HONG KONG!!

Everything Happens For A Reason

 

TOP POV:

 

These two days in Singapore have been amazing, all thanks to my personal host; Jeremy.

 

Being well aware that I’ll immediately dive into my panic train of thoughts, Jeremy brought me to Universal Studios Singapore (theme park) at Sentosa to get my mind off the unnecessary stress. I’ve got to say that Seoul’s Everland is still the best as compared to what USS has to offer. On top of that the two of us stuffed ourselves with chili crabs and ice cream for all our meals.

 

We’ve been on our feet for almost the whole day and haven’t gotten our caffeine fix so we made our way to Starbucks to order my Espresso double shot along with Jeremy’s green tea latte.

 

“So what do you want to do as a job in the future?” I asked this ambitious young man sitting cross legged in front of me lost in his love for green tea.

 

“Photography of course!” He nodded which made me smile widely because this man obviously treats me like a brother and not some crazy Korean pop idol which gladly makes me feel at home.

 

As a took a full glance at Jeremy, I was suddenly reminded of my awesome high schoolmates who had been through thick and thin with me. Maybe I should take time off to hang out with the gang again just like old times.

 

“Hyung!” Jeremy waved his hands to my face.

 

“What is it?”

 

“I want to know the story behind your collection of toys!” He rested his chin on the coffee table waiting for me to interest him with my life story.

 

“You sure? It’s going to be so dragging it might put you to sleep.” I joked.

 

“Share share share share share!” Jeremy started clapping loudly like a kid which resulted in weird stares from the teens and uncles beside us.

 

“Shhhhhhh!” I grabbed his hands and placed them on the table.

 

“My toys are my friends because I hardly have anyone to talk to when I’m all alone in my room…”

 

“Wait! Can’t you talk to the members when you’re bored? You can save money and time by just having their company instead of toys?” Jeremy cut me off.

 

“My dear dongseng, everyone in big bang is so packed with their schedules and it’s difficult to meet up after practice. I would love to spend more time with the members but it seems impossible so I had to find an alternative.”

 

“It gets so lonely during the nights when you are battling your thoughts like is your music is good enough for the public and sometimes I get so stressed out by the opinions of the listeners that my mind will keep whirling till tears will naturally flow out even though I’m a big boy now.”

 

“The toys help to erase the lonely atmosphere in my room, having reliant buddies whom I can freely share my thoughts with even though they cannot reply or give their opinions on my situations.”

 

“I didn’t know you felt that lonely…But it’s a journey we all have to take in order to achieve our dreams right?” Jeremy patted my shoulder.

 

Wow hearing that from a seventeen year old stranger was really mature.

 

“Thanks for understanding where I’m coming from buddy.” Ruffling with his hair.

 

“Yah! It took me hours to style it!” trying his best dodged my playful hands, making me more determined to attack his hair!

 

It’s only been two days knowing this boy and I already have this special connection with him like a god brother I never had. My heart aches thinking that I won’t get to see him again after this whole situation is solved.

 

 

*Packing for Hong Kong at Kate’s place*

 

“Oh my god it’s so surreal that I’m finally travelling without his majesty and her majesty!” Jeremy threw his hands up in the air.

 

“Congrats you get to see the world now haha but you youngsters go online most of the time, so you kind of explored the entire world already...am I right to say that?” I asked.

 

“No!” he gave me a weird long stare.

 

“Excuse me superstar, going to the real place itself is called travelling. Looking through pictures and videos online is not travelling!” He retaliated.

 

“Anyway you have been to many places so you won’t get it. I’m like a young eagle ready to spread its wings to fly high and discover what the world has to offer to me.” He raised his chin trying to win this argument.

 

“That’s a bad enology, you see eagles since young, they already start to fly and….”

 

“Yes I know! But you get what I mean right?!” Jeremy cut me off.

 

All I could do now is laugh at this adorable dongseng in front of me. His sense of humor and charisma can get him into starring in Korean reality shows. I can imagine  Daesung and him doing a show together! It’ll be so hilarious!

