The day before the BIG DAY

Everything Happens For A Reason

 

KATE POV:

 

“Oh this is so much fun!” shouting to CL who was on the other side looking at me dance to ‘Monster’ and ‘Crayon’ for the MAMA performance in Hong Kong.

 

“No no put your hands like this, it’ll make you look more professional” CL grinned as she kept changing my pose as if I was her muse.

 

After forty five minutes of nonstop practice,  I could throw myself on the sofa and rest all day long!

 

“Great  job!” CL high fived me and I returned it back with a wide smile.

 

Both of us collapsed on the sofa, taking in huge breathes and gulping down the whole bottle of water.

 

“You’re really a star! Your fashion, personality and music is so amazing!”  I nudged CL.

 

“Hahahaha but there’s always room for improvements you see and the industry keeps changing…For us idols, this kind of life is no doubt fun but very tiring so that’s the price we have to pay.”

 

“We need to get inspired all the time through ourselves because everything in this world will definitely change but as long as your character is strong; you can persevere and succeed in the future,”

 

“Oh…….” I nodded in amazement at how she explains herself so well; no wonder she’s my bias!

 

“So are you missing your family at home now?” She suddenly asked.

 

“Well….no…” I cautiously turned to face her,hoping she wouldn’t judge me to be an unfilial child.

 

“I don’t get to travel all the time and it’s a once in a life time to hang out with the coolest people in my life which is you guys! It’s a great excuse not to get homesick right? I mean go travel out there and explore because you only live once.” I explained to her softly.

 

“Oh my god, you are just like me!” CL squeezed my left arm.

 

“My family keeps travelling and we all have our own path to follow.We are passionate about what we want in life so yeah...we hardly meet up. Plus I love travelling, it makes my heart skip a beat like how you explained it earlier” She smiled.

 

“Really? Wow I thought you were going to say that I was…”

 

“Unfilial? No babe hahaha” patting my back.

 

After having a girly chatting session with CL, my eyes caught Jiyong and Taeyang giving me weird stares.

 

“CL cannot keep her hands to herself today..you think she’s flirting with our hyung??” Jiyong whispered to Taeyang.

 

“Come and try out the costumes for the performance!” My manager shouted to us.

 

“Time to play dress up!” CL winked at me.

 

The racks were filled with neon, spiked, leather, golden designer clothes and accessories.  Oh how I wished they were all mine!

 

“Lucky idols!” I thought.

 

Jiyong and Taeyang were looking through the racks hoping to find awesome costumes to blow the fans away as always. While I stood on the other end with CL as she scanned for a loud fur outerwear..

 

“DAESUNG IS HERE!!!” a man shouted from the back.

 

Everyone including myself turned back to see the happiest man on earth! It was Daesung!

 

Forgetting that I was in TOP’s body, I ran up to Daesung and greeted him!

 

“Hi!!!!” I ran to his direction but upon seeing me run towards him, Dae tried to dodged me.

 

“Why?” I pouted.

 

“I thought you were going to jump on my back again and force me to piggy back you! HAHA”  [Hangul]

 

“Huh??” confused.

 

“Hyung’s going to talk to us in English now, he has upgraded himself!” Ji told Daesung.

 

“Really?!”  Daesung's eyes opened widely.

 

“Any more surprises from you hyung? Maybe you have decided to stop drinking already?” Dae  joked.

 

“What did he say?” I whispered to CL.

 

“Nah just ignore him..” CL shook her head and dragged me back to see the costumes.

 

*After choosing the costumes and Dae’s practice for MAMA*

 

“Dinner time!! TOP hyung!”  Maknae cried out.

 

I quickly turned my head to face Seungri giving him a clueless expression.

 

“TOP hyung you cannot escape from having dinner with us! We must eat as a team! Don’t go and find your gold medalist friends for meals!” Maknae exclaimed which resulted in an eruption of laughter from the members.

 

“Ya! Ya!” Jiyong, Taeyang and Daesung seemed to agree with what Seungri said.

 

“I’m famished! Let’s go!” CL walked me out of the studio and into the van.

