21.

Crossover

 

 

 

 

Kai’s Crossover

 

 

Kai sighed as he squished himself between the walls of whatever was left of his hallway. The walls became even closer than before, if that was possible.

Let’ see… If my theory’s correct,” he thought to himself as he shuffled sideways. “There have been two curses and two guardians that left this asylum. As for my asylum, no one had left except for me…”

He thought about the first time he left. When he came back, he found that Baekhyun’s curse went off. “Now that I think about it, I think I left the asylum two, no, three times.” Kai’s heart sank when he remembered the images he saw on Lucifer’s crystal.

 

Chanyeol and Sehun.

 

He quickly fumbled with a nearby doorknob and practically himself through the door.

 

 

Chanyeol’s Landing

 

 

Kai caught himself when he realized the black pavement was getting closer to him. He awkwardly landed on his feet and rolled off to the side safely. As he rolled, he caught the sight of two bodies lying on the ground. It vaguely reminded of him of a Shakespearean play that he studied before he died. Needless to say, he almost had a heart attack.

The guardian walked up to the bodies, already knowing that they belonged to Baekhyun and Chanyeol. The older guardian was the same when Kai last saw him; drenched with sweat and sleeping through pain. However, Chanyeol lied next to Baekhyun, practically motionless. Kai’s heart rapidly pounded as he ran his hand over Chanyeol’s face.

“…He’s just sleeping.” Kai sighed of relief. He stared at the two inseparable lovers and thought to himself. “You know, I thought it was pretty gross how these two kept spazzing over each other. But looking at them now… THEY’RE SO CUTE!” he silently squealed inside. He noticed that Chanyeol was grasping Baekhyun’s hand tightly, even though he was asleep. Kai slowly crouched down and removed Chanyeol’s hand. He then proceeded to remove Baekhyun’s glove, expecting a bright light to flash in face.

 

There was no bright light. There was a light, but if anything it came off dim. Kai scrunched up his face in concern, but continued what he was doing. He tossed Baekhyun’s glove to the side and re-attached Chanyeol’s hand in Baekhyun’s now bare hand.

That’s better,” Kai smiled as he watched Chanyeol grip his lover’s hand even more tightly. He stood up, sighing. “I’d better get to Sehun.” He swallowed the image of Sehun dying. “You’re okay, right Sehun…?”

 

 

Sehun's Desert

 



Sehun was able to just barely hang on to his chair. He felt this pain for awhile now, and as usual the person he longed for never came. 

How many times has he called?

Sehun felt that his time was almost up. It was almost over, this pain. After this, he wouldn't feel anymore.

No more pain.
No more anguish.
No more torture.
No more heartbreak.

But before all that... Sehun had one little wish. Just a small, yet selfish wish.


"Haven't you been selfish enough?"


Sehun sighed, shuddering. Yes, he has been selfish enough. He's been a little selfish his entire life. But was it a sin to have one little, one last wish?

Sehun thought of the only sin he's ever committed. It was such a subtle thing, and yet he felt so guilty for committing it.


He fell in love with him—


With Kai.


He was such a charming man; although Sehun found him annoying at times. 

But it was a good kind of annoying.

Sehun loved it when Kai paid him attention. He loved it when Kai visited him, and he started to hate it when he'd just stand there and stare at the younger boy.

But it was a good kind of hate.

He loved him so dearly. Even though it was unrequited, he didn't care. Even when Kai looked at Kyungsoo with those eyes, Sehun didn't care. His feelings were his and his alone. 

His overflowing love for Kai certainly didn't stop him from wanting to see Kai one last time; his selfish little wish. 

Sehun knew he was at his limit. He quietly began to wish. He wished with all his heart, with his feelings. 

 

He wished for Kai.
 

He slowly started to become sleepy. His eyes drooped, breathing slowing down. He laid his heavy head on his chair, expecting the warm wooden surface.


Instead, he felt cold silk. 

"HEY! HEY! ARE YOU OKAY?!”

Sehun immediately recognized that presence. He looked up, expecting to see Kai’s warm brown eyes and tanned face, but instead he saw chestnut hair and pale skin. Sehun’s face blanked, staring into the eyes of someone he’s never seen before. But for some reason, this person was so much like Kai.

