22.

Crossover

 

 

 

 

Tao’s Sanctuary

 

 

Kris watched as the floor lit up with golden symbols he couldn’t read. The lines and symbols moved, resembling a clock. It shone brightly contrasting the black room. He was still tightly holding Tao’s hand as the younger boy was focusing. Kris then turned his attention to Tao, watching his chest heave up and down while his eyes were closed. Even though he looked normal, Kris knew Tao was going through some stressful mentality.

Suddenly Tao choked, startling Kris. He started coughing so much he fell to his knees, clutching his chest with his free hand.

“TAO!” Kris whacked him on the back, overly worried. He stopped when Tao held his hand up, his coughing slowing down.

“G-Ge, I-I…” Tao stared at the space in front of him. Terror was seen on his face. “M-My parallel died…”

Kris stared at him with wide eyes. He knew that losing your parallel would be like losing half of yourself.

“G-Ge… I feel like my body is ripping apart…” Tears strew down Tao’s face, nearly breaking Kris’s heart just seeing him like this.

Kris quickly leaned over and kissed Tao’s tears away. “C’mon Zitao… I know it hurts, but you have to continue the time reversal. It’s the only way we can save the rest of them.”

Tao nodded seconds later, wiping away his tear streaks with the back of his hand. He hesitantly looked up at the daunting clock in front of him, only to witness the ‘7’ fade into nothing.

 

 

Tree of Life

 

 

“Time is almost up, my little scurrying guardians!” Taemin sang to himself, hovering high in the sky. He relished the fact that from where he was, he could clearly see the two trees moving toward each other. Although he was a bit irritated that it was taking forever because of Tao’s disruption, it would have to do.

The archangel then held out his five fingers, closing them into a fist as he counted them off silently. He then held up his pinky. “Hum… Four down, one more to go. I guess I should be going then.” Taemin flapped his overly-heavy wings and slowly soared through the air when something caught his eye.

Kyungsoo and Kai were in each other’s arms.

Taemin smirked to himself, humming out a little tune. “Kyungsoo and Kai, sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G.”  He stared at the two for awhile, then deciding to be on his way seconds later.

Kai looked up from Kyungsoo’s shoulder, almost swearing that he saw some bird fly past. He decided to ignore it and look to his side. His heart almost dropped. In the distance, he saw buildings and skyscrapers; the same buildings and skyscrapers from Kris’s ruins.

Kai quickly let go of Kyungsoo and frantically looked south. He saw Tao’s little black house. Looking east he saw the other tree of life. He couldn’t mistake the scarlet leaves for something else. The two asylums were so close to each other that Kai could just walk over instead of crossing over through his hallway.

 

His hallway.

 

Kai shut his eyes and tried to imagine the dark, peeling walls. He tried to imagine the many wood-stained doors. And yet, he couldn’t conjure up the image. He suddenly couldn’t remember what his hallway looked, sounded, felt, or smelled like. He couldn’t remember it.

 

He couldn’t go there.

 

“…Damn.” Kai cursed, rubbing his face in his hands.

“What?” Kyungsoo questioned, staring at Kai.

“…The asylums,” Kai said. “They’re going to combine soon. Once they do, we’re all done for… Suho and Luhan, can you bring them here?”

Kyungsoo stared at him for a while, biting his lip. He ran off shortly after, leaving Kai to his anxiousness.

The younger looked worriedly at Tao’s black house. “Please hurry Tao!”

 

 

Tao’s Sanctuary

 

 

“Nggh…!” Tao tried muffling his cries of pain although Kris could plainly see how much torture the boy was going through. Kris grasped Tao’s hand tighter, glancing up at the ticking clock. The hands spun rapidly now, going counter-clockwise. The petals that gathered on the floor started floating upwards. Kris could even swear he was getting younger.

Time reversal was underway; but would it be enough?

 

 

Tree of Life

 

 

“What is it now?” Suho strolled up to Kai, followed by a worried Kyungsoo and a bitter Luhan.

“We need a battle plan,” Kai said blatantly. “Tao’s gonna prevent the trees from colliding, but that doesn’t mean Lucifer isn’t still around.”

The eldest raised an eyebrow. “What do you suggest?”

“Right now Baek-hyung and Chanyeol are by themselves, and I’m pretty sure both of them aren’t feeling too good for an attack,” the younger explained. “So let’s split up. One of you can go to them, and three of us will stay here to watch the tree.”

“It’s not like Chanyeol is dead,” Suho retorted. “He can fight for himself.”

Kai shuddered at the image of Chanyeol’s death. He glared at Suho. “If you’re too lazy to get over there yourself, then you could just say so.”

“I’M NOT LAZY-”

I’ll go,” Luhan spoke up. “Let’s not have an argument over nothing.”

“Forget it, I’ll go!” Suho started to stomp off.

Kai rolled his eyes. “He just wants to prove that he’s not lazy.” He mumbled quietly.

“I HEARD THAT!”

 

 

Chanyeol’s Landing

 

 

Chanyeol blinked his tired eyes open, Baekhyun’s sleeping face coming into view. Sighing, he sat up and stretched his gangly limbs from sleeping on the hard asphalt.

Chanyeol ran his fingers over Baekhyun's cheek. He was surprised at how cold his skin was. So he immediately cupped his lover's face in his warm hands, careful not to burn him. 

 

A few minutes of warming up later, he removed his hands, assuming that Baekhyun was now warm enough.

Apparently he wasn't, as when Chanyeol removed his hands Baekhyun winced at the loss of warmth. Baekhyun made movement for the first time since he was put to sleep.

Chanyeol widened his eyes and lightly shook him. "B-Baek... Wake up..." If Baekhyun was moving, then he should be alive and healthy, right?

"Nn..." Baekhyun tossed his head to the side and shifted.

Chanyeol almost lost it. As much as he liked sleeping Baekhyun, he had to see conscious Baekhyun even more. He had to hear his voice again. He had to see his twinkling eyes again. He had to see his sweet smile again.

Chanyeol shook his sleeping beauty even more, practically begging him to wake up. He was interrupted by a sudden voice.

"Hello, my dear Chanyeol."

Chanyeol looked up, shocked. This person in front of him—

who was this person?

This person who had scarlet red hair.

This person who had four wings.

This person who smiled gently at him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


so. how are you guys? LOL 

Have you guys figured out the thing with the clock yet? No? I'll reveal it in the later chapters. :D 

BAP,  NU'EST, and Rainbow all released their MVs.

I CAN'T TAKE THIS.