Arranged Divorce #8

[►]Arranged divorce - Keep you with me ••

Yes, you were right XD

I hope you won't be confused with some of the transitions and subtle flashback scenes.




" I'm sorry " Kai repeated.

The only thing he was sorry for was that the beautiful dinner Jiyoung worked hard for has been ruined. The kitchen was a mess and she had to send the guest home earlier than expected. He felt sorry for that but he wasn't absolutely sorry for what he did to Dongwoon. That deserved it, he asked for it. How dare he.... he couldn't even think about it without feeling the urge to look for him and beat him even more.

" Hey, don't worry " she said softly while she medicated the small cut on his face.

When she asked the two what was the reason behind their fight Dongwoon was quick to say that he didn't do anything and that Taemin and Kai attacked him for no reason but first Taemin wasn't there anymore and second if she could expect something like that from her husband she was sure that Kai was different. She strongly believed that Kai would've never attacked anyone without a reason and that was why Dongwoon was asked to go home along with the other guest.

Kai was sitting on the table with Jiyoung between his legs. He couldn't help but smile even if that caused him to feel a little bit of pain. He was touched by her taking his side and now having her taking care of him. He could feel his heart beating really fast like it was running some kind of marathon.

Jiyoung eyed him " Why? " she grinned mischievously " Why are you smiling like a pabo? " he shyly looked down and shook his head.

She stared into his eyes, his brown chocolate eyes. Was it right to feel that way? She wondered and swallowed hard. When she was with Kai everything seemed to be going alright, everything was brighter. She felt safe and protected. Maybe it was because of all the times Kai came to rescue her from the pain, the sadness that her husband caused her.. her husband. Where is he? A smirk appeared in her face. What a question. He must be with her. His first love, his one and only.

She gasped when she felt Kai's fingers on hers. She was unconsciously touching his lips, his thick lips. Oh my.. she felt her cheeks turning red. What am I thinking? She closed her eyes and shook her head furiously as if she could brush the thought away like that.

She heard Kai chuckling. Eh? She opened her eyes again to check what was so funny to him. He was smiling widely and since she was feeling guilty she thought that he has caught her and immediately turned her back to him but he made her face him again " Why? " and he chuckled again.

cCcCc

WHAT THE HELL!? Being awaken by that noisy door bell was one of the worst way to start the day. She hoped that the person ringing it would've given up but against her expectation that person was being particularly persistent. Jiyoung walked to the door cursing whoever was at the door for waking up so early and in such a manner after almost a sleepless night. It couldn't be Taemin, right? He has his keys..

Eum.

No.

" Where's Taemin? " Krystal entered the house as soon as Jiyoung opened the door. Saying that Jiyoung was shocked would've been an understatement. First, Krystal was there and second, she was looking for Taemin? She rubbed her half-awake eyes wondering if that was some kind of nightmare.. or was that a joke because she wasn't finding it funny. She followed Krystal around the house since she was curious too. Maybe Taemin arrived without her knowing.

" You're not hiding him, aren't you? " Krystal asked in an annoying tone. Jiyoung knitted her brows. Not that tone with me, girl. But she was too tired and sleepy to start an arguement so she restrained herself and sighed as she leaned her back on the frame of the door " I thought he was with you " as always.

" Well, he isn't " Krystal made a face.

" At work? " Krystal shook her head.

" I'm going " she said letting out a sigh and putting her glasses on " Mind to tell him to call me if he comes back? " yes, as his wife I will definitely tell him to call his girlfriend. It was Jiyoung's turn to make a face this time.


She grinned and she couldn't bet on it but it could be because deep inside she felt relieved to know that Taemin wasn't with Krystal. Where he was though that was curious.. Where are you, Lee Taemin. She wondered as she prepared herself some coffee. If the thought of him not being with Krystal relieved her, the thought of not knowing where he was worried her. She couldn't help it, she was still his wife after all.

" Sh*t.. " she muttered when she checked on her phone. She had to go to work. She took a last sip of her coffee and rushed to the bathroom while she read the messages on her inbox.

[Good morning pretty girl, hope you slept well because I did thanks to you for taking care of me. I'll make up to you, have a nice day] - Kai. She giggled and quickly typed a reply.

