Strange Feelings

The Handsome SHE

Amber was still on her dreamland when she heard a sudden ringing of a phone. She didn’t mind it and continued sleeping. Last night was so tiring. Her head was heavy and she doesn’t know why. They got locked up in a wine cage with a very low temperature. She thought she’s going to die. But then, Key took care of her. The phone keeps on ringing.
“Amber… Answer your phone… It’s irritating my eardrums…” She heard Key mumbled. She lazily grabbed it from the side of the pillow.
“Yeoboseyo?” She said, half awake.
“Yah! Where are you?” yelled the person on the other line. It startled her. “I was looking for you last night, where did you go?” the person added. She abruptly sat up and looked around the room. She was not in their dorm unit.
“Can you move a little slow… I’m still sleepy.” Key murmured from the other side of the bed.
“Who’s with you?” It’s another question from the other line.
“Opp—Ah Hyung! I’m at the dorm, of course I’m with my roommate.” She said, nervously.
“Why did you not inform me? What time did you left at the event?”
“My phone’s battery went dead, and I can’t find you at the event. So I decided to go back to my dorm. Why?” She explained.
“Is that so? Do you have class today?” She rolled her eyes. ‘Another question? Seriously?’
“I have a class at 9:00 o’clock, why?”
“Yahhh Yiyun-ah! It’s already 11:00 o’clock and you just woke up!”
“What?! Oh my—I’m so late at my class...!”
“Hey… I was just—.”
“I’ll call you later… Bye!” She hangs up the phone as she checked the time. “Ugh! Just great! It’s only 6:00AM. Aishhh.” She was annoyed at her brother as she keeps on kicking her feet at the edge of the bed like a kid. It awakens the boy beside her. “Fu** brothers. Grrrrr.”
“Yahh! I’m trying to get some sleep here.”
“Uhm—Sorry.”
“Who called?” Key’s question caught her off-guard.
‘Who am I going to reason out?’
“It’s… uhm—Onew seonbaenim.” She answered, hoping that Key would believe her. Key huffed and looked for his phone to check the time.
“It’s already morning. Let’s have breakfast before going back to the dorm.” Key said as he got up from the bed.
“Uhm—Where are we? How’d we got out of the wine cage?” Amber curiously asked. All she remembered was she was freezing and fall to sleep and then she woke up in a comfy bed.
“We’re still in the hotel. You seriously didn’t remember anything happened last night?”
“W—why?” She was getting nervous. The fact that Key was looking at her in disbelief was making her confused. ‘Omo. What if I did something funny last night? What if he already found out? Oh my—what to do? What to do?’
“You’re so drunk last night. How could you remember…”
“Yahhh… Keyyybumiee…” Amber was continuously shaking Key’s shoulder as the latter was still dozing off. The temperature of the room was starting to get warm. Key combed his hair with his hands and annoyingly turned to her. But then, he got surprised as he saw her.
Amber was passing him a bottle of wine.
“Cann you—ugh—open—ugh—thisss—oneee?” she said in a singsong voice with a hiccup. Her pale blue polo shirt was drench in wine. They were two empty bottles of brandy at the floor beside her. She looks so drunk.
“You should stop drinking this, aishh Amber Liu. If I knew you would do this I shouldn’t sleep.” Key nagged as he took a hold of the bottle she was handing him and placed it back to the wine cabinet.
“But I was freezing and you—ugh—told me earlier—ugh—that it can help lessen the cold…” Amber explained, pouting.

