Too late

You don't know me

"Goodbye, Myungsoo."

"Have a nice life, Sara."


Sara snapped awake with a gasp. She wiped her eyes and sniffled, not even  sleep would allow her to escape the tears her fight with Myungsoo had left her in.  She reached over for some tissues but the box she had been using was empty.



"Ugh, Woohyun?" She called for her husband, "Hon, do we have any more tissues somewhere?" There was no response, "Woohyun?" Several minutes passed and there was no sign of her greasy husband.



She got up from the kitchen table to search for him, on the front door there was a note:



 looked like you would be needing more tissues soon, went to store to get some. I wish i could use them to wipe away your sadness. I love you<3


She shook her head at the note  long live the grease king  she thought. She walked back towards the kitchen, only this time a picture caught her eye, perfectly framed and sitting on the mantle, a picture of her and Woohyun at their engagement party. Though, this time she saw something in the background she either never noticed or never wanted to notice before, a figure standing in darkness. She got closer to the picture, a lumped formed in and she fought back tears when she realized who it was.



*flashback* - 4 years ago, the engagement party*

*Myungsoo's P.O.V.*



Myungsoo looked in the mirror before straightening his tie. He didn't know what this party was for but he finally had the courage to confess.


"Okay." He talked to his reflection, "It's only taken you most of your life to build up this courage so do not lose it! For all you know she probably does feel the same way! The only, tiny, problem is that she's been dating another guy for over a year and probably only sees you as a friend.....okay so maybe not such a tiny problem..." just then his phone rang.



"Hello?"



"Hey!" Sara's cheery voice greeted him, "what  are you, a girl? How long does it take you to get ready?"



He let out a light chuckle, "Calm down, I'm just now leaving the apartment. And i think hosting a party has given you an attitude."



He heard her pretty laugh on the other line, "I'm sorry! I just really want you to be here for this! I think this is going to be a night to remember."



"Yeah, I think that too..." of course they were both oblivious to the fact that they wanted it to be remembered for completely different reasons.



"So anyway- oh, shoot i have to go now! see ya soon, okay?"



"Yeah, bye." He hung up his phone and got in his car.


*at the party*



Myungsoo walked in and instantly picked Sara out. He paused for a moment to take in how stunning she looked in her dress as she walked over to him with open arms. It was times like these where he had the urge to sweep her up in his arms and kiss her....maybe after tonight he would be able to.


"You made it, finally!" She greeted him as she threw her arms around his neck.



"Yeah and there's something i want to talk to you about...." Sara released him and looked at him with curious eyes.



"What is it?"



"Well, could we go somewhere a little more private?"



He couldn't decide if she was about to agree or decline but at that moment Woohyun came up and slipped an arm around her waist.



"Hey, babe, the last guest just arrived...you think it's time?"



This made Myungsoo furrow his brows in confusion.



"Okay , let's do this!" She took Woohyun's hand in hers. "Oh, hold that thought Myungsoo!" before he could reply the happy couple had scurried away.



A few moments later, the sound of a glass being tapped caught everyone's attention.


Myungsoo looked towards the direction of the sound and saw Sara and Woohyun standing on a little platform in front of everybody.



"If I could have your attention." Woohyun started, "Sara and I have some big news." They both looked at each other and smiled. Myungsoo felt his heart rate begin to pick up .



 it can't be......



"As you know we've been dating for a little over a year and....well why don't you show them, honey?" Sara reached down to take something out of her purse.



Suddenly Myungsoo had to lean against the wall for support. He knew what was coming.



Time seemed to move in slow motion as Sara started to pull her hand out of her purse.



 no...no...no...this cant be happening



Suddenly the most brilliant diamond ring was showed off, earning gasps and squeals from the audience.



"We're getting married!"



Everyone erupted into applause while Myungsoo felt like he'd just had the wind knocked out of him.



Suddenly nothing else existed but the image of Woohyun slipping the ring onto Sara's finger.



Suddenly he couldn't breathe...he stood there staring at the Woohyun and Sara getting hugs and congratulations like it was a bad dream.



That's when he noticed Sara staring at him with worry in her eyes. He smiled back with tears in his eyes and before Sara could make her way to him someone pulled her aside to take a picture with Woohyun.



By the time she turned back around Myungsoo was gone.



Once again Myungsoo was left to wander alone through the New York City streets.



 we're getting married! the scene played over and over again in his mind.



He wasn't watching where he was going so when he bumped into a random person he allowed his body to sink to the ground.



He lazily slumped against a wall. No one would be able to tell what he was thinking or feeling if it wasn't for the tears that streamed down his face.


 i was too late.....

 

Afraid and shy
I've let my chance go by
The chance that you might
Love me, too