 

“Hyung! Shall we come up with possible solutions to break this weird switching of souls thingy?” Jeremy nudged me.

 

“Hmm okay it may come in handy I supposed..” Not convinced.

 

“Okay okay! How about Secret Garden’s story line where only when it rains then the souls will be switched back?! It does make a bit of sense right? I mean it didn’t rain for the past two days so nothing happened.”

 

“Jeremy, Seoul and Singapore do not share the same weather and climate so it’s out of the question unless one side really rains then…”

 

“Uh huh! So rain may be one of the many possibilities! The second one think think!” Jeremy unconsciously tapped floor with his fingers to come out with something.

 

“Maybe the switching back process will happen if both of us, Kate and I see each other face to face? The electric sparks or chemistry thing may be able to break the “spell”? Argh what am I crapping about..” I shook my head.

 

“No hyung it might work out that way too!” His eyes gleaming with excitement!

 

“In that case you better memorize my contact number if that occurs for emergency sake!” Jeremy getting all serious again.

 

“Here here! Write my number under your arms so you’ll be familiarized with it.”

 

“It tickles!” I kept moving my arms away from his pen but honestly I cannot resist keeping still when I feel mini pokes on my body.

 

“Whooooooo…….” His mouth made a disgusting O shape.

 

“A kiss?!” He whispered.

 

“Kiss? No way! But I’ll do it to get my life back.”

 

“How is Kate like?” I needed to ask since I cannot randomly kiss a complete stranger right? It’s only appropriate to know them before doing something so intimate like kissing?!

 

“Hahahaha TOP kissing Kate?? She’s going to scream man!!” Jeremy rolled on the floor along with his childish giggles that kept going on.

 

I held on to Jeremy’s legs to force a reply meout of him but to no avail, this small kid keeps filling the room with his epic laughers.

 

The door opened and Kate’s mom, also known as dragon lady shouted, “keep your volume down! I’m trying to teach your brother chemistry unless you want to take over my place!” and she slammed the door.

 

Jeremy stopped his mischief and returned back to his normal self again. Maybe this I should thank the dragon lady for.

 

“That was scary; anyway Kate is definitely a great person to be with. She’s sporty, loves fashion, travelling and loves Big Bang! You are her bias though..”

 

“Bias?” unsure of that word.

 

“In simpler terms it means that she favors you more than anyone in the group.”

 

“Oh that’s good to hear, she wouldn’t mind being kissed by me several times then hahaha” I smirked.

 

“Play boy!” he continuously hit my back.

 

“Ouch! Hey hey but it would be weird to kiss myself in the first place..” then Jeremy stopped hitting me.

 

“Yah you better not mistreat her or I won’t let you off!” He folded his arms trying to act protective but in fact he looks so cute.

 

Jeremy’s a good man; I hope to be this loving to my peers and family too…

 

Within an hour, we packed my luggage with a few pieces of winter clothing because it was winter season over there. While packing, I was surprised by how much Jeremy is so passionate about clothing, fashion like I do. Seriously he’s like a new guy buddy!

 

Kate’s mom hugged me and told me to take care of myself in Hong Kong as she entrusted me to Jeremy. Out of respect I returned back the hug and bowed like what I’ll usually do.

 

The cab came right on the dot and we made a beeline to Changi Airport. The journey to the airport was quiet. Somehow I do miss Singapore; the great memories here like the Alive Tour concert and most importantly a friend that I made. Though it’s been a short while but I’ll truly miss this interesting and weird encounter here.

 

*Reached the airport, checking in*

 

“Gosh this feels a little odd; no one recognizes me, no bodyguards, no fans and no need to wear sunglasses.” It was an amazing feeling not to get any attention from the public. Like there’s no pressure doing what I want.

 

“Well well let us take a look at Mr TOP’s female airport fashion style!” He video recorded himself down as if he was doing those big documentaries shots.

