Roommate

The Handsome SHE

 

tumblr_mg9i17XqK21ri75rzo1_500.jpg

 

 

 

“Whoahhh. I’m really in Korea.” A girl said in an amazed voice as she looked around the airport. She just departed from California. “It’s for the good.” She took a deep breath and call for a cab. The driver helped her for her luggage.

“Bring me to Korean International University.” She said and the driver started the engine.

FLASHBACK…

Yiyun came to their home late that night. She went straight to her room and changed her uniform. She just got her classcard and she need to report it to her mother. She refuse to knock at the door when she heard them arguing.

“You can’t do this to her.” she heard her mother sobbing.

“Our business is not doing well.” Her father said.

“But we cannot use Yiyun to pay for our debt. She’s our daughter.” Yiyun’s eyes widen when she heard it.

“She’s not our daughter. Keep that in your mind.” Yiyun got shocked as what her father said.

‘I’m not their daughter?’ her eyes started to become watery.

“She’s my daughter. I promise to her mother that I will keep her safe.”

“Then where is she now? She did not comeback.”

“It’s because you took us away. You cut all my connection to her mother.”

“You better go to sleep, I’m not in the mood to argue. We will meet Mr. Im tomorrow to plan for the wedding.” As she heard that, she run to her room and cried. Mr. Im was her Father’s business partner. No he’s not her father anymore. Mr. Im saved their family’s business.

‘I’m not a Lee? Then who am I. Who’s my family?’ She cried until she fell asleep.

She awakened as she heard a low voice calling her name. “Yiyun, wake up.” Her mother called her. She open her eyes and look at the wall clock, it’s only 4:00 A.M. Her mother smiled and hugged her. “Go pack your things.” She pulled from her hugged and curiously looked at her. She was about to speak but her mother stopped her. “Shhh… Your father will be awake. Go pack your things. You will leave L.A. this morning.” He mother said in a low voice.

 “Mom, who really am I? I’m not a Lee?” she asked in a shaken voice.

“Yiyun… Liu Yiyun… that’s your real name.” her mother started to cry. They started to pack her things. She handed her a diary that has ‘Josephine’ written on the cover of it. “That’s your mother’s diary. You will know everything after you read that. I will send you to a university and you need to disguise as a boy. Your father will surely search for you. I won’t allow you to suffer for our family’s debt.” Her mother hugged her tightly and lead her to the gate. “Don’t contact me once you’re already there.” She said as she got in to the taxi. “Here’s you plane ticket. Take care of yourself honey.” Her mother tried not to cry in front of her.

“Where am I going?” She curiously asked.

“Korea… ”

End of FLASHBACK

 

“So, I will be Amber Josephine Liu.” She sighed after reading the note that was inserted on her real mother’s Diary.

“Sir?” Amber got back to herself. The driver waved his hand in front of her face. “Sir, were already here.”

“Huh? Owww…” She wiped her tears.

“Gomawo.” She said as she got out of the yellow cab. Thanks to God that she knew how to speak Korean. Her brother, no not a brother, step brother since she was not a real Lee, teach her how to speak Korean language. She took a deep breath and walked to the gate of the school.

“Finally.” Amber said to herself when she got to the gate of Korea International University. “I’m here.”

“My new life will start here!”

“Yah… Boy, what are you doing outside the campus?” the Ajushi asked her. She laughed at herself because the man addresses her as a boy. Then his eyes turn to her traveling bag. “Are you new here?”

“Uhm, nae.” She coolly said, then the ajushi opened the gate. She showed her registration form and he let her in.

“Go to the teacher’s office and look for Ms. SooYoung to know where your room is.” She just nodded and walked to the building. “Which building?” she said to herself looking up to the three giant buildings in front of her. “I should choose this one.” she chooses the building in the right side. She finished the two buildings but there is no teacher’s office, just a clinic. Now she’s heading to the last one.

“Where is that f***ing teacher’s office.” She shouted as she kicked the empty can of soda.

“OUCHHH… Who’s that?” A voice shouted. It sounds like a boy.