“I really drink last night?”
“I said it already… tsk.” Key said, throwing her a clean cloth. She knit her brows as she look at it. It was her polo shirt last night, the one that she wore at the event. How come it smells like fresh from the laundry? She looked down only to find that she’s wearing a pair of white plain shirt and a knee length black pants. Key was wearing the same. She immediately pulled a blanket and covered herself as she looked at Key, wide eyed.
“Tsk.! Acting like a girl… I did not touch you.! As if.!” Key said, mocking her.
“Then who change my clothes.”
“You did it. Actually I asked the hotel attendant to help you when I went out to go to the convenient store.” Key said. It made Amber’s eyes even wider.
“H—hotel attendant? A boy or a girl.”
“A girl… Tsk! Why would you care?”
“Did the hotel attendant said something about—is there anything she told you?” Amber was so nervous and he knew why.
‘I don’t need anyone to tell me. Of course I knew it, that’s why I asked for a girl attendant. Tsk, Amber Liu.’
“No. You’re alone when I came back and already sleeping. Do I have to know something? Did you and the attendant—” he was not able to finish his sentence as he felt one of the pillows being thrown at him. He laughed at how red she was.
“Yah! You ert—”
“Wae? I never mention anything ert.”
“Aishh. Whatever.!”
Key watched as Amber grabbed the clean clothes and brought it to the bathroom. She was glaring at him and he can’t help but to smile to the fact that even they were always having an argument like this, in the end, he was always claiming the victory.


“Haist!” Jonghyun banged his head lightly against random locker along the hall way. His head hurts. He hadn’t had enough sleep. Spending seven hours trying to type out his history report was a first time in his whole life. ‘Seven hours.’ He could’ve done something more… fun? As he continued on his way, he captured something in the corner of his eyes. There were two persons who jumped down from over the fence and sneak into the boys’ dorm.
“Wait! I think I know those guys…” He hadn’t seen their faces. He just recognized them by the color of their hair. As he was about to go after them because he was planning to mock them, somebody patted him on his shoulder.
“Good morning Jagiya!” Minho who seems like just finished his morning exercise playfully said. Taemin who appeared from somewhere laughed while pointing Jonghyun’s face.
“Hyung, what’s with the ‘Panda face’?”
“You seriously should never ask that question.” Jonghyun glared.
“You’re surely won’t stop laughing once you knew.” Minho assured and laughed along with Taemin. Jonghyun gave them one hit on the head each.
“Stop laughing, you two. And Taemin, I did my history report last night that’s why I had this.”
“Really?” Taemin asked, surprised.
“Have you finished it?” Minho suddenly asked.
“No… Actually I’m 10% done.” Jonghyun answered, proudly.
“What? Ten percent for the span of all night? Seriously?”
“Why? Well atleast I’ve tried…” Jonghyun said, defending himself, he suddenly remembered something. “Aishh… You two were such great distractions. I forgot what I’m supposed to be doing here…”
“Why? Were you supposedly doing your report here?” Taemin asked with a chuckle.
“Yeah, you were just standing here when I saw you…”
“I’m just about to follow the two persons I saw jumping over that fence a while ago.” He said pointing to the fence on the backside of the boy’s dorm.
“Who jumped over the fence?” A man with a serious tone asked from behind.
“Key and Amber…” Jonghyun accidentally answered as he looked to the person who just asked and immediately covered his own mouth with his own hand while his eyes wide open. Onew was standing right behind them with his most serious face.
“Omo… H-hyung…” he said, nervously. 
“Minho-ya, tell me I never did mentioning names just now.” He whispered. He was not afraid at Onew’s serious face, he was more afraid at Key’s non-stop nagging once he found that it was him who just tell Onew about him jumping over the fence. Key would surely never stop until his ear bleeds.
“You just did Hyung…”
“Omo… I’m so dead.”

