Arranged Divorce #14

[►]Arranged divorce - Keep you with me ••
 


 

Taemin called their parents asking them to meet urgently the morning after because he had something to say. He organized their meeting not in their place, not in her parents' or his parents' place but at a neutral place: some sort of rich people club.
 
He asked for a table in the outside. It was quite beautiful. There was a lot of green, a nice weather and a beautiful atmosphere. A strong contrast to what was about to happen.
 
Taemin was already sitting when their parents arrived. Jiyoung arrived last because she spent a lot of time putting her make up on to cover her puffy eyes. She cried the whole night and she cried on her way there too. She must've looked like a mess. She pressed her lips together and went to give a quick hug to each of their parents before taking a seat herself.
 
Taemin took his glasses off and there he appeared looking like a mess too. He would've preferred to keep them on but because of the situation he was getting himself into he thought it could be disrespectful.
 
The elders were worried already of what was about to come. At first they thought that the couple was finally going to announce that they were having a baby but looking at the state of their face....
 
 
" So.. " Taemin cleared his throat " You must be wondering why this sudden gathering.. " he paused seeing everyone tensed already " I.. I'm not going to revolve around it.. I'm just going straight to the point.... " he bit his bottom lip and held in his breath for a moment " I decided to put an end to this marriage.. "
 
 
Jiyoung tilted her head to the side because of the tears that started to flow down again.
 
" No, Taemin.. you.. you can't do that " his mom shook his arm. She has always known that Taemin loved Jiyoung and she saw them getting along well in the past weeks. She couldn't believe that things changed drastically pushing her son to end everything.
 
" I'm sorry mommy and daddy.. " he bowed his head to the Kang's " It's all my fault.. " he was really taking full responsibility of their separation as he promised her and Jiyoung couldn't help but burst into tears that she had to cover her face.
 
" Oooww.. don't worry, dear " her mom caressed her back " We know you did your best.. "
 
" Jing, don't cry " his mom took a tissue and wiped her tears " Taemin, are you sure about this? " making her cry again? Making her suffer again?
 
 
No, he wasn't. He couldn't see her crying that was why he kept his eyes off her but hearing her sobs was painful enough. He felt like a knife was digging his heart.
 
 
" I really thought that things were going well.. " her mom said and the disappointed tone couldn't be hidden " If only I knew that Jiyoung was going to end up like this.... " I should've let my daughter end this marriage before....
 
" It's my fault, mom! " she screamed at the top of her lungs startling everyone.
 
" It's my fault.. " she repeated lowly.
 
She couldn't let Taemin be blamed and get hated by his and her parents for something that he didn't do. Taemin has been so good to her, perfect actually that she just couldn't do that to him.
 
" Honey do something! " his mom called out her husband.
 
Mr. Lee would've never wanted for that to happen. Maybe he didn't show it but he cared for Jiyoung and that marriage just as much as his wife did. Though seeing how much the kids have been through, seeing the state they were in " I guess.. " he spoke reluctantly " I guess it's time to let them take their own decisions "
 
*silence*
 
*silence*
 
*silence*
 
" If you excuse me.. I'll go first " Taemin said standing up and bowed to each of them.
 
He couldn't stay any longer and hear her crying. He bit his bottom lip " She can keep the house.. " he said looking at her mom then turned to his " If it's not bothersome for you.. I'd like to use my old room for the time being " while I look for another place to stay at.
 
Mrs. Lee gave out a sigh in defeat accepting the harsh truth that her son was really determined to put an end to that marriage. She forced a smile and nodded " Of course, it's not.. "
 
 
Taemin went to his office. He needed to make up for not attending the last meetings and conferences in Japan. He wasn't really in the right state of mind but he had to do something else other than commiserate himself. He had to keep himself busy and focus on work or he could've gone crazy.
 
That night he locked himself in his old room. He tossed and turned but failed to fall asleep. He could've hang out with his friends but he didn't want to meet Kai and he also couldn't risk to drown himself in the alchool or he could've done something that he was going to regret later.
 
 
Jiyoung was at home alone hoping that Taemin could've come back. She was wandering around and the more she looked at it the more she was convinced that it was cruel of him to let her keep that house.
 
That house was full of him, of them and the memories they made together. Wherever she turned there was something that remind her of him. It was indeed cruel..
 