 

“Woooo a leopard cardigan with a grey knitted scarf paired with sleek leather jeggings ending off with a high cut purple converse shoes!” And then he snapped three photos of me with the camera flash.

 

“Yah! If my manager was here, he wouldn’t let you off!” I exclaimed.

 

“What manager?” he smirked and pretended to look for my “manager”.

 

“You!!” I smacked his head several times to show him who the boss is.

 

“What is Tiger Airways?” I asked not having heard about this airline before when he passed me the air ticket.

 

“Well I’m truly embarrassed that a star has to seat on a budget flight.” Pouting his lips.

 

“Hahaha that is more than fine for me. Everyone has to start from the bottom so once you’ve earned more you’ll have the privilege to seat on expensive flights!”

 

Tiger Airways wasn’t as small as how Jeremy described it, the seats were reasonably comfortable except for one big issue…we were too tall! Our poor legs had to be bent and slightly slanted to our sides which made me a little uncomfortable.

 

Jeremy kept asking if I was fine with my seat if not he would help me to upgrade to the front cabin that has a bigger space for the legs to move around. Not wanting to waste his money on me, I put on a smile and bore with it. Anyway the flight to Hong Kong was only three and a half hours long so it wasn’t a big deal to change seats.

 

In a few moments, the plane was lifted high up into the skies. It was dark, even the lights in the plane were dimmed making my eyelids tired so I tried taking a nap. However the thoughts in my mind were running so wild which made my heart beat faster at the same time.

 

“How do you think Big Bang will perform for MAMA without you? They’ll be at a lost and it’s your entire fault! You image will affect the members and the company and it’ll make YG ugly in front of the international crowd as well!”

 

 

“Or the soul currently in my body is not Kate and he or she is screwing up my life?! What do I do!!” these thoughts kept screaming throughout the whole fifteen minutes of my “nap session”.

 

“Argh” I shifted my body position, accidentally bumping into Jeremy’s kneecap.

 

“Is everything okay? Your breathing was quite heavy while you’re resting.” Jeremy asked.

 

“It’s all the negative scenarios blasting in my head and it’s so scary..” I sighed.

 

“Relax all will be well hyung. Your life is not over even if that bad thing happens because you’re still living and can have all the time in the world to cotinue chasing after your dreams so take a deep breath, close your eyes and sleep alright?” then he gentle massaged my shoulders to calm me down.

 

And soon I drifted into sleep.

 

 

JEREMY POV:

 

Seeing TOP sleeping so soundly and his face being a few inches away from mine makes me feel so lucky. I’ll definitely miss his presence but let’s just focus on the moment and treasure the times spent together..

 

After editing the photos and videos I’ve taken so far, my eyelids became heavy and I also took a nap.

 

(Jeremy’s nightmare)

 

The sky was not blue and accompanied by innocent fluffy cotton candy clouds. Instead it was completely black and white, monochrome like those old films however the vibe given off was like a horror movie. Out of the darkness, a sharp and flaming orange lightning struck the skies which spitted the sky into two definite halves sending shivers down my spine. The eardrums in me almost burst as the trumpeting thunder roared so damn loudly it literally made my hair stand. The orange lightning kept flickering in the clouds. Suddenly a strong gush of wind tsunami-ed me, twirling me around as if I was captured by a tornado and lifted high up into the terrifying thunderstorm. I was chocking by then, the huge amount of air stopped me from breathing normally and soon I was blanketed by deafening eerie darkness.

 

I woke up with beads of perspiration dripping from my temples and my favorite Topman shirt was damped. The ironic thing was that I woke up to beautiful pinkish clouds seen from the view through the window. Looking down at my watch, I slept for two hours but the dream felt so short yet torturous to my soul. Rubbing my eyes to remove the “sand”, I realized that I had been unconsciously tearing in my sleep. It was the first intense dream I’ve ever experienced in my whole seventeen years of being alive.

 

*Plane touched down*

 

I had to share my story with him! It made a man cry so this dream has to be discussed!

