25.

Crossover

 

 

 

 


Tao's Sanctuary

 


Kris sighed lightheartedly at the boy in his lap. Tao had collapsed after the long ritual, and Kris felt obliged to offer his lap as a pillow to the boy. Tao's heart beat rapidly against Kris's thigh, speeding up his own heartbeat. Kris gently pushed the boy's bangs to the side, smiling at him. "Good job Zitao," he whispered. "You've done well..."

The room was then filled with the sounds of Tao's breathing and the ticking of the grand clock. Kris found it weird that the '8' had disappeared off the clock, the '11' disappearing shortly after. It looked off now that the clock only had the 2, 4, 5, 6, 9, and 10 on it.

His train of thought was stopped when he heard a quiet cough behind him. Turning to look, he saw the familiar figures of Kai and Luhan. "Hey guys." He greeted, waving at them.

"Tao's asleep?" Kai smiled, glancing at the metal stick sitting off to the side. The Chinese charm that used to dangle there was gone.

"No, he's just tired," Kris started to shake Tao. "C'mon babe, get up. Kai and Lulu are here."

Tao quietly groaned but reluctantly got up anyways. He waved at Kai while rubbing his eyes. "What brings you here?" He asked.

"Thanks for your help," Kai said shyly. "The asylums are separate and Lucifer's gone too."

Tao grinned. "I am glad to be of help." He blushed when Kris started ruffling his hair. The two brought their attention back to Kai when the boy looked hesitant.

"Uh... I have one more thing to ask."

Tao tilted his head cutely, making Kris have to stop himself from squealing like a fan girl. They were surprised when Kai got on all fours and bowed.


"…Because of the tree of life, I lost someone very dear to me. If it's not much to ask, would you be able to reverse time and bring him back...?" Kai paused, waiting for Tao to answer.

"Kai, please get up and listen to me." Tao sighed. The other listened and sat cross-legged. "How do I explain this...? Kai, I cannot bring back anyone who is truly gone."

"W-What do you mean...?"

"If there is nothing left behind, then there is nothing to bring back. If there were something like hair or bones, then it would be possible. Otherwise, I am sorry."

Kai held in a sob. He got up, still staring at the ground. "I-I understand. Thank you anyways."

Kris and Tao pitifully stared at Kai's back as he turned. "L-Luhan?" He called.

A hand stuck out from a gigantic pile of petals, probably one the guardian made himself. Kai sighed and walked over. He yanked the hand out of the pile to reveal a very petal-covered and giddy Luhan. The other stared at Kai, eyes twinkling. "This is fun."

"Did you even listen to a single word Tao was saying?"

"Shure did. That probably means..." His face suddenly brightened up. "Sehun."

"Sehun?" Kai looked confused.

"When he died, he exploded into uh, sand. He left something behind. That means he's still aliv—"

"I have to go." Kai interrupted. He wanted to get home ASAP, especially if Sehun was alive.

"Wait, I'm coming with you." Luhan declared, standing up. 

Kai looked surprised. "I thought you'd want to go back home."

"I have unfinished business."

 


Tree of Life

 


Sehun hesitantly looked at his own hands. The last time he checked, he was dying. He knew for sure that he died, and yet when he opened his eyes again he was alive and breathing. It was an odd feeling, cheating death. Suho practically fainted when he saw Sehun, probably assuming he was a ghost or a zombie. Nevertheless, he filled Sehun in with the details of what recently happened. Sehun felt like he just dodged a world war. 
He stood at the tree of life, and waited.

Kai couldn't wait. He himself through the door of his hallway, not before Luhan telling him something very strange.

"Sehun's not a rebound, you hear me?"

It sparked Kai's curiosity, making him go 'what the hell is he talking about?’ But Kai through the door without giving it much thought.

The two parallels fell onto the dirt, Kai looking around hurriedly. Then he saw a boy clothed in white, staring at the tree; as if he were an angel.

"SEHUN!" Kai yelled out, startling the boy. He scrambled onto his feet and ran to him, embracing Sehun in the tightest hug in history. Sehun quietly grunted.

Kai cupped his dongsaeng's face. "You're real, right? This isn't a hallucination?" 

To double-check Sehun's actuality, Kai body checked him. Sehun yelped when Kai touched his , so he latched his hands onto his hyung's shoulders to prevent him from touching anything else. "Yesh Kai-hyung, I'm really alieff."

"Oh my god," Kai hugged him again. "You're alive. I can't believe it." 

Sehun wrapped his arms around him this time, patting him on the back. "I can'tsh believe it eitsher, hyung."

Kai looked at the boy in front of him, Sehun smiling gently. "Sehun..." Kai started. "I…”

Kyungsoo was gone. Sehun was here. And yet, only Luhan’s words rang in his head.

Kai sighed. He understood. “…I love you, Sehun. But I can’t love you. Not in that way… I’m sorry.” 