She stopped in his room which has been their room again for awhile. Since things have started to go well he asked her to move back there with him and she didn't really mind. She liked sleeping in his arms and waking up in them too. She threw herself on their bed then grabbed his pillow and put it on her face. She could feel the scent she used to smell from him. He had such a distinctive and addictive scent that would get attached to anything he got close to like his clothes, his pillow, even the couch on their living room smelled like him.
 
Was that the only thing that remained of him? Was she ever going to talk to him again, to see him again? She shook her head acknowledging that she was being overdramatic in that moment.
 
But it was probably right to wonder if he was going to kiss her again, hug her again or even look at her eyes again because for the past 24 hours she saw how he avoided it.
 
She would've wanted to cry but there were no tears anymore. She has cried too much already. A sigh escaped her lips. She grabbed her phone then dialled his number.
 
Coincidentally Taemin was holding his phone too. He was spending his time scanning through the pictures they took together. When he saw her name appearing on his screen his thumb just naturally pressed the answer botton.
 
" .. " no words came out from his mouth though.
 
Just then her eyes got watery again. Only knowing that he answered her call and that he was on the other end of the line made tears flow down her cheeks. She didn't know why she called. Well, she was missing him. She was missing him so much that hearing his voice would've been enough already. Sadly he wasn't speaking..
 
Taemin didn't know what to say nor he wasn't sure as of why he answered her. He was missing her and maybe he was also hoping for her to tell him that, that she missed him too. Was she missing him? He wondered. Why would she call him if it wasn't for that?
 
When he heard her sobbing he just felt the urge to see her. Why was she still crying? Wasn't she supposed to be happy? She was free. She wasn't trapped in their marriage anymore and her parents weren't disappointed by her. Lastly, as much as the thought of it pained him.. if Kai was the one she wanted she was free to be with him.
 
Don't cry.. he begged then jumped off his bed and grabbed the keys of his car. None of them was saying anything but none of them wanted to hang up either and through his way home he listened to her sobs only as he wondered why wasn't she okay? Did she eat?
 
 
Taemin opened the door of their house and reluctantly walked in. Everything was dark and dead quiet. Where was she? She wasn't on the couch. He walked upstairs expecting her to be in her room but she wasn't. Could she be in our room.. he held his breath in before walking in and there she was lying on her side.
 
Just then he hung up and put his phone on his pocket. Jiyoung looked at her phone disappointed and a sigh came out. He hung up..
 
Taemin was about to chuckle as he acknowledged the scene but he covered his mouth and composed himself before he walked up to his bed and sitting on the side of it. Ohh.. Jiyoung gasped when she saw him. You're here..
 
She could only see his back but she felt at ease already. He tensed when he felt her hand caressing his back " Where were y-you.. " she asked lowly. She was still crying and her sobs made it hard for her to speak.
 
He knew what that question meant. Did you run back to Krystal as soon as we parted? Are you going to be with Krystal now that we aren't together? Were you with Krystal before coming here?
 
He couldn't believe that up to now she still didn't understand that she was the person he only cared for but how could he blame her after all the things he did in the past.
 
" I.. " he cleared his throat " I was at my parents' place.. where else.... "
 
She pursed her lips to stop herself from blurting out Krystal.
 
" I couldn't be there.. " he paused because even though he couldn't see her he knew that he left her dumbfounded.
 
Right, so many things happened that he forgot to tell her that he broke up with Krystal, that it would've been only the two of them. Isn't it useless to tell her?
 
" Why would I be with her? " he muttered.
 
Jiyoung sat up moving her upper body to see his face. She looked up to him with a frown. She was confused by his words while Taemin tilted his head to hide his blush, effect of feeling her staring at him. He rolled his eyes at his hopeless self.
 
" Did you eat? "
 
What? She raised a brow. How can you change the topic like that? She simply gave a nod which he caught from the corner of his eye. She wanted to ask him more about it but she was unsure whether she had the right to do so.
 
It was incredible how well he knew her. He could exactly tell what was going through her mind in that moment and he liked it. Is she being curious or jealous? Has she ever been jealous?
 
He has always wanted to see the jealous and protective side of her but she has always managed to hide it well. Just like she has always managed not to pretend to have him only for herself.
 
" We're organizing our wedding already " he blurted.
 