 

“That was intense but I’m sure it’s just a bad dream which won’t occur again.” He responded so calmly.

 

I just stared and gave him the “what the heck” look, after pouring out my story he simply answered with a short reply?!

 

“At least you got to sleep!” He eyed me.

 

“What?! Why didn’t you rest! Your eyes were closed…”

 

“I’m restless without my wine” he chuckled.

 

“DRINKER!” I pointed at his nose then received weird and unfriendly stares from the people around us.

 

“Sorry sorry” I nodded my head to the irritated crowd while TOP gave me the “I told you so” look.

 

After collecting our luggage we waited for the cab to pick us up to the hotel.

 

My phone vibrated and there was a message from an unfamiliar number. Must be Hong Kong’s telecom promotions. No harm reading it so I tapped on the message.

 

--------------------------(From the message)--------------------------

“HEY DUDE!”

Sent from Kate_tang19965@hotmail

----------------------------------------------------------------------

An electric wave travelled through my body, my mouth agape in shocked.

 

“Is it really Kate?! It’s her email address!” I muttered under my breath as the cold wind kissed my bare face.

 

What should I do? Of course reply her Jeremy! Then from my corner of my eye I saw TOP walking back from his coffee trip.

 

“Hyung come here quickly!  See this!” I waved at him to quicken his steps and then showed him the message from Kate!

 

“What?!” he was so shocked that he stopped sipping his hot cappuccino from Starbucks.

 

“Message from the real Kate! Hyung is this telecom number from Korea?”

 

TOP’s eyes opened widely! “YES!” He shouted.

 

“T-tell them to meet somewhere in Hong Kong so we can solve this matter, hurry text back to her!”

 

“Okay!” giving him the “okay” hand signal.

 

 

------------------------(My message to Kate)--------------------------

 

“Yo babe! Where is your soul man!? I’m with TOP now and I mean the real CHOI SEUNG HYUN! Here is a video of him rapping in your body to proof that I’m right if you don’t believe that’s him!”

Sent from _theoneandonlyJeremy_ iphone

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

--------------------------(Message from Kate)-------------------------

 

“Meet at Grand Hyatt hotel at Wan Chai station. I’ll let my manager know so they’ll let you in. OMG Jeremy!”

 

Sent from Kate_tang19965@hotmail

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“What’s next?! Did she reply anything else like the MAMA performance and what exactly happened to us??” TOP kept asking me the same thing every ten seconds but Kate didn’t reply at all.

 

“Chill, maybe she’ll message me five minutes later or something.” I assured him.

 

Before TOP could throw his childish tantrums the taxi arrived in the nick of time.

 

“YG will be arriving tonight if I remembered correctly.” TOP nudged me as we got inside the taxi.

 

“Alright I promise I’ll take you to the hotel later okay?”

 

“Since we are already in Hong Kong let’s enjoy the shopping, food, culture and fellowship. On a serious note, you better key in my contact number in your memory if not….worst case scenario.” I warned him.

 

“I’ll be fine I promise! I’ve been staring at your number written on my arm during the plane ride.” He smiled at last showing off his dimples.

 

“Yah you better memorize it! If you get kidnapped, lost or…”

 

“Choi!!”  TOP exclaimed, using the singlish that I’ve taught him in Singapore.

 

“Hahaha you shout out your surname for what?!” I responded.

 

“You brat!!!” grabbing my back, he squeezed me tightly making my face so red and painful.”

 

“Your image your image!” trying to stop him.

 

“Don’t  you try bluff me, you can’t get away this time!!” then he used all his strength to squeeze me even tighter! I yelped the whole time in the taxi and the driver didn’t bother to interfere to save me.

 

After the check in was done, the two of us went to discover what this city has to offer! Needless to say we had Dim Sum for lunch, did sightseeing at Victoria Peak and ate yummy hawker food.

 

“This is like a holiday!” TOP gobbled down the spicy fish balls which was his third bowl!

