The life you haven't lived

You don't know me

http://24.media.tumblr.com/e454ebe8c774c07af57b9c4a8534c591/tumblr_mi1mqx9Kw01rqfhi2o1_250.gif

SURPRISE! SURPRISE! I have no idea if anyone is still interested in this story but, thanks to a coworker, I have gotten the inspiration to finish it just for the sake of FINISHING IT. Next chapter will be the last. There is some cussing in this chapter but its only a few words so, just, heads up.

 

present day

 

Sungyeol stood among the hoards of people at the overcrowded airport. There were many scenes of friends and lovers coming together again, jumping into a waiting embrace, it was enough to warm anyone's heart. Sungyeol, however, stood on his toes to look over the reuniting couples and get a good look at the people coming off of the flight from Korea. And that's when he spotted it.

 

A mop of brown hair that he hadn't seen in almost a year.

 

His best friend.

 

He thought his smile would crack his face as he brought a hand up to cup around his mouth, “Yah! Kim Myungsoo!”

 

The mop of hair reacted to the name and turned around to reveal a face with an equally huge smile. Myungsoo began running towards his best friend. He dropped his carry on bag just in time to be caught in Sungyeol's arms, his feet being lifted off the ground as the taller man spun him around while laughing wholeheartedly.

 

Ooohhh my god, I missed you, you stupid bastard!”

 

Gee, it's good to see you too, Sungyeol.”

 

Sungyeol laughed and ruffled his friend's hair before they headed for baggage claim. Their conversation consisted mostly of stories of what had been going on in New York and Korea. Myungsoo spoke highly of his quirky aunt and uncle who had let him live with them, they were the ones who had convinced him to come back. Sungyeol told him about how he had been taking care of his apartment and then proceeded to scold him for never telling him that his next door neighbor was this beautiful, amazing woman. She and Sungyeol have been dating for the past eight months.

 

That's great, man. I'm really happy for you.” Myungsoo said in earnest.

 

No, thank you for being the one with the hot next door neighbor,” he laughed, “She really is amazing.” there and undeniable new glow in his eyes that could only be described as love.

 

After what seemed like hours, they had grabbed the rest of Myungsoo's luggage and had piled it all in Syungyeol's car.

 

They drove in silence, the ghost of a topic hanging in the air between them.

 

So are we gonna talk about it?” Sungyeol decided to break the ice.

 

Talk about what?” Myungsoo didn't look away from his window, taking in the city that he hadn't seen in far too long.

 

Don't even act like you don't know what I'm talking about.” Sungyeol reprimanded, “Does she even know that you're back in New York?”

 

Myungsoo's silence gave him his answer.

Sungyeol bit the inside of his cheek to hold in a groan, “Well, do you plan on telling her? New York is a big city but people still run into each other.”

 

I will go see her! Just......when the time is right....”

 

Sungyeol shook his head, “She is married now, you know? That may complicate things just a little bit.”

 

Myungsoo's jaw flexed, “I don't expect her to break up her marriage for me. She probably hates me...”

 

Sungyeol opened his mouth to reply but then snapped it shut.

 

No, he thought, I have been free of this drama for almost a year and I will NOT become the middle man in all of this again! They can figure their out on their own.

 

Was the wedding nice?” Myungsoo practically mumbled after a few more minutes of silence.

 

It was Woohyun's wedding, so it was the cheesiest thing known to man.”

 

How'd she look?”

 

Oh, beautiful, radiant, glowing,...pretty much what you'd expect any bride to look like on her wedding day. I'm sure there's an entire album of photos on facebook.”

 

Did she look....happy?”

 

Sungyeol gave a dramatic sigh, “Ooooohhh my god.” he then proceeded to sharply turn the wheel to perform a highly dangerous and probably illegal U-turn.

 

WHAT THE ACTUAL , SUNGYEOL?!” Myungsoo yelled, “ARE YOU TRYING TO GET US KILLED?”

 

IF GETTING ONE OF US KILLED IS THE ONLY WAY TO END THIS SARA AND MYUNGSOO DRAMA THEN, YEAH, I AM!”

 

Myungsoo stared at his best friend with shock filled eyes.

 

Myung, you know you're like a brother to me and there isn't much that I wouldn't do for you but....all of this Sara drama? These feelings that you've been carrying around for a majority of your life? Something's gotta give because you can't keep letting those feelings hold you back, man. I mean, you literally put your life on hold and ran away to the other side of the world to avoid the possibility of rejection and seeing her marry another man. It's just- you need to sit down and have an adult conversation with Sara about this so you can get it sorted out and start living your life.”

 

Myungsoo was holding back tears. He was right.....of course he was right.....Myungsoo had known all of this in the back of his head for the longest time but he never had the courage to do what needed to be done.

 

So, I'm taking you to her house so you can talk to her. I'll drop off your stuff at your apartment. Just call me if you don't feel like walking or taking a cab, okay?”

Myungsoo nodded, not trusting his voice.

 

It was time to end this. Once and for all.