 

*On the ride to the restaurant*

 

“You’re supposed to be filming later at night but I cancelled it for you already. I told them that you needed time off to prepare for MAMA. So just ignore the scripts given by your manager and focus on the show.” CL explained to me.

 

“What! He films late at night?” I felt so much for TOP at that moment.

 

“Yes dear, filming for movies is like that especially when you’re the lead.”

 

“But…his health plus the touring that Big Bang is having now… Poor TOP” I sulked.

 

“Well he has the passion so that’s what keeps him going” trying to comfort me.

 

“Anyway thank you so much for doing all these for me, I would be at a complete lost if you didn’t help me.” Turning my body, I hugged CL tightly knowing she’s the only person I can depend on now.

 

“Whoa watch the body contacts haha” She responded but still returned the hug.

 

“The paparazzi right?”

 

CL nodded.

 

Looking out the window, I could feel the serenity Seoul's night life and the long stretch of shop houses reminded me of home cause these old infrastructures give me a warm feeling, a burning sensation in my soul.

 

“Maybe this weird switching of souls is what I needed to figure out what I really want to do… “

 

“BBQ time! I’m so hungry!” Taeyang jumped for joy when he saw the meat and side dishes on the tables.

 

“They have their dinner at such timing?!” I checked my watch, realizing that it was already 10pm.

 

“This idol life has got their meal times screwed up..poor thing. What about their health? Won’t they get gastric and fall ill or something?” I started worrying more but their smiley faces erased the panic thoughts which were occupying my mind.

 

While the rest of the members were happily chatting in Korean, I on the other hand sat quietly in deep thoughts, taking in as much of Korea as possible while it last.

 

“Hyung! You don’t usually eat with us so we’ll give you the chance to order your favorite dishes!”  Taeyang called out to me.

 

“Don’t need to ask him! He always order the standard!” Daesung replied to Taeyang.

 

“Beef!” I cried out.

 

Out of the blue, all the members head popped out and they gave me a curious stare which made me hide my face out of embarrassment along with a short span of giggles.

 

“Hyung…you always order the eel. Why beef?” Jiyong asked looking very concerned.

 

“Oh..really? Well eel’s fine too haha!” I eye signaled to CL, trying to get her help from this awkward situation.

 

The members and I exchanged looks for a while until Taeyang couldn’t hold it longer and burst out laughing. Now everyone is focused on the food placed at the dinner table.

 

In the end, we filled out stomachs with succulent BBQ eel and beef together with many side dishes. They looked really appetizing due to the wide array of colors however the dish which stole my heart was the spicy tofu.

 

“This is really good!” I took another bite of the tofu and swallowed it with a smile.

 

“Shall we have desserts?” I looked across the table to see if the members were keen to stuff more food in their stomachs but I was too engrossed by the taste of korean food that I quickly flipped through the dessert menu.

 

“Mango sago!” I pointed to the menu.

 

“Hyung you never eat mango..” Jiyong’s mouth opened in shock.

 

Oh no..think of something Kate..

 

“Well my friend introduced me to this dessert and it changed my whole perception of mango!” I chuckled and nodded my head to Jiyong.

 

He is still giving me the blur look!

 

“Never mind I’m too full to have anything stuff down my throat.” I waved to the members who looked equally as shock as Jiyong.

 

“Hyung heard that you cancelled tonight’s filming for us?! Aww hyung so loving!” Then Daesung rubbed my shoulders which sent shivers down my spine! Moreover he kept trying to stare into my eyes, forcing me to look into his puppy eyes.

 

“Eh..eh.…” trying to block him but he keeps on trying to get close to me!

 

My cheeks got redder by the moment and when Dae’s face was five inches away from my lips, my older sister came to the rescue.

 

“Control yourself!” CL shouted at Daesung in a friendly way of course.

 

It was time to leave the restaurant after a super satisfying Korean meal, saw the members up close and personal as they kept goofing around one another like blood brothers. Seungri kept making cute facial expressions which cracked us up, daesung was in his own world BBQ-ing the meat because he’s too used to be the one doing it for us. Jiyong and Taeyang kept whispering to each other, I wonder what were they discussing about. But now it’s time to return home and get some good rest!