Jiyoung froze and a long silence followed. Maybe due to the situation they were in it wasn't right to pull such a  prank  but Taemin wanted to see if she could show him the jealous side of her at least once. He wanted to see it so much that in those few minutes he put aside everything else.
 
Jiyoung was shocked. She was getting dizzy and she gripped on the blanket so tightly that her knuckles turned white. Wh-what..
 
How could he do that right after ending their marriage? Or was he organizing it already.. since when? When he was with her all the time? When he was in her pretty much all the time? When he was hugging her, kissing her, touching her?
 
" Wooh.. " he gasped when he fell off the bed.
 
Did she just kick me off my OWN bed? He blinked and turned to her.
 
It was the first time since the morning he found her with Kai that she could feel his eyes on her again. And even if he was now giving her a surprised look because of the violent kick she just gave him, she was regretting nothing. He deserved it.
 
This. He muttered in his head.
 
She wasn't looking regretful or sorry. She was just pissed and he loved it. That was what he wanted to see. He was about to curve his lips into a smile but bit it quickly so that she wouldn't notice. He sat back on his spot again without taking his eyes off her. He had to admit that he missed staring at her. She looked so cute with her frown and lips pressed together.
 
" Why.. why pissed? " he tried to sound serious but it was hard when he had to keep himself from laughing " You're free, right? I'm free too.. " she threw him the most evil glare she has ever thrown him. She lay down and turned her back to him.
 
" Why turning your back to me? " he pushed her a little then pulled her trying to make her face him again but she didn't budge. He was now on his four " Yah.. don't ignore me! " he pretended to be mad.
 
" Just leave! Shouldn't you be with your girlfriend? Go to her and organize your wedding.. "
 
Jiyoung was furious.
 
She was furious and sad because she couldn't believe that he could do something like that. How can he be so insensitive? She has been crying litres of tears for him while he was moving on already!
 
" Leave your keys.. I don't want you to come here anymore " she grumbled " Actually, you know what? I don't want to see your face anywhere anymore " she was being too cute in that moment that Taemin wasn't sure until when he was going to keep that straight face of him.
 
When she heard him not moving, not saying anything she faced him and their eyes locked. It's been awhile since they lost themselves into each other's eyes and it felt so good. Everything immediately felt clearer " You.. " she stuttered and sat up " You're only playing with me.. "
 
As always.. it was inevitable. It was through their eyes that they could really read what the other was thinking and feeling.
 
She pouted and pushed him by his chest. She wanted to push him off the bed again but she only ended making him lay down with her on top. She gulped as she supported herself to keep herself from getting closer to him.
 
" How could you play like that.. " she mumbled as she looked away feeling her cheeks turning into a bright red. She was also about to get off him but he held her by her arms and she stopped still avoiding his piercing gaze.
 
" But you were quite affected.. " there was an ear-to-ear smile on his face " jealous much? " she rolled her eyes and lightly slapped his face. She wanted to brush off that knowing smile of him which she hated and loved at the same time.
 
" So.. " he grinned cheekily " Yes or no.."
 
" Why asking.... " she bit her bottom lip shyly as she made another attempt to get off him but Taemin kept her on him. She looked at him who was enjoying the situation too much " Isn't it obvious.. " she mumbled and lay down his chest to bury her face on him.
 
Taemin just felt his arm wrapping around her and hugging her tightly as he gave her a kiss on her head. Jiyoung was caught off-guard and just then Taemin remembered that he wasn't supposed  to act like that. That everything only started from him wanting to see her jealousy.
 
He loosened his grip on her and carefully moved her on his side before he sat up and started putting his shoes on " It's.. it's late.. I have to go "
 
Why? She blinked. Where.. isn't this your home? She thought.
 
" You should sleep.. " he said without looking at her. He stopped looking at her again.. " Good night.. " he was about to stand when he felt her tagging on his shirt. He gulped " I have to.. " go.
 
" Stay.. " she cutted him off " Stay for tonight.. "
 
Jiyoung has never pretended anything openly from him. She has never asked him to spend time with her, to sleep with her, to treat her better. It was the first time for her to request him something and what a request: staying. The thing that he wanted the most.
 
But the thoughts of her and Kai were on his mind again. All the questions he was afraid to ask were ringing through his ears again that he considered ignoring her one and only request before leaving her there. How could he do that?
 
Could he ignore the only thing she has ever pretended from him?


 

To love and to be in love are two different things for two different guys.. XP