13.

Crossover

 

 

 

 

Kai’s Crossover

 

 

Kai woke up to a huge migraine. He felt dazed and worn-out, but slowly sat up to take in his surroundings. He saw the familiar tainted walls of his hallway. He frantically looked around for Lay. “LAY?! LAY?!”

"Whoa, calm down." Lay's voice came from behind him. Whirling around, Kai saw Lay half-inside a closet.

"Wh-What are you doing?" Kai rubbed his aching head.

Lay brought out a towel. "You suddenly fainted when we got here, you know. You okay?" He folded the towel on the floor. "Lie down."

Kai was astonished. "Oh, okay... Thanks." He lied his head down on the towel in front of Lay.

"You okay?" Lay asked again.

"Mm... Just a huge headache. I guess it took a lot for me to get you here."

"Want me to massage it for you?"

"Oh god no- ARGHaah…" Suddenly, Kai felt as if his head was being gently embraced by a rainbow of fluffy sheep that were raised by a family of angels from the heaven specializing in fluffiness. It was incredibly soothing, having his head massaged.

“L-Laaaaaaaaaaaaay…” Kai moaned.

“What?”

“I-It feels so good…”

“God, you sound like you’re in a o,” Lay scoffed, continuing to massage Kai’s head. “By the way... What is this place?"

Kai sat up. "It's my humble abode." He proudly stated. 

“Well, it’s humble, I’ll give you that.” Lay shot back, looking around. "Where do we go? There are so many doors."

"I don't know." Kai replied blankly.

"Whaddya mean, you don't know?"

"Any of these doors could lead anywhere."

"One of them leads to a closet."

"Touché."

Lay stood up. "Well... What do we do?"

"Let's start by going inside random doors." Kai also stood and grabbed a nearby doorknob.

"I dunno, are you sure it's safe?" Lay watched as Kai nonchalantly walked in.

"Yeah, I'm su-"

 

Next thing Lay knew, Kai fell. Shocked, Lay looked down the doorway to see nothing but the deep abyss of darkness. "KAI!" He yelled, only silence greeting him. "KAI! KAI!!"

He was gone.

 



???

 



"... I really need to watch where I'm going. Now I need to wait for Lay..." Kai rubbed his pained , staring into the dark ceiling.
He stared at it, soon seeing a light faintly glow. Then he saw more lights. They all twinkled dimly, as if they were eons away.


"Stars..."

 

 

Kai's crossover

 



Lay panicked. "W-What should do?! I can't get out of here without him..." He thought for a moment, gripping the doorway.
Lay took a deep breath, and jumped in.

 



???

 



As Kai was adjusting to the darkness, the stars one by one revealed themselves. Soon, the Milky Way came into view, and then planets and meteoroids.

Kai stretched his smile into a grin. "I...I'm in space." He spun around, looking up and down. The wonders of the universe surrounded him, showing off their beauty. 

Then a single celestial body caught Kai's attention; a round, blue sphere with its green and brown patches. Tiny white clouds hovered around it, moving ever so slowly. Occasionally a miniature airplane flew past those clouds. Kai went closer, inspecting its tiny mountains and buildings. Even smaller so were the people. The tiniest of men and women roamed freely on this planet, living their lives without care.

"It’s... It’s Earth." Kai breathed. “This…”

 

Sehun.

 

Kai wondered what the kid was doing. He hasn’t seen Sehun in a couple days, naturally he’d wonder. The two grew up together as guardians, with Sehun being resurrected shortly after Kai. Sehun never spoke that often, even years ago. Kai remembered the first time they really got along.

 

“Sehuun-aaaah~!”

Sehun looked up, annoyed. “Wasth do you wanth?”

Kai lied down next to the younger. “Okay, don’t kill me, but I’ve been really itching to know this…” he paused, praying that Sehun won’t actually kill him. “But… How did you die?”

Sehun’s face slightly darkened. He looked away, mumbling. “I died off an illnesh.”

“Really? What kind?”

“I don’th know. I justh died; I guessh I washt too young.”

“Aw, Sehun died as a kid,” Kai added insult to injury. “So you didn’t get to go out that often, huh?”

“Mm. My life washt my parentsh, de nursh, my hoshpital room, and whasth I could shee trough de window.I nepher been outshide.”

“AWW!!” Kai glomped the maknae tightly. “STOP MAKING ME CRY THEHUN!!” Sehun impatiently pushed him away before Kai spoke again.

“I know! I think I’ll try to teleport to Earth.”

Sehun looked shocked. “Wasth?! How ish dat efen poshible?!”

“It probably isn’t, but I’ll try,” Kai shrugged. “I wanna take you there.”

“W-Why?”

“Dude, you died as a kid. You had no chance to be one… You know, a kid. I’ll take you to Earth and bring you to a strip club or something.”

“U-Uh… Okay…”

 

Kai smiled at his memory. He didn’t know exactly how to teleport to Earth, but he never forgot his promise to Sehun. He was going to do it, one day.

"Hello?" A voice startled Kai from his thoughts. He looked for the owner of the voice. "I-Is that Lay?"

"Hello! Is there someone there?" The voice asked. Kai turned and saw someone walking his way.

"Oh! I have a visitor."



It wasn't Lay.