[Baby Jing, please come home as soon as possible] - Mommy Lee. What..

cCcCc

Because of her mother-in-law's message she didn't take a shower anymore but brushed her teeth and put on her clothes in record time before grabbing her car keys and driving to their place. Her mother-in-law greeted her with a warm hug as her usual " You're getting prettier and prettier, Jing " she said with such a lovingly smile. Jiyoung forced a smile quite taken aback because she thought that something bad has happened but..

" He's here " the lady accompanied her upstairs and left her in front of Taemin's room. She had to consider whether entering that room or not. What was she supposed to tell him after seeing him? But she wanted to see him, see if he was really there and if he was okay.

She entered and silently closed the door behind. There he was lying on his old bed. She reluctantly walked over and sat on the side of it. You're here. Her hand unconsciously hovered over his hair then went down to his face and caressed it gently. His mom told her that Taemin arrived there completely sweaty and exhausted. He seemed to have run for hours and so he informed her.

What.. he was awaken by her touch and that soft and gentle touch could only be hers. He didn't even need to look and check if it was really her because he was sure he couldn't be wrong. It was his wife sitting on the side of his bed he could even feel her scent, it was the perfume he has given to her. He covered his face with the blanket and turned his back to her " What are you doing here.. leave " coldly.

She was dumbfounded by that coldness. Where did that come from? As far as she remembered they didn't fight the night before. Everything was going smoothly until the scene between Dongwoon and Kai but he wasn't there anymore at that time.

" Are you deaf? I said to leave! "

And why did I come here again? She wondered as she rushed down the stairs after slamming the door closed. Hearing that his mom waited for her downstairs and asked her if everything was okay but it was clearly visible that it wasn't.

" He doesn't want me here " Jiyoung muttered before bowing her head and bidding goodbye but his mom stopped her and begged her to stay " Please, Jing " she held onto her arm.

cCcCc

Just a few minutes passed before he appeared with only his boxers on. He regretted immediately after Jiyoung walked out his room for being that harsh on her and he was curious whether she left for real or not. He gave out a sigh in relief to see her still there but he quickly composed himself. He prepared his breakfast by himself rejecting his mom's offer to do it for him. He is in a very bad mood. Jiyoung thought. Is he on his period? She asked herself.

Taemin took a seat across her and started eating quietly while Jiyoung and his mom were watching him. I.. I can't. He stopped eating. The thought of her.. his beautiful wife on a bed with another man. He grabbed the bowl still full with milk and cereals and violently threw it on the sink

" this! " the two ladies were startled.

Taemin headed to the garden. That image of Dongwoon on top of her was clearly stamped on his mind and it was driving him crazy. How could she.. He strongly kicked a flower vase breaking it into pieces.

Jiyoung left telling his mom that she really had to go because of work. Adding to that her presence there wasn't needed nor it was wanted. Taemin kept on yelling and breaking things that happened to come his way.


Mrs. Lee watched her son venting his anger and she was feeling pity for him because she could see that Taemin was suffering and he was suffering a lot. He was sitting with his back leaning on the big tree in their garden. He was exhausted and only then Mrs. Lee went to him " Everything will be fine " she said calmly.

" But it depends on you.. " she paused to make sure that she got his attention " She's tired Taemin and you should know it. Until when do you think we'll be able to keep her with you? " Mrs. Lee wasn't stupid and she knew that despite the last meeting they had with the young couple things didn't really change much and she knew that it was mainly because of her son.

She loved her son more than anything and she wanted the best for him. Jiyoung was the best for him and she loved that girl too. She was loving Jiyoung so much that she was now starting to feel guilty for forcing her to stay with a Taemin that was making no effort to make that marriage work.

But Mrs. Lee was convinced of one thing: her son was deeply in love with Jiyoung and he only failed to realize it.

Without saying anything Taemin took a shower and drove to her workplace. He was determined to talk to her, to.. but fate was really playing it hard on him because he arrived at the mall just in time to acknowledge the scene of Dongwoon and Jiyoung hugging. A bitter smile appeared on his face as he didn't think twice before heading to the closest bar over there.

