. Baek, what do you call yourself these days?"

Baekhyun turned to the eldest. "Uh... Chanyeol's wife?" Kai noticed Chanyeol hiding his huge grin, while Suho pretended to puke. 

"…Not THAT. I meant the other one."

"Oh. I call myself the guardian of darkness."

"Right," Suho looked back at Kai. "Baek's accepted his problem. Why don't you accept yours?"

"It's not the same thing! Losing yourself and losing someone else..." Kai crumpled the leaf in a fist. "...They're completely different."

At Kai's comment, Luhan felt Sehun's arms tighten around his waist. He sighed. "Kai... They may not be the same thing, but you have to accept the fact that-"

"Don't ing say it, Luhan!" Kai covered his ears.

"...That Kyungsoo-ssi is gone!" Luhan made sure that he said it loud enough for the boy to hear.

They all suddenly became quiet. They all silently watched as tears started trailing out of the boy's eyes. They felt if arrows were stabbed through their hearts. 

Baekhyun, almost crying himself, wrapped his arms around the crying boy in front of him. It was then he noticed the faint glow in Kai's hand.

"K-Kai!" He uttered, making him open his fist. The crumpled leaf sitting there had a yellow glow. "What...?"

"Look!" Luhan pointed at the tree of life. They all looked in astonishment. The leaves, one by one, started to glow. By the time the last leaf started glowing, the guardians' eyes were twinkling from the sparkling light. They all watched as the leaves left their branches and started swirling about in the air. The leaf in Kai's hand joined the rest. They floated around for a while, soon sticking together to form a body. The figure floated down to where the guardians were. 

It was a man. It was a man with feathery white hair that flowed down his back. His beard covered his chin; his wrinkles did the same with his face. He was also dressed in white drapes. He stared seriously at the shocked guardians and they stared back.

Then Baekhyun quickly stood up and threw his glove away. The black wisps came out of his hands and went straight towards the suspicious person. But they vanished before they could even touch him.

The elderly man spoke. "Baekhyun, that is no way to greet your visitors."

Baekhyun stared for a moment before realizing who the stranger was. He immediately kneeled on the dirt. “I-I'm sorry! I didn't realize..." The others stared at him questioningly. He glared at them, loudly whispering, "GUYS! IT'S GOD!"

It took them two seconds to process and kneel in front of the man. However, Kai remained where he was, looking unamused.

The man chuckled. "Stand up, my angels. I need to speak to you."

"Why... Why are you here... Uh, sir?" Suho questioned.

"That is easy, Suho. I am here because I've heard about that little dispute with one of my previous guardians, Lucifer."

"But... That was two months ago."

God looked blank. "...Oh."

"If you're really God," Kai stood. "Then you must know what happened to us. You must know what happened to Kyungsoo."

God stared at him. "...Kai, have you actually read my rules pertaining the asylums?"

"Uh... I skimmed it."

The man sighed. "Once a guardian reaches the end of their lifespan, they are sent to Heaven. Should their lifespan be cut short, God will decide their fate."

Kai glared at him. "They can't be sent to Heaven when this IS Heaven."

"You're correct, I just lied about that.” God responded shamelessly. “When they're gone, then they're gone. There is no other Heaven than this."

"Then is K-Kyungsoo really d-dead—"

"Kyungsoo did not reach the end of his lifespan. It was cut short. Therefore, I will decide his fate," he continued staring. "... Actually, Kai, I will let you decide.”

"W-What do you mean...?"

"You can either let him be reincarnated on Earth, or resurrected in this asylum. I will even give you the choice of joining him wherever he goes."

The boy's eyes went wide. "...You mean I get to go to Earth...? With… With Kyungsoo?"

God nodded, but Kai hesitated. Luhan put a hand on his shoulder and smiled. 

"It's your chance." Suho asserted.

"You can be free now," Chanyeol grinned. "With Kyungsoo."

Kai bit his lip. "B-But then I'd have to leave you guys..."

Baekhyun gave him a tight hug. "It's okay Kai. We understand. Go... Go to Earth, where you can finally be free."

Kai choked back tears as he hugged Baekhyun back. "...No."

Baekhyun immediately let go of him. "What?"

Kai shook his head. "I'm not going. Not without you guys, or the others from the other asylum."

"But Kai! You—" 

"I'm not going without my friends." Kai declared, staring at God.

God silently watched as the group argued. He then cleared his throat and clapped once. The clap boomed, ringing in the guardians' ears. "I have decided Kyungsoo's fate," he announced. "He will be reborn on Earth, along with every guardian in these asylums."

Everyone's eyes went wide. "Y-You're joking." Luhan croaked.

God smiled for the first time. "I'm not joking. I probably need a new set of guardians anyway, you're all a mess." He said that while waving his hand beside him, unveiling a white portal. "Whenever you're ready, you may jump in. The next thing you will probably notice is your coming out of a uterus."
God watched as the guardians tightly grasped each other's hands. They all stared at the portal, inching towards it.

Baekhyun glanced at the lanky giant next to him. “Ch-Chanyeol…”

“Hm?”

“You’ll find me again, right?”

Chanyeol grinned. “Of course I will.”

Sehun scoffed. “They’re sho shecure about their love, but what if I nepher find you?” He subtly squeezed Luhan’s hand a little harder.

The older chuckled. “You’ll have all the time in the world, Sehun. I’ll wait for you.”

The younger pouted. “Don’tsh love anyone beshides me.”

“Haha. I got it.”

Kai bit his lip, staring at the portal; his only chance to see Kyungsoo again. He felt a gentle hand on his shoulder.

Suho nodded, smiling for once in his life.

Kai returned the smile, and turned to the white portal.

 

Wait for me, Kyungsoo.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


GAME IS OVER!

This may or may not have a sequel... I still have to think about it ^^"

Until then, THANK YOU FOR READING! If you liked it, please give it an upvote! If not, then... don't. owo