02.

Crossover

 

 

 

 

 

A man walked casually by himself, not minding the dirt that stuck to his boots as he went. As far as the eye could see, there was a lot of soil. The soil was rich, but only one thing grew from it.

The man walked until roots were visible on the ground. He followed the roots until they became wider, eventually leading to a great big oak tree. The leaves displayed various shades of yellow.

The man lightly touched the tree’s trunk. “Good morning.” He greeted. He raised the metal bucket he was holding towards the tree. “I got water from Suho today.”

The man proceeded to slowly pour water around the tree. “Hmm? What are you talking about, I watered you yesterday. You’re so greedy.” He poured until the last droplet of water landed on the dirt. The man huffed with pride.

“Well, there you go. Anything else I can do for you?” he asked, listening intently for things a normal human wouldn’t be able to hear.

The man suddenly furrowed his eyebrows and turned away from the tree, looking around. “Kai? But I don’t see him anywhe-”

Something whizzed by and crash-landed behind the man. He turned his head to see a boy lying upside-down against the dirt.

“O-Ow…” The boy rubbed his head and hit the tree with his foot. “That wasn’t very nice, tree! Ugh.” He looked up at the man who was staring at him. “Hey there, Kyungsoo-hyung.” He waved.

The person named Kyungsoo sighed. “Kai, just what are you doing?”

Kai stood up and patted the dust off his jeans. "Well, y’see, I was trying to take a nap when Ms. Tattletale here threw me out of her branches." He snorted, jabbing a thumb towards to tree.

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. "You shouldn't be sleeping up there anyways," He retorted. "And how can you be sure the tree is a female? It could be male." 

"Or both," Kai joked. "I dunno, you have been flirting with it a lot lately." He casually glanced at Kyungsoo, waiting for his best friend’s reaction.

The older blushed bright red, stuttering. "Wait- What- NO I HAVEN'T!!" He exclaimed. "I-I was merely being courteous... Something you wouldn't be able to do."

Kai mockingly gasped. "But I'm always courteous!"

"No one seems to think so, Kai."

"I KNOW!" Kai clapped. "LET'S GO SEE SEHUN-"

"Don't even think about it." With a twist of Kyungsoo's finger, Kai ran head-first into a wall of dirt. As he put his finger down, Kyungsoo's dirt wall went back into the ground.

Kai painfully rubbed his nose. "Why not?!"

"You bother the poor kid way too much." 

"I do not."

"Yes, you d-" Kyungsoo paused. He slowly got closer to the tree and put his ear next to it.

Kai looked at him curiously. "What's she saying?"

Kyungsoo glanced at Kai. His voice was small. "Sehun..."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


I know what you're thinking. "Damn, these chapters are incredibly short." They'll get a lot longer later OTL

Yay, the first two characters introduced are Kai and Kyungsoo aka Kaisoo!