 

(Jiyong and Taeyang’s private conversation after dinner)

 

JIYONG POV:

“Why do I find TOP hyung so attractive now?” I scratched my head.

 

“I’ve already treated him as an older brother but these two days……no I can’t be gay right?” sigh.

 

“But when I see him blush, he does look adorable in a more than a friend way..plus he keeps hanging around with CL as though he’s part of the ladies gang which makes him feminine!” nudging Taeyang.

 

“You’re right, hyung’s been acting a bit out of place lately.” Taeyang put his arms on my shoulder.

 

“Don’t let your thoughts run wild, maybe he’s been too stress from filming..he even cancelled it for the time being. But forgetting his favorite BBQ dish and him using English all the time is bothering me too…”

 

“Hyung also avoids his rapping parts but dances way better than before! Less stiff and more momentum…” Taeyang cringing his eyes to think of a reason for TOP's new behaviour.

 

“Aish! Maybe he is secretly dating! TOP hyung has a girlfriend! Don’t you think so?” Taeyang asked me.

 

“Remember hyung said that he'll lose himself when he’s attached to a girl he loves! HAHA our hyung is so hilarious.” Taeyang joked.

 

“But he told us that he doesn’t want to get married till his late forties.”

 

“That does not mean he can’t date before that right? Plus people change according to their own preference.”

 

“True..true…” I bit my lips.

 

“Then what about my special feelings towards hyung?!” I kicked Taeyang’s feet.

 

Taeyang laughs continuously.

 

“Oh god…” I hid my face in between my elbows.

 

“You are not gay okay! You have been attached before! Tsk…tsk..” Taeyang shook my neck and then walked out of the restaurant leaving me alone to battle with my intriguing thoughts.

 

But that doesn’t mean that I can’t become gay in the following years…

 

 

KATE POV:

 

“Are you feel better now? Since you got time off from schedule to rest.” Manager asked.

 

“Yes I am….thank…” I paused when the car came to a haute in front of a huge white building with tall pointy gates surrounding it.

 

“Is-s this TOP’s villa?” I asked in astonishment.

 

“Aish you’re home now so please, I’m begging you to get some rest.” Manager shook his head and patted my shoulders.

 

“I’ll come at 9am later so prepare your luggage and don’t drink tonight, go and sleep!” wagging his index finger at me.

 

“Yes sir!” I saluted him and then he got back into the car and left.

 

The gates automatically opened for me, it was already 1am in the morning. The silence along this stretch of road was frightening so I swiftly made my way into the house.

 

“Morning sir.” A lady dressed in white and grey apron greeted me as I entered into the living room.

 

Then I remembered that TOP has an older sister and he’s currently living with his mom.

 

“Omma and noona?” I asked the housekeeper with the vocab I picked up from CL.

 

“Omma is staying at noona's place for a week so they won’t be back till Wednesday.” [Hangul]

 

Okay she said  eel-choo-eel so I guess they are not in then.  Thank god!

 

It feels weird to be living in TOP’s house but well I’m already here so let me just explore this place, shower and get some rest.

 

As I dragged my legs up the stairs to the second level, I was greeted by the beautiful sparking pool at the  balcony.  I felt as though the pool was calling out to me to join in however I was mesmerized by the decorations in the rooms. The walls were white and gave off a simplicity and minimalist feel.

Oh how I wish I could stay in an expensive house like this when I'm older.

 

Then a room across the hallway, all the way at the end caught hold of my attention. It was the most colorful among the rest. And when I saw the numerous amount of toys arranged on the walls, I knew it could only be his room.

 

Everything about this room made me jelly. “How can a guy style his room so neatly and lovely?” The wardrobe was huge and his bed was a king size. As I passed by the bathroom, I saw my reflection which surprising gave me a shock despite being in his body for almost 2 days.

 

I scratched my arms and felt the oiliness in my skin. “I need a bath now!” I shrieked.