“So... He did know.” Sehun blushed. "It'sh okay hyung... I shink it'sh about time I moveff on. Jush don'tsh forget about our promish… Okay?" The maknae smiled, and Kai returned it.

"Forget? I'll never forget, mind you." Kai pulled him into a tight hug again. "...I love you, Thehun. Never think that I don't. I just... I love you."

Sehun sighed in Kai's arms. "I love you too, hyung."

 

"Dammit, I really liked it when you used to call me oppa."

"Not happening."

"Please?"

"I love you, Kai-oppa."


Later, Kai insisted that he check on Baekhyun, probably out of embarrassment. Sehun nodded in agreement. After all, they just poured their hearts out to each other. It was best for the two of them to cool their heads off a bit.

After Kai had left, Sehun turned to the tree and sighed. "Rejected by my firsht love…”

“Do you regret it?”

Sehun almost pissed himself at the sudden voice he heard behind the tree. Luhan revealed himself, clearly having heard the entire conversation between Sehun and Kai. Sehun clutched his heart tiredly. “Whatsh are you doing sthere? L-Luhan…-hyung.” He tested out the name, and decided that Luhan didn’t like it due to the face he made.

“Luhan-hyung sounds stiff. You can call me Luhan or Lulu, whichever you prefer.” The older crossed his arms as he leaned on the trunk.

Lulu?” Sehun felt uncomfortable under the unamused stare from Luhan. “U-Uhm… You didn’tsh anshwer my queshtion.”

“Are you still in love with Kai?” Luhan asked, still ignoring his question.

Sehun furrowed his eyebrows at him. “Yesh. Sho whatsh? It’sh none of your buishnessh.”

“It is my business.” Next thing he knew, Sehun was pinned against the tree, even though Luhan didn’t touch him. He stayed pinned; he couldn’t move. He didn’t notice that though. What Sehun noticed was how extremely close Luhan’s face was to his.

“Forget about him,” Luhan practically demanded. “Forget about Kai.”

Sehun glared. Who was he to demand something of him? “You can’tsh justh—”

“Forget about him! Move on.” The older hissed. “Move on to someone who will actually love you!”

“LIKE WHO?!” Sehun cried, on the verge of tears. “Justh who love shomeone like me?!” His knees felt weak. He started to falter when Luhan suddenly pulled him into his arms.

 

“I will.”

 

Sehun’s heart stopped. He suddenly stopped breathing as Luhan’s rose-scented hair fell upon his face. Looking closely at Luhan’s skin, it was covered in petals and stardust. The skin was so white and milky; it was the complete opposite of Kai’s.

“I’ll love you,” Luhan continued. “I’ll love you so much that you won’t even need to love me back. I’ll be your second Kai. I don’t care if you use me as your rebound, just forget about him. Forget about him and take me. Take me, Sehun.”

Sehun swallowed incoming lumps in his throat. His shaky hands fisted the fabric of Luhan’s shirt. “W-W-Why…? Why me? Why would you chooshe me?”

“Because…” Luhan caressed Sehun’s hair. “…When you told me that you didn’t regret what you did, I was kind of taken aback. I admired that point about you. You didn’t regret anything, you just… Did what you did. You were different from me, who regrets everything he did. I regret having killed myself, because now I’m a ing guardian. But you, you don’t regret anything. I found that really admirable… And as a bonus, you’re really cute too.” He looked at the taller boy and smiled. “Although I’m kind of glad that I killed myself, otherwise I would have never met you.”

Sehun still hesistated, still unsure. “I-I… I don’tsh know.”

“You don’t know what?”

“I don’tsh… I don’tsh know how to be loved.” It was true. He never felt anything like this. Sehun sure did love, but he didn’t know what to do if he received that love back. Not like anyone loved him back, anyway.

“I’ll show you.” Luhan declared, determined. “I’ll show you what it’s like to be loved.”

“Y-You will?”

“Yep! It all starts with this.” Luhan suddenly stood on his toes, leaning towards Sehun’s lips. Sehun didn’t move. He didn’t reject. He wanted to know. What was it like exactly?

He instantly found out. When Luhan’s soft lips lightly touched his, it was exhilarating.

 

“Will you take me, Sehun? Can I be your second Kai?”

 

Sehun shook his head. “Not my shecond Kai… Just Luhan.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


THERE YOU HAVE YOUR HUNHAN!

Btw, if there's anything in the story that you guys want me to explain or elaborate on, please tell me. 

I'm planning on doing a 'Crossover Explained' chapter where I explain things I didn't get to in the story. 

Anything at all you're confused with, tell me! ^^

BAMI GIPEU MYEON CHAJAOL DREAM GULL!

tumblr_mieq0iHmds1qg1bxbo1_500_zps4d22f7

SHINee's back gaiz