This person held Sehun in his arms, shaking him. He looked at the younger’s chest and immediately cringed. “Oh no…” The stranger bit his lip. “You have the curse…”

Sehun somehow managed to utter some words. “W-Who are you…?”

The other looked at him worriedly. “I-I’m Luhan… Kai’s parallel… But that’s not important! We have to somehow get Lay here…” Luhan started to get up, but Sehun wouldn’t let him.

The younger gave him a weak smile. “I-I guessh I deservef hish parallel rather dan himshelf…”

“W-What are you talking about…?”

“Lu-Luhan…-sshi,” a small crack formed on Sehun’s face.“T-Tell Kai… Shank y-you…”

Luhan gripped the boy’s shoulders tighter. “No, no! Please, stay with me! Don’t die!”

“I-I loveff him… K-Kai… But I guessh I washt too shtubborn to tell him sthat…”

“…D-Do you regret it?”

Sehun looked up at him and smiled. “N-No, I don’tsh. B-But it would havf been nicesh to shee him before I diesh…” his body cracked even more, soon breaking into a million grains of sand.

Luhan stared at the sand in his fists. He watched as the sand blew away, though the wind had died off long ago. “This guy… Was in love with Kai. But Kai…” The image of Kai and Kyungsoo happily staring at each other came into Luhan’s mind. “...Dammit. Loving someone that doesn’t love you, huh?

Suddenly he heard sand crunching behind him. He glanced over his shoulder to see the guardian with uncanny timing. “Speak of the devil.” Luhan mumbled.

Kai looked at Luhan with worried eyes. “Where’s Sehun?”

Luhan looked back at the wooden chair in front of him. “Is that his name? Sehun?”

“Y-Yeah… Where is he?”

The older guardian slowly stood up, his back still facing Kai. “…He died.”

“…Y-You’re joking.”

Luhan turned and glared at him. “Does it look like I’m joking? He ing died, okay? He died, and yet you weren’t even here to see him off.”

“I-I…”

“You know what he told me? He said…” Luhan swallowed the lump in his throat. “H-He said that he loved you. Sehun was in love with you, Kai. How do you think it feels for the person you love to not even be there when you’re dying?!” Luhan was disgusted. The name ‘Kai’ tasted bitter on his tongue, to the point he didn’t want to say it anymore. How could he just… How could he just leave Sehun to die like that? He didn’t even acknowledge his feelings, which must have been painful to live through, Luhan thought angrily to himself.

Kai stared at him in shock. Luhan passed him, hands in fists. “He could’ve done much better than you.” He said loudly enough for Kai to hear, before leaving the desert.

Kai, on the other hand, fell to his knees. He was too late. Tears trailed out of his eyes, dropping onto the dry sand. His heart crumbled thinking of all the pain Sehun had to go through. He initiated Sehun’s curse. He left him to die. He broke his heart. He killed the boy that loved him.

 

 

Tree of Life

 

 

"Kai!" Kyungsoo came up to boy, worried. Kai looked disheveled with his bangs in his eyes, his black clothes dusty with sand. His eyes were red and overall he looked... Dead. 

Kyungsoo worriedly dusted off Kai's shirt and then placed his hands on the taller boy’s shoulders. “Kai? Tell me what’s wrong…”

Kai glanced at him and looked back down to his feet. “S-Se… S-Sehun’s gone.”

Kyungsoo couldn’t hide his shock. He repeatedly asked him over and over if he was joking, and Kai answered with the same thing: “He’s gone.” Finally, he silenced. He wrapped his arms around Kai, slightly tearing. Kai did the same, reinitiating his painful sobs on Kyungsoo’s shoulder.

Kyungsoo hated this. He hated all the things Kai had to bear to the point it made him cry. He hated how everything threw off the strong Kai he knew and made him weak. He hated how he could only watch as Kai cried in painful sorrow. He hated how he couldn’t do anything to help him.

He wanted to help him. Kyungsoo wanted to so badly help carry the weight Kai was holding. He wanted to so badly.

 

He’d even kill himself if it could help Kai.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


dZRAJ8f.gif

And when Luhan finally meets Sehun, SEHUN DIES. HUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

NU'EST AND BAP IN TWO DAYS. SHINEE IN EIGHT LSDKJDLKJFALKJL

I'm sorry, but when Jonghyun's teaser came out I started crying okay