 

Removing my three layers, jeans and underwear, I slowly walked into the shower feeling goose bumps on my skin. My eyes couldn’t take off TOP’s gorgeous y body except the lower abdomen area because I was too shy to look at it. Every other girl would have done the same too right?

 

“Argh do I really have to wash that area?? “ I grumbled.

 

If I don’t then it’ll be unhealthy for him, Kate don’t only think about yourself!

 

“Okay I can do t-this…” So I mustered some courage and began to soak myself in the hot shower.

 

I quickly changed into my pajamas,  which was really adorable! It has cartoon bear prints on it!

 

“TOP is really a 6 year old kid trapped in a 26 year old body hahaha” I muttered.

 

Not wanting to waste my sleeping time, I opened his wardrobe and took out a piece of every garment to pack for the Hong Kong trip. Blazers and long sleeves was a must since he’s TOP and some stylish jeans together with his daily needed briefs.

 

As soon as I finished folding and packing the clothes , I jumped on the bed and stretch out my limbs like a starfish making baby noises.

 

*Yawns*

 

I closed my eyes trying to dose off to wonderland but I simply couldn’t fall asleep! My body position shifted a few times but something was amiss.

 

“Shouldn’t I be feeling sleepy because I had long hours of crazy dance practice in the day?”

 

Realizing that nothing I did could get me to sleep; I grabbed a piece of rough paper on the table along with a pen and went to sit by the pool at the balcony. Little did I know, I started scribbling events that happened recently to me like this situation that I’m currently stuck in.

 

I’m not a writing kind of person, more like a sporty and outgoing enthusiast but I found myself at peace putting down my thoughts into words on a simple sheet of paper in the middle of the night.

 

 

(Part of Kate’s early morning scribbles while embracing the serenity of the cool morning air)

 

Travelling and meeting new people is like sparks coming out from dormant volcanos. I have never felt so at home to be living somewhere completely different, the culture, food, fashion, and vibe and lastly the souls you’ll meet…

 

 It’s easy how one can inspire you and also how one has the ability to lift somebody’s spirits up in a short span of getting to know each other. Yes meeting people from all walks of life be it celebrities, random strangers along the streets, teachers and your peers…

 

First impression counts and the moment you click, amazing things start happening. What amazing things Kate? You may wonder…

 

As for me, it’s the joy of knowing another soul and giving them a listening ear, to be part of their life as they venture onto their future. Everybody needs someone to rely on and communication is key in order to start that flame. I can’t comprehend what I’m writing or blabbering but hopefully it’s the path I’m taking after this making…

 

Then unaware I dozed off on the bench and woke up an hour later smiling at what I wrote. My heart was more at rest and my sanity is back to its normal state.

 

“I guess that’s what I’m going to do I the future.” I smile while returning back to bed to recuperate for another five hours before another day of adventure awaits me.

 

 

(Last session at the studio before flying off to Hong Kong for MAMA)

 

So far I've woken up to a great start, my manager praised me for being early and my body feels so healthy. Guess I have nothing to worry about anymore. 

 

“Sound check sound check!” Yang Hyun Suk, CEO of YG shouted and clapped his hands to signal to us to begin our last practice before flying off.

 

“Do your best!” CL’s lips brushed past my ears.

 

The members and I gave our all and in less than one hour, we finished the rehearsals with a bang! Now we’re going to head off to Incheon airport!

 

As I was about to leave the room with CL, Jiyong dragged me to a corner!

 

“Hyung you changed.” Jiyong asked in a worried tone.

 

His eyes were looking deep into mine and I felt so bare in front of him. How could I not smile like an idiot at this instant? My cheeks began to flush.

 

“See you are doing the blushing thing again!” He responded seeming annoyed at my behavior.

 

“Okay I better keep a straight face and listen to whatever he has to say.” I stiffened.

 

“These days I’ve been battling with myself because I feel so attracted to you but I want to believe that I’m not gay!” He blurted out and grabbed both my arms.

 

My whole body froze. “What should I do now!?” my heart was pounding hard in my chest and I found it difficult to breathe. We stood at this position until Jiyong cooled down and decided to loosen his grip.