Only if Taemin stayed for a few seconds he would've realized that the hug Dongwoon and Jiyoung shared was a hug before they parted for good. Dongwoon decided to pay a visit to Jiyoung to talk about their relationship which seemed to have sunk already. He apologized for acting like such a douche but he was jealous of her friendship with Kai and mad that he couldn't have her for him because of Taemin. He felt insecure and he had all the reason to be because he was aware that Jiyoung has never looked at him the way she did to her husband. She has never felt for him the way he did for her and after what happened the night before he finally decided to accept it.

cCcCc

" Oh " she gasped as she opened the door and there was a taxi driver holding a wasted Taemin. She awkwardly smiled and after paying him she bowed her head " Thank you, I'll take care of it " she reassured. The man gave her a questioning look and offered his help but she flashed him a smile and repeated that she was going to be fine.

Jiyoung brought him to his bed and let out a groan as she stared at him. She then took off his shoes and started undressing him. Seriously, this guy.. how many times do I have to do this? Taking care of him in such a drunk state. She did that a lot in the past especially the first months after their marriage. He often came home drunk blaming her for that arranged marriage failing to realize that they were both trapped in that. At that time she put herself to be a good wife as much as hard it was and that was why she would still prepare him some coffee and calmly hand it to him.

That was what Jiyoung did probably out of habit. She went to the kitchen and prepared his coffee. If Taemin didn't change, she could bet that he was going to wake not long after in need of that coffee. How many times.. a tear rolled down and many others followed as she recalled the nights she locked herself in the bathroom trying hard not to cry because she knew he hated it.

When she went back to his room he was awake already sitting on his with his back on the headboard. She quickly wiped the tears with the back of her hand and gave him his mug which he casually accepted. Jiyoung kept her head low not wanting him to see that she was crying.

He lifted her chin to make her look at him but she stubbornly avoided his eyes. Why.. why are you crying? His chest tightened almost making it hard for him to breathe. Jiyoung couldn't imagine the pain that it caused in him seeing her in tears and that was why he hated it. It reminded him of how much he lacked, how many mistakes he did making him feel like the worst person on earth for hurting such a beautiful and defensless creature.

He reached for her hand and pulled her closer to him. She was about to hold back but his grip was firm with no intention of letting her go " Why " he whispered. That why.. Why are you crying? Why did you have with someone that wasn't me? Why did you lie to me?

The morning after her date at Dongwoon's place Taemin has asked her again whether she had with him or not. He needed an answer and he wasn't pleased with her leaving him hanging the night before. He remembered how Jiyoung shook her head and muttered a " No " as she shoved him to the side and left to her room.

He had the whole night and the whole day to be angry.. in that moment what was taking over him was disappointment and sadness because Jiyoung kept on getting further and further from him. Fact that she was completely giving herself to another guy proved it. She wasn't thinking about a forever and always with him anymore. He should've believed her when she said that she was sick and tired of him and that situation. Why did he keep on hoping that the old Jiyoung would comeback? The old Jiyoung that was determined to stay with him and be a good wife was long gone and the worst part of it was that he was the one pushing that Jiyoung away.

" You did it with him "

It took her a few seconds to put herself together " What.. what are you talking about? "

" Don't act dumb, I know it.. "

Aahhhh.. ah. So.... don't tell me that you're referring to me and Dongwoon? You were here when he sprouted all those lies? Don't you know that he only wanted to piss you off..?

" You don't know anything " she said and chuckled. His face darkened even more seeing how she wasn't taking him seriously. She was actually making fun of him in such a situation!

" Is this the reason behind all of this? " you disappearing? causing a scene at your mom's place? drinking over your limits? Jiyoung chuckled again.

" YAH! IT'S NOT FUNNY " he raised his voice and this time she bursted out laughing because Taemin wanted to sound furious but he came out sounding like whiny little boy.

" It's funny " she grinned mischievously " and you know why? Because I didn't do anything with him " she bursted into laughter again seeing how he became so confused as he wondered whether she was telling the truth or not.

Jiyoung composed herself and explained her husband everything that has happened with that mischievous grin not leaving her face any time soon.