Aftermath of a lie

You don't know me

Myungsoo returned to Sungyeol's.

 

“Hey, there he is!” Sungyeol cheerfully greeted him, “So, how did it go? Did she accept you? Are you two together now?! Though, Myung, she is still engaged to another man so don't start dating her just yet cause that's a little wrong-”

 

“I did something stupid, Sungyeol......I did something so stupid.”

 

“What? What happened?”

 

“I....uh..may have told her that......ItoldherIwasmovingtoKorea.” he rushed through the last part out of embarrassment.

 

“You-You-You WHAT?!” Sungyeol said in total shock, “Moving to KOREA?! WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU TELL HER THAT?!”

 

“I don't know! I just panicked! I-I-”

 

“I told you to just tell her the truth but NOOOO no one ever listens to the choding! Now all of a sudden you're moving to Korea?! How are you even going to cover up that lie?!”

 

“I don't think I want to cover it up.”

 

“What?”

 

“Why should I stay here? There's nothing but more pain waiting for me.”

 

“What about the wedding?”

 

“I'll tell you the same thing I told her.....no promises.”

 

“She'll be crushed if you're not there.”

 

“She can survive without me.”

 

Sungyeol stared at his best guy friend, he couldn't believe what he was hearing. “So that's your solution then? Huh? Just run away to a different country and act like it'll solve all your problems?”

 

Myungsoo stared at the ground, unable to answer.

 

“You know, Myungsoo, there are so many things I could call you. I don't even mind saying that you can be a downright sometimes. But I never...never thought that one day I would call you a coward.”

 

Still no response.

 

Sungeyol let out a frustrated sigh, “Whatever. I'm going out. I assume you want to be left alone so you can be all mopey and dramatic.” He grabbed his jacket and car keys. “Oh, and my laptop's in my bedroom if you wanna look up flights from New York to Korea.” He said bitterly before slamming the door behind him, causing Myungsoo to flinch and let the tears he'd been holding back roll down his face.

 

Sara's P.O.V

 

Sara wandered the streets in a bit of a daze. The recent scene at the cafe still replaying in her mind.

 

I'm moving to Korea.”

 

Sara almost dropped her cup of coffee. “W-What?”

 

I'm moving to Korea.”

 

But-But.....” Her mind was reeling with a thousand questions, “When?”

 

I'm still not sure...but some time soon.”

 

For how long?”

 

.....I'm not sure.....”

 

W-Will you-” She swallowed the lump in , “Will you be here for my wedding?”

 

His face fell a bit, “I....I can't promise that....I'm sorry.”

 

She felt a pain rip through her chest and knew that she wouldn't be able to hold her tears back for long. “I have to go.” She got up and quickly walked away.

 

And that's how she ended up here.

 

I can't promise that.

 

Fresh tears welled up at the memory.

 

She couldn't think of time when Myungsoo hadn't been there for her. Her Myungsoo. Her pillar of strength and support. Her best friend who stood beside her for everything.

 

I'm moving to Korea.

 

Suddenly her legs wouldn't support her anymore. Thankfully there was a street bench near by and she stumbled onto it. Placing a hand over while quiet sobs escaped.

 

What am I supposed to do without Myungsoo?