 

“Stop hiding something and tell me what’s happening to you hyung if not Big Bang may be affected! I cannot work with you unless you tell the truth and clear the air!”

 

“ I can’t let this happen! Where’s CL when I need her the most!” I tried looking out at the studio door to signal CL to come in and savage this situation.

 

“Um..let me bring CL in to tell you what’s really been happening okay?” I timidly asked him as he kept glaring at me. So Jiyong made way and let me bring CL into the room to explain about the switch.

 

JIYONG POV:

 

“CL?? Bring her in? No..is hyung really together with CL and he’s going to explain his relationship with her?!” banging the table with my fist.

 

“No…no..this cannot be happening!”

 

Just when I was about to hit the wall, CL and hyung came into the room. CL’s shoulder was on his neck, they looked like a couple going on a date and it made my heart turn even bitter.

 

Resisting my negative emotions in order to put up a brave front, I smiled and listen to whatever she had to say about my hyung. “Why can’t he just tell it to me personally….” I thought, making me more anxious to find out the truth.

 

KATE POV:

 

“Alright CL will tell you everything you need to know.” I kept a poker face.

 

“The person you see now is not TOP but Kate……….” CL vomited the truth to Jiyong while I stood there nodding my head to make it seem convincing to him.

 

“But..but..how is that even possible?! Where is our hyung then?” He shouted.

 

“Most likely in my body since it makes more sense that we switched souls unless there is a third party or something.” I said.

 

“Don’t worry if he is really in my body then we’ll meet at the MAMA cause I have tickets to the event!?” I blurted out.

 

“Wait a minute! I can ask Jeremy if he’s with TOP!” Like lightning it struck me that I could have got into contact with Jeremy in the first place.

 

“Get me a computer now!” I motioned to them.

 

CL keyed in her password to let me use the laptop.

 

“Oh my gosh oh my gosh!” I cried out as I logged into my chatting page.

 

I typed “HEY DUDE!” to Jeremy who was online as always because he has 3G on his phone.

 

“Why didn’t I think of it earlier!” scratches my forehead.

 

There was a killer silence in the room while the three of us hoped for a reply from Jeremy.

 

Out of the blue a chat box popped on the screen.

 

“Yo babe! Where is your soul man!? I’m with TOP now and I mean the real CHOI SEUNG HYUN! Here is a video of him rapping in your body to proof that I'm right if you don’t believe that’s him!” Jeremy replied.

 

After I clicked the play button, we were all amazed at her rap and only knew that, that soul has got to be TOP and I’m definitely Kate.

 

“Then..then how do we switch you back?? Argh this is so stressful! I had to battle with my emotions for days and you’re only telling this to me now??” Jiyong exclaimed.

 

“But it’s best for every…” I turned to face him but suddenly Jiyong fell unconscious on the floor which got CL and I extremely worried to the core!

 

“Wake up!!” I shook his manly shoulders vigorously.

 

Unnie touched his forehead and let out a big sigh.

 

“He’s running a high fever; I’ll get the nurse now! Kate you stay with him in case he wakes up” She ran out of the studio leaving the two of us in agony.

 

“Argh what have I done!” Tears streaming down my cheeks as this precious man’s health is at stake because of me. 

 

The guilt of my selfish actions started to haunt me and before the incident I thought today was going to be a great day but I guessed wrongly.

 

"Why...why.." I sobbed helplessly.

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

HEY READERS!

I'VE BEEN WORKING ON THIS CHAPTER FOR QUITE A WHILE AND IT'S ACTUALLY THE HARDEST AND ONE OF THE EXCITING PART OF THE STORY BECAUSE IT REVEALS MORE OF THE BIG BANG MEMBERS!

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED READING IT AND ANTICIPATE WHAT THE NEXT CHAPTER HAVE IN STORED FOR YOU!

PLEASE STAY WITH ME AS I'LL BE UPDATING A NEW CHAPTER ANYTIME THIS WEEK :)

COMMENT & SUBSCRIBE ALRIGHTS? :)

THANK YOU SO MUCH~~~~~