“OMO… I hit someone.” Then a golden-haired boy with a cat like eye appeared behind the giant plants.

“You owned this?” the boy asked holding the empty can of soda that she kicked earlier.

“Nae.” She calmly said.

“Did you know the proper disposal of waste?” the boy started to nagged at her.

“Nae.”

“Did you know that you hit me with this?” the boy become serious.

“Nae.”

“Do you have another words except for NAE…NAE…NAE…and that F***ING NAE?” the boy started to shout.

“NAE.”

“AIIISSSHHH…” the boy pulled her at the collar of her shirt, ready to punch her face.

RRRRIIIIINNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG…..

The bell rang and the boy dropped her on the ground. “You’re lucky.” He said and walked away. ‘Thanks GOD. My Handsome face.’ She said to herself and felt her face. “Lucky me. I still have a nose.” She stood up and fixed herself. “OMO… The teacher’s office.” She rushed into the last building to get back to her original business.

 She can’t find the teacher’s office so she asked the two girls that were sitting at the bench fixing their make-up.

“Excuse me, can I ask something?” she asked. The blonde one looked up to her.

“Omo, so cute.” She said and the other girl looked at her.

“Hey handsome. What is it?” The girl smiled at her, she smiled back.

“I want to ask where the teacher’s office is.”

“There!” the golden-haired girl pointed the room at the end of the corridor.

“Oh, thanks.” She bowed 90 degrees.

“By the way, my name is Park Sun Young. You can call me Luna.” Said the blonde girl.

“I’m Krystal Jung.” The other girl held her hand to her.

“Uh. Amber Liu.” She accepted her hand.

“Amber?” the two girls said unison.

“I know. A girl’s name. Uhm. I’ll go first. See you around girls.” She waved at the girls and made her way to the teacher’s office.

 

 “You must be the new student.” The tall teacher said and offers her a sit.

“Nae.”

“I’m Teacher Soo Young, and I’m the school guidance counselor.” The teacher started and discusses the rules and regulations of the school. She gave her the key of her room. “So, Ms. Liu. You may go now and take some rest.” the teacher sweetly smiled at her.

“You know that I’m a girl?” Amber was shocked. The teacher nodded and smiled at her.

“You’re mother just called. Don’t worry, I will keep your real identity.” Ms. Soo Young assured. “Just be careful, you’re going to live with a boy.”

“I will. Thank you Seonsaengnim.” she bowed and then leaved the office.

 

She leaved the teacher’s office and go to the boy’s dorm. ‘Allright, a boy’s dorm.’ She sighed before entering at her room. The room was so nice. It’s pink all over. Not that all the things are pink, majority of the colors are pink. “Wait… a pink boy’s room?” She chuckled at her own word. “Just for two person? BORING!” She unpacked her things and organized it at the vacant closet. She decided to take a nap.

 

“Yahhh… Key, Ms. Kim is calling you!” Jonghyun whispered to Key who was staring blankly outside the window.

“Oh… Hi Ms. Hyo!” He greeted their teacher. Ms. Kim just shook her head and continued the lesson. No wonder, Key is her favorite student, favorite to scold at.

“This author revealed his deep feeling by writing this poem. Kibum, can you read us this.” Ms. Kim said to him. Minho and Jonghyun gives him a thumbs up, they know that he hates speaking in front of the whole class. He glared at them before opening his book. He smirked evilly as he plan to annoy their teacher.

“Women change…” He started.  All of his classmates look at him. “… because of .” They all jaw dropped and checked their book if he was reading the right poem including their teacher. He smiled and continued.

“Everytime I hold you… I make you even more beautiful… Is it my sin… or… is it…”

“Yah… Kim Kibum. Who told you to recite your own poem…” Ms. Kim scolded him. Then as he was expecting, his favorite part… “Get out of this room!” said the already mad teacher.

“Binggo…”He grabbed his bag and stood up.

“Congratulations!” Jonghyun winked at him.

“You’re really great!” Minho whispered as he shook his head. They we’re think of a plan to get out of the room also.

“Thank you Ma’am.” he winked at their teacher before walking out of the classroom. Their teacher sighed in disbelief. He went to his favorite hang-out. Fire exit.