 

As we made our way to Causeway Bay for some shopping, we walked past a television shop and I paused to see the news.

 

“Tonight’s weather will be quite stormy so expect showers and lightning activities. We kindly advice citizens to be home by nine tonight for safety issues.” The anchor lady on the screen warned us. [Cantonese]

 

Suddenly I had a gut instinct; an ominous sensation blanketed me. This feeling seemed pretty familiar like….in my nightmare?

 

 

*Back in Seoul*

 

 

KATE POV:

 

 

“Wake up!”  Shaking  Jiyong’s shoulders.

 

“W-what happened? We were gone for five minutes and Jiyong fainted?!” Taeyang panicked.

 

The nurse ran in with her medical bag, “hurry someone put him on the sofa now!” Taeyang and Daesung easily lifted him from the cold floor to the sofa.

 

The middle aged looking nurse took out a needle and gave an injection to Jiyong’s right arm plus she placed a cooling gel cloth on his forehead.

 

“He should be feeling better after four to five hours of rest.” The nurse told us and then left the room.

 

“Hyung what exactly happened to Jiyong? Was it due to stress?” Seungri asked.

 

“I…I..” stuttering.

 

“Aigooo…” the sick man responded which caught all of our attention.

 

Ah thank god it isn’t serious to the extent that we have to take him to the hospital.

 

“Are you feeling better? We can cancel the performance if you cannot do it!” Taeyang asked him.

 

“Are you crazy?!  We have to do it for our fans!” He suddenly raised his voice.

 

“Can I speak to TOP hyung alone?” Jiyong requested.

 

The members exchanged glances and eventually left the room leaving me and Jiyong alone again.

 

“I-is he going to punish me or something?” I froze in fear.

 

“Hurry Kate apologize now before things get out of hand!” I advised myself.

 

“I’m sorry!” bowing many times till I became dizzy.

 

He didn’t respond but gave me a full body stare. Then he wobbly got out from the sofa and walked towards me. Taking each step one at a time as if time paused for us.

 

“Hyung…..” he brought his hands about to touch my chest area when I quickly moved back.

 

“Ahh it’s true that you are a girl and not TOP hyung.” Jiyong touched his chin.

 

“Yes, why would I lie to you when I’m at this state? I’m truly sorry to a have caused you to get a high fever.” Bowing to him again.

 

“Nah its okay at least I know that I’m not gay anymore!” he laughed.

 

“Ahhh aigooo” he rubbed his forehead.

 

“You should lie down and take a rest first; the nurse said that you need at least four hours of sleep. Don’t push yourself if you cannot.” I held his arms and ushered him to the sofa.

 

“I’d be glad to perform with a fan” he whispered into my ears.

 

“Wait so you’re not mad at me for not telling you the truth in the first place?” surprised.

 

“Why should I be? When was lying down just now, I thought of how I should be treating you because it was never your intention for this whole situation therefore I should be warmth towards you.” Jiyong winked making me blush again. His eyes were all sparkly and his smile so sincere, man he’s amazing.

 

Then the room was filled with an awkward silence so I figured that I had to take the lead and break it.

 

“Are you going to tell the rest of the members?” I asked.

 

“Of course, this is necessary if not all of them will think that they’re gay as well!” we broke into a series of laughter upon hearing his reply.

 

“Maybe the members will perform better since our TOP hyung is a female. Oh you must be careful of one member, the flirty one..” Before he could say his name, I beat him to it.

 

“Seungri –si!” I smiled.

 

“Yes haha..  Come on we won’t want to miss the flight!” Jiyong grabbed my cold sweaty hands and left the room to meet the rest!

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~THANK YOU~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I hope you enjoy this chapter! ^^

Stay tuned for the next chapter and thank you subscribers it means a lot to have your support as it really encourages me to write quicker and better :) 

Leave me a comment below if you want to suggest anything because I want to hear your views/opinions and criticisms too!

Subscribe & comment! 

Love you all~~~