“Ugh—wheyy—this room is getting—ugh—hot?” She’s starting to her shirt when the door wide opened.
“You two. You can come out now.”
Amber laughed as she looked at the one who spoke. Its sounds like they were prisoners who just finished their sentence and can finally out of the jail. “Hey… Guard Ajushi… wanna have one—ugh—shottt…” She said before dozing off. She was already tired and it was nearly 2:00 o’clock in the morning.
“How did you get-in here? This is a restricted area.” the security asked as he assisted Key for lifting Amber unto his arms. He didn’t know how he will explain what happened. He can’t just say that there is someone following them and they got in there to hide for their life. They will probably suspecting them for something they didn’t know.
“We’re just playing around and we accidentally enter in this room. We got curious of the liquors’ brands and when we’re about to go out, the door was locked.” He explained instead. The security looked around the wine room and found the empty bottles they drank earlier.
“Oh. About that, the temperature was getting cold and we drink some to keep our body warm. I’ll pay for that.” He explained immediately. The security nod his head, convinced.
“Our head wants to talk to you at the office.”
“I understand.”
The security guided them to the elevator and pressed the floor number once they got in. Once they reach the floor, they went directly to the security office. The head officer motioned the security guard to leave and greeted then once the door closed.
“My name is Seohyun, the head Officer of this hotel and this is Tiffany, the Hotel Supervisor.” The woman in a uniform introduced themselves.
Key smiled timidly as he placed Amber comfortably on the couch inside the room. ‘This is seriously not a time for introductions. But because you guys are being polite, I will behave myself for now.’ He thought.
“Is she okay?” the head officer asked referring to Amber.
“Huh?” he was startled, thinking if Amber gets so obvious. The officer just called Amber ‘she’ even it was just her first time seeing her. “Uhhm—actually he’s—”
“Oppa colddd…” Amber mumbled but the Head Security still managed to hear it. Key chuckled. ‘Amber, you just said Oppa. How can I cover-up your identity from them.’
“Can I borrow a blanket for her?” he startled at his own word. ‘Alright, you’re a ‘she’ for this night.’
“We’re sorry for the trouble Sir. Actually it’s not a first time somebody got locked up inside that room. If you want, we can provide you rooms to stay for the night.” The hotel supervisor said apologetically. Key simply nodded. They left the room for a while and came back after a couple of minutes with the same apologetic expression on their faces.
Key knit his brows. ‘Don’t you dare tell me there’s no more room available for us… I’ll tell you. I can pay.’
“Uhm—Sir, actually there’s only one room available now as the event guests stayed in for the night. Is it okay with her if you share… I mean she’s a girl and—”
“It’s okay. She’s my girlfriend anyway. Thanks.” Key once again, startled at his own use of words.

Key smiled cheekily as he remembered. He was shaking his head in amazement. “I really said she’s my girlfriend.”

Amber was casually sitting in her desk as she watched her classmate. The room was so noisy. Everyone was nonstop chatting, except for her. She was not in the mood. She felt so sleepy and since the faculty was having a short meeting regarding the sports fest, she took the opportunity to have some sleep. She’s already snoozing when somebody tapped her shoulder.
“Yah Amber, where have you been last night? I went to the boys’ dorm and no one’s opening your door.” She looked up. Hyuna was standing in front of her, hands on her waist.
“Who are you now? Amber’s nagger girlfriend?” Yoseob commented, everyone at the classroom laughed.
“I went out last night.” Amber answered.
“Omo! Really? Where did you go? Party?” Hyuna asked endlessly. Amber just nod, she was too lazy to answer her every questions. Besides, it’s not her responsibility to explain everything to everyone. “Yah! Have you even considered me as your friend? How come you went to the party without me?”
Amber chuckled at Hyuna’s nonstop sulking.
“It’s a boy’s night out. A friend from L.A just invited me.”
“Is Key with you? He’s not in the boys’ dorm either.” Nicole asked. Amber wondered if Nicole’s mind was always occupied with Key. It’s was always Key that keeps on coming out of all the time, it irritates her.
“Wae? What are you now? Key’s babysitter?” Amber’s reply makes another noise inside their classroom as everyone laughed. Their classroom door opened and L came in. His gaze was travelling around the room until it landed on Amber.
“Hey. Amber…”
“Wazup!?”
“Onew sunbaenim… He asked me to get you…” L stated. “…to the student council?” He added hesitantly. Their classmates chant an ‘owww’. They already knew that if someone is asked to go to the dorms head, that someone did something against the dorm’s rules.
“Have he told you why?” Amber asked nervously. ‘Have they found out my real gender…’ she thought. L shrugged his shoulder. He nudged Amber to walk before him, he followed after. Onew just told him to tell Amber to go to the student council’s office, not to walk with her to there. He just feels like he suddenly wanted to.
‘He does he look so feminine upclose... his eyes even girly... and when he smiles…’
“Is there something on my face?” Amber curiously asked. L was staring at her for the whole time.
“H—huh? No… I’m just thinking of something.” He reasoned out. Amber nodded and smiled at him that made him startled.
‘Omo… It’s beating faster…’ he thought as he put his palm on his chest. He was so busy thinking about how he feels and completely unaware that they already at the front of the student council’s office.
“Why are you two together?” He got back to himself when he heard Keys’ cold voice right in front of them.
“We’re here.” Amber informed.
“Huh—uh… Right. I guess I’ll be going then…” L said, stuttering.
“Yeah… Thanks anyway.” Amber said, referring for L’s walked with her.
“Can’t you walk alone?” Key mocked Amber yet he was glaring at L.
“Shut up ert Mouse… I’m not yet done with you.” Amber retorted, referring to their argument at the hotel.
“Yah.! Since when I become a mouse?”
“Since this moment and I want to call you mouse.” Amber sticks her tongue out like a kid.
“Stop acting silly crazy lizard.”
“A lizard? I’m a llama.” Amber complained and did some imitation of a llama face.
“Llama your face, you more look like a lizard.”
“Yah! Diva mouse.!”
“Erm—guys, I’m still here.” L interrupted. He was watching the two exchanging tantrums the whole time.
“Okay! I thought you already leave. You should go now.” Key said rudely. He suddenly get pissed at the way L stares at her. L shyly turned to Amber before he walks away. Amber gave him a nod.
“When will you stop being rude.” Amber exclaimed.
“I’m being not rude. I’m just being me.” Key said in a ‘matter of fact’ manner.
“Once a Diva, always a Diva.” They were glaring at each other like there were invisible lasers on their eyes. Nobody wants to give up until somebody opens the door.
“Stop the commotion. You two can come in now.”