 

“Hyung, give me some.” Taemin said eying at Key’s sandwich.

“Aishh, buy your own.” He said to him and took a huge bite to his sandwich. Taemin pouted and turn to Sulli.

“Hey Jinri. Can I?” He took Sulli’s sandwich.

“Again? Aishh…” Sulli just rolled her eyes and let him eat her sandwich. Onew came.

“Hey, did you saw Victoria?” Onew asked.

“You’re her boyfriend. Why are you asking us?” Key said to him.

“Aishhh… this kid. Show me some respect.” Onew nag at him.

“I respect you.” Key replied. Onew just shook his head and sat next to Key.

“She’s at the Gym.” Sulli said to Onew.

“Ahhh… Thanks Sul, you’re the best.” Onew stood up and mess her hair before running to the gym.

“Guy’s I’ll go first.” Key said to Taelli and walked out of the cafeteria.

 

“One more time… one… two… three… one… two… three… turn… Okay that’s all for today.” Victoria said to the girls and wiped her sweat with her towel. She heard a clap from the gym entrance.

“My girl was so great.” Onew smiled and walked toward her.

“Hey babe, what are you doin’ here?” Victoria hugged him.

“I just miss you. You missed me?” he said while pinching her nose.

“Of course.” He kissed her.

“Let’s go to the mall after class.” He said still hugging her.

“Okay. But let’s eat first. I’m starving.” Victoria pouted.

“Omo… Poor  girl… Don’t worry I’ll let you eat all you want today.”

“Chinja? Omo… I love you so much…” she jumped in happiness and kissed his boyfriend.

 

Key has no things to do so he decided to go back to the dorm to take a nap. “Why the lights are on? I’m sure I turned it off before going out this morning.” He got curious, so he run inside the dorm. He’s alone at that room so who turn on the lights. He opened the door and he saw a man sleeping on my bed. ‘I’m sure it’s not Taemin because he did not dare to enter in this room if I’m not here.’ He walked slowly to him and pulled the blanket.

“Yahhhh…” The boy shouted and jolted up. He sounds like a girl. Key’s eyes widen, he’s the boy earlier. He was also shocked when he saw him.

“What are you doing here?” Key asked him.

“Uhhh—sleeping.” He said and lie on his bed again. ‘Alright, he’s starting again.’

“Get off your on my bed.” Key pulled him but unluckily he stripped and fall on top of him. He’s eyes widen and they just stare at each other for a minute.

“Get off me.” Amber shouted and pushed Key will all of his strength.

“Get out of my room.” Key shouted at her when he recovered from the shock.

“Why would I? This is also my room.” Amber shouted back.

“What?”  Key asked although he heard her.

“From now on this is going to be our room.” Amber coolly said. ‘This boy is getting into my nerve.’ Key thought.

“I don’t want you to be my roommate.” Key said to her hoping that she will leave his room but no, she just walked to the other bed and throw herself there.

“I don’t want you to be my roommate either.” Amber said not looking at him.

“Then leave this room.” Key said to her.

“Ask Ms. Soo Young to give me another room.” she said.

‘Now, he want me to go to Ms. Soo young and asked her to give him another room, who is he? He’s just new here. I want to punch him right this moment.’

“What are you waiting for? You will go to her or you will let me live in this room?” Amber was waiting for his answer.

‘I rejected my entire roommate before and she will tell to my father if rejected this one. I can’t go to her, she will tell this to my father and I’m sure he will cancel my credit cards. I won’t let that happen.’

“Fine… I let you live here. But I have a rule… no not just rule. Rules.”

“What rules?” Key picked a piece of paper and started writing.

 

“You have so many rules… aishhhh…” Amber irritably said.

“Then, if you don’t want that rules, leave this room.” Key coolly said to her. Amber did not said anything and read silently all the rules.

“Rule no. 1. Don’t make any noise when I am sleeping. No. 2, don’t let anyone enter this room without my permission.” Key said to her. “And the most important is the rule no. 25, don’t you dare touch my things.” Key pointed at her. “Signed by Kim Kibum.”

“Wait, it looks like a contract.” Amber complained.

“Yes, it’s a contact.” Key assured.

“Let’s add another one.” Amber wrote the rule no. 31. “Rule no. 31. DON’T YOU DARE TOUCH AMBER JOSEPHINE LIU!!!” she read to him.

“Beautiful name. Who’s that? You’re girlfriend?” Key asked.

“ME!!!”

“Whatttt? Are you serious?” Key shouted and laughed at her. “Why you have a girl’s name? It did not suit you. Are you a gay? Let me clarify, I don’t want a gay in this room.” Key said still laughing.

“First of all, I’m not a GAY. And secondly, my parent wants a girl so they gave me a girl’s name.” Amber explained. She already prepared for that question.

“Whatever… Just sign the contact.” Key said and Amber signed the contract and gave it to him. “And one more thing, if you don’t follow the rules… You’ll leave this room.” He kept the contact and grabbed a t-shirt from his closet. He started ing his shirt.

“Ahhhh….W-what are you doing?” Amber asked covered her eyes with her bare hands.

“Changing clothes? Waeyo.” Key curiously asked.

“Change at the bathroom. Oh my God.” Amber said trying not to look at him.

“Waeyo? We’re both guys.” Key rolled his eyes.

“Yeah, but… are you not even get shy to yourself… look at you, you’re not muscular…” Amber said as a reason.

“I’m not muscular? Look at yourself too… I’m sure I’m more muscular than you…” Key continued ing his uniform. Amber pulled her blanket over her head.

“I should go to the gym with Minho and Jjong.” Key whispered while looking himself at the life sized mirror.

 

“What? You have a roommate?” Jonghyun got shocked.

“That’s new.” Minho uttered.

“Did I hear it right? You have a roommate?” Taemin seek for assurance.

“Nae.” Key replied and lazily sat beside him.

“You rejected me to be your roommate and now you’re saying that you have one.” Jonghyun said to him.

“Don’t be jealous hyung… You have me.” Minho .

“Nae, I have you.” then the two pretended to about to kiss each other.

“So disgusting.” Victoria rolled her eyes.

“Why noona. Are you jealous? I can kiss you if you want…” Jonghyun . Jonghyun used to like her before but she rejected him because she likes Onew.

“Yahhh… she’s mine…” Onew clarified. Then he kissed her.

“Jealous much…” Victroria placed her tongue out to Jonghyun as he tried to ignore her. They all laugh at their attitude.

 

Amber took a deep breath before entering to the classroom. “Anyonghaseyo.” She said in front of the class. Everyone curiously look at her. “My name is Amber Liu, I’m your new classmate. Please treat me well.” She added as she bowed ninety degrees. Of course she was wearing a boy’s uniform.

“Em-Beo?” one girl read her name plate. She smiled at the girl. “My name is Nicole Jung, nice to meet you.” The girl introduced herself.

“Well nice to meet you too Nic--”

“Oh hey Key…” Amber won’t be able to finish her sentence because Nicole pushed her at the side and run to Key.

“Yahhh…” Key said as Nicole wrapped her arm around him. Nicole had a crush on him since Junior High but Key doesn’t show any interest on her. He wiped her arms away from him and walked toward his chair. He looked at Amber who was still standing near at the door. Finally their teacher came.

“Yahhh… Class sit down.” The teacher said to the whole class as she was tapping the table. Then she noticed Amber. “You must be the new student, please introduce yourself.” She does what their teacher said. “Take your sit now.”  The teacher pointed the vacant sit.

“Thank you Seonsaengnim.” She said to the teacher.

“Don’t be so formal Amber. Call me Ms. Taeyoon like everybody does.” She smiled at their teacher before walking toward the vacant sit.

“So unlucky.” Amber mumbled as she looked at Key who was sitting in front of her chair. Key ignored her and stared outside the window. “Gezzz…”

“Hello…” a girl who was sitting next to her greeted her.

“Hi.” Amber greeted back.

“My name is Kim Hyun Ah.” The girl said.

“Nice to meet you.” She said to the girl. The class started and she did not get bored because the teacher was so funny, she always told them a joke and made them laugh. Finally the bell rang and it was time for lunch. Key went to the cafeteria with Minho and Jonghyun.

“Em-beo… Let’s have a lunch together?” Hyun Ah said standing in front of her.

“It’s fine, I don’t have any friends here to have lunch with.” She smiled at her and went to the cafeteria with her.

 

“Who’s that boy with Hyun Ah?” Onew asked curiously looking at Amber and Hyun Ah.

“A- Em--Em-ber… yeah right Em-ber!” Jonghyun tried to pronounce Amber’s name.

“Our new classmate.” Minho said.

“My roommate…” Key said not looking at them.

“He’s you’re roommate?” Jonghyun seek for assurance.

“I said it already. Aishhh…” Key rolled his eyes.

 

 

“Are they special?” Amber blurted out when they we’re eating. Shinee and Fx were sitting at the table especially reserved for them. No one dare to sit at that except for the nine members of Shineeffects.

“Huh?” Hyun Ah curiously follow her gaze. “Ahhh the SHINee.”

“SHINee?”

“Dae. Shinee was composed of the five most popular guys here in the campus.” Hyun Ah explained.

“Oww?” Amber raised her eyebrow.

“That’s Onew, the Leader of Shinee.” Hyun Ah pointed to the one who was eating chicken. “And the girl beside him was Victoria, his girlfriend.” She continuously said. Amber was just listening to her. “And that one was Taemin, the Shinee’s maknae and the boy beside him was Jonghyun, I used to like him before. He was the smart one.” Hyun Ah said while blushing.

“He’s our classmate right?” Amber asked.

“Nae. The tall one was Minho, the school Basketball Team MVP, and that girl was Choi Jinri, Minho’s sister. Everyone called her Sulli.” Then the two girls walked toward the Shineeffects table. The girls waved at Amber. “You know them?” Hyun Ah turn to her.

“Yup, Luna and Krystal. Am I right?”

“They are the singing princesses.” Hyun Ah said. Key came and looked at their direction.

“Oh My God. Key is looking here.” Hyun Ah giggled. “He’s the school DIVA because of his girly attitude, but I’m sure he’s not a gay. He’s so popular to the girls although he’s the rude one. Actually he’s part of the soccer team.”

“Daebak… I can’t believe the girls like that freak.” Amber mumbled.

“One more thing, he never had a girlfriend. Oh God, I want to be the first.” Hyun Ah said excitedly. Amber look at him and he was still staring at them. She gave him a fake smile and Key glared at her.

“So the girls are also part of SHINee?” Amber curiously asked.

“Ani… The girls are in the different group called F(x)…”

“So they are the SHINeeffects?”

“You know about SHINeeffects?” Hyun Ah asked.

“I just heard some students talking about them this morning.” Amber said and Hyun Ah just nooded.

 

“Yahhh… what’s that?” Key curiously asked and sat beside her.

“None of your business.” She closed the diary and went to her bed.

“You’re writing a diary? I can’t believe there still have people writing a diary these days.” Key said and don’t mind her at all. She stared at the ceiling until she fell asleep.

“Mommy…” she said breathlessly as she shook her body left and right. “Mommy…” she cried that awaken Key.

He went to her bed. “He’s dreaming.” He said and tried to wake her. “Yah…” he tap her face lightly. “Em-beo… Wake up…”

“Mommy….” Amber jolted up from her bed and unconsciously hugged Key. Key’s eyes widen at her sudden action…

 

 

NEXT CHAPTER PREVIEW:

“Uhm. My parents went for a vacation this morning.” “And I’ll be alone for tonight. I just want to ask if you want to sleepover.”

“Wanna come with us?”

“Why not.” 

 

“I bought hard liquor.”

“Much better Hyung.” 

“You’re not allowed to drink!!!” 

 

“Truth or Dare?”

“I dare you to KISS this new guy. On the lips!”

“That’s easy… Ki—What???” 

“Yahhh…” 

 

 

 

AN: Finally... the first chapter...

Subscribe please...

Hope U like the first chapter....