03.

Crossover

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tree of Life

 



"Sehun? What's wrong with him?" Kai showed signs of worry.

 Kyungsoo stood. "She said... Sehun's hurt. Sehun is hurt." He grabbed Kai's sleeve with his hands. They were shaking. "Kai, please! Take us to Sehun, now!"

Kai wasted no time listening to his hyung's command. Kai shut his eyes and imagined sand; lots of sand, for miles to be seen. He also imagined the sky, a sky that had no sun but was never dark. Of course, it was also scorching hot. Essentially, he imagined a desert.
In a fraction of a second, the two of them were there.

 



Sehun's Desert

 



Kai opened his eyes to be greeted by dry and dusty clouds. He could feel the hot grains of sand under his shoes. His skin felt numb from the sudden change of temperature. He found it odd that there was no wind, unlike usual. But among the hills and mountains of sand, the person they were looking for was nowhere to be seen.

Kyungsoo let go of Kai's sleeve, leaving crinkles. "S-Sehun?" He called, his voice dying in the dust. "Sehun! Sehun-ah! Where are you?!"

"H-Hyung..." Kai pointed past Kyungsoo. 

 

Sehun was the very last guardian to be resurrected, and he retained the most memories of Earth. The others, especially Kai, often bothered him with the topic. Kai even asked how he died once. Sehun merely looked away and said he died of an illness.
Sehun didn't speak often and usually had trouble when he did. He always wore a white jacket, with white pants and matching shoes. Kai couldn't figure out how Sehun never broke a sweat in that outfit.
Whenever Kai visited him, Sehun would be seated in a chair in the middle of his desert. It was made and received from Kyungsoo as a welcoming gift. He would sit there for hours on end, staring on. Kai would then stare at him, waiting for the moment 'when he jumps up and stretches his muscles'.

At this certain moment however, Sehun had disappeared from sight and his chair was tipped over, half-buried in sand. Kai was sure something had happened to him. Kyungsoo was sure Sehun was drowning in sand somewhere.

 

The older guardian shoved his hand into the sand, ignoring the piercing burns. Kai questioned his actions. “Hyung, what are you doing?! You’re going to burn your hand!”

Kyungsoo didn’t move. “He’s around here somewhere. I can feel it in the ground.” Kai thought for a moment and then nodded. He waited until Kyungsoo flinched. “Found him.” Kyungsoo swiftly removed his hand full of sand up to eye-level. In a distance, Kai could see a wave of sand moving closer to them. On top of that wave was a body clothed in white.

“SEHUN! SEHUN!” Kai reached for the unconscious boy as soon as he could. Sehun was bruised, battered, beaten.

Kyungsoo shook with fear. “W-Who would do such a thing… There’s even sand in his mouth.”

Instinctively, Kai pressed on Sehun’s abdomen, as if he was performing CPR. Kyungsoo was about to scold him when Sehun started coughing back to life. Kyungsoo sat him up so he could cough up and spit out sand. As Kai watched him do so, he felt several breezes fly by.

“AH, THEHUN MY PRECIOUS CHILD!” Kai squeezed the living daylights out of the maknae.

Sehun irritably pushed him away. “…Don’th tous me.” He coughed.

Kyungsoo lightly put a hand on the younger boy’s shoulder. “Sehun… Wh-What happened to you?”

Sehun didn’t respond. He sat there dazed, staring into the dunes.

Kyungsoo sighed. “He’ll probably answer when his face isn’t so swollen. Kai, let’s take him to Baekhyun.”

The two of them suddenly felt the winds get a bit gustier. Kai covered his hair from the incoming sand attacks. “What? What is it Sehun?” he asked.

Sehun blinked. “I… Nepher been outshide before.”

“You’re gonna have to, Sehun. Baekhyun can’t come to you.”

“…I’m shcared.” Sehun subconsciously latched onto Kai’s hand.

“Sehun… It’ll be okay.” Kai laid his other hand on top of Sehun’s hand that was on his other hand. “Alright? It’ll be okay.”

Sehun hesitantly nodded. Kyungsoo then held onto Kai’s shoulder and waited.

Kai breathed and closed his eyes. This time he imagined from being in the scorching desert to being in a cool hallway. A hall that has floors made of marble, tables carved out of wood and decorated with gold. Mirrors would hang on the paneled walls. There would be no visible exit and the only window was made out of glass.

 

 

Mirrored Hallway

 

 

He opened his eyes once he felt the change in temperature. He looked around while Kyungsoo held Sehun up. Kai then noticed the other two people in the room.

“What now?” Suho questioned sternly. The eldest guardian was leaning on a table, while Baekhyun was sitting on one. The two were facing each other in the narrow hallway. There was a large mirror hanging behind Suho and Baekhyun had a small handheld one beside him.

Baekhyun got up as soon as he saw Sehun. “Oh dear.”

Kai edged Suho away and lifted Sehun up onto the table. “Baek-hyung, call Lay please.”

“Got it.” Baekhyun picked up the handheld mirror and removed one of his black leather gloves.

 

As far as Baekhyun was concerned, personally contacting Lay was not against God’s rules. Lay was from the other asylum and the two were parallel to each other. But as long as they never met in person, it was okay to talk to each other. “We kinda have the same aura, so we get along.” Baekhyun once told them. Incidentally, Baekhyun was forever indebted to Lay for all his help.

 

Baekhyun unclenched his fist and a bright light shone off of his palm. The whiteness was so bright the other four had to look away. One could go blind staring at it. His power was fatally beautiful. He hovered his palm above the mirror, directing the light into it. The light was not being reflected, it was passing through the mirror.

Half a minute later, a voice could be heard from the mirror. "What is it Bacoooon?"

Baekhyun put his glove back on, leaving the others to slowly adjust to normal lighting. "Hey Lay." He waved at the mirror. "Sehun here got hurt; can you give us a hand?"

The mirror made a scoffing sound. "I always have to do things for you, Bacon. Where, lemme see 'im."

Baekhyun picked up the mirror and held it directly in front of Sehun, who by now is a bleeding, sandy mess.

Kai could see a strange man's reflection on the mirror, instead of the reflection of Sehun's crotch. The man, named Lay, had side-swept hair and a serious face. He seemed to be examining Sehun. "Hm... Mm-hm. Can someone lift up his shirt?"

"You sound like a ert." Suho asserted. He lifted the maknae's shirt, revealing burn marks that seemed to form a pattern. Everyone couldn't help but stare at them.

From one angle, it looked like two pairs of wings encircled on Sehun's chest. From another angle, it looked like a detailed star. 

Lay was silent for awhile. "Um... Baekhyun? Are you seeing this?"

Everyone looked at Baekhyun. His face was pale. He uttered a word that threw everyone into shock.

 

"L-Lucifer..."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


If you haven't already noticed, yes, Sehun has a lisp.

Because his lisp is incredibly adorable and I'm never writing an EXO fic without it. (ANNYEONGHASHEYO THEHUN IMNIDA.)

Although his lines always give me headaches

And yes, the locations are based on the Mama MV, but there are some changes that I've made. (Ex. Tree of Life)

But anyway, get ready for some Kaisoo in the next update~