“Whatt?” Amber exclaimed after hearing Onew’s long explanation about the dorm’s rules and regulation and the corresponding punishments.
“You heard me clear, restroom cleaners for three days.”
“But sunbaenim… Isn’t it too much for just jumping over the fence? Can you have some, you know, reconsideration…” Amber was now pleading while Key remained himself calm on the sofa. It was not a first time to him, and he already knew how to trick Onew.
“I can’t do that, since it’s not only Jjong who saw you guys… One of the patrol guards also did. And besides, I need to fair.”
“Okay. In that case, when we will start?” Key got up from the sofa. Onew was surprised. The last time it happened, Key did his nasty tricks on him and never stops complaining.
“Yahh.! I don’t want to do that terrible thing.” Amber nagged.
“I don’t want either. Do you have any other choices?” Key jeered and Amber shook her head.
“Sunbaenim…”
“Sorry Am, but rules were rules. And Key, don’t you dare try your nasty tricks. I’ll send Taemin to watch over the two of you.”

“Oh God… This is horrible.” Amber whined once she opened one of the cubicles door inside the men’s restroom. She was pinching her nose while she started cleaning the toilet bowl. She used her left foot to pull down the flush. Her disgusted expression never leave her face.
“Stop complaining and do job quickly.” Key yelled from the other side of the restroom.
*Click!*
“How can I not complain when I do the cleaning of these dirty toilets and you’re only wiping off the dirt on that mirror?” Amber yelled back.
*Click!*
“You’re only cleaning the toilets… I’ll do the floor once you’re done.!” Key answered, still yelling.
*Click!*
“Yah! Lee Taemin, stop taking pictures… will you!” They both yelled at Taemin who was busy taking pictures of them.
“Onew Hyung asked me to get proofs that you guys really did the cleaning.” Taemin explained and held up his phone to take another picture, but this time he set his phone’s camera on front. “Let’s take a groupie.” He added and posed with a peace sign. Key was glaring and Amber smiled at the camera as Taemin pressed the capture button. He sent the photo to Onew afterwards.

There was a loud boom of thunder and Amber clenched her eyes closed as she covered her ears. She was trying to hold back her tears. She was alone at their room since Key was not yet coming back. It’s been raining a lot and there was a loud thunder.
“Ahhh!” Amber shrieked as the power goes out.  After a while, there was a knock on the door and Amber couldn’t walk her feet to answer it. She just curled herself on her side of bed and pulled the blanket over to cover her whole self while calling a name on her mind. ‘Key… Please come back now…’
The door opened and she heard a loud clank of keys being thrown at the glass center table. She peeked a little. There was a flash of lightning and she sighed in relief as she barely saw his face. There was another loud thunder and she tensed up.
“Ahhh!” she screamed and clenched her eyes shut again.
“Amber!” Key said and immediately ran over to her. He pulled her into an embrace while patted her back to calm her.
“Key… I—I’m scared.” She confessed, and hugged him back. He held her face to look at him.
“Shh… It’s just a thunder.” Key said. Amber opened her eyes and nodded.
‘I always felt so secured when he's with me…’
Another strike of lightning and her body tensed up. Key held her really close and tight. “It’ll be okay.” He whispered. They remained hugging each other until they fell asleep.


“I woke up each day… Just to tell you good mooorniii—” Jonghyun’s singing voice hung in the middle as he stopped on his track. He was walking along the corridor when he noticed something. Moving one step backward, he looked sideway to his right to check what he just saw and it caused his jaw dropped.
“Why? Why did you pause?” Minho asked.
“I can receive an award for having a more than 20/20 vision.” Jonghyun stated. Minho, Taemin, Onew, Woohyun and Sungyeol curiously followed his gaze. The unit’s door was half opened and there were two persons hugging and sleeping on the same bed can be seen.
“It’s Key’s room… Am I right?” Onew asked, confused, checking the room’s number.
“Am I still dreaming or it’s just my imagination?” Sungyeol wondered.
“Whoahhh… Whoahhh..” Mir, who suddenly popped from somewhere, exclaimed as he pushed the door wide open and entered the room. His voice was loud enough to wake the sleeping persons.
“Aishh.! Seriously.?” Key exclaimed. He got up into a sitting position and glared at the source of the voice.
“Hey guys, why are you all in here.?” Amber asked once she noticed how many of them just entered inside their room.
“We’re on our way to have breakfast, and your door was half opened—”
“And you all entered? Just wow. Really… Unbelievable.” Key rolled his eyes.
“…and we just saw you and Amber ‘hugging’… actually.” Woohyun said.
“Don’t be surprised because Minho and Jonghyun were worst…” Key mocked.
“Yeah, they sometimes sleep on top of each other.” Onew stated.
“Get your butts out of my room now.” They get out of the room as Key said except for Taemin who remained on his spot and giving Key a teasing stare.
“What?”
“Nothing hyung. I’m just wondering of what happened inside this room in the middle of the storm—”
“Aish. Get out now.”
“Taem, are you going with us…” Jonghyun call out.
“Yeah.” Taemin shouted and dashed out of the room, giving Key one last teasing glance.
“What’s with his stare?” Amber asked in confusion.
“Don’t mind him.”
“Key… uhm…” Amber call-out but she suddenly feels shy when Key looked at her. He was waiting for what was she wanted to say.
“T—thank you for last night.” Amber immediately dashed into the bathroom after saying the phrase. She feels shy and her face was already red as tomato. Her hand was holding on her chest as she looked at herself in the mirror.
*Thump… Thump… Thump.*
“Why my heart beats faster everytime he stares at me like that?”

Amber was having lunch alone at the school’s canteen when Luna took the seat in front of her all of a sudden. The girl was looking around or more like checking everyone’s faces inside the cafeteria.
“Amber. Can I talk to you for a while?” Amber looked at her with curiosity; it was very unusual that Luna wants to talk to her alone in an instance.
“Yeah sure. What’s up?”
Luna took a deep breath. She looked so stressed and was having a second thought if she will speak it out or not. Amber on the other hand, was staring at her, waiting for her to speak.
“What is it you’re going to talk about?”
“C-can you keep a secret?” Luna started.
Amber thinks for a while. “Well it depends upon your secret. If your secret is meant to be a secret then I will keep it. If it’s not… I would make a printout copy and post it in every corner of the school…” Luna’s eyes widen at what she had said.
“Yahh Amber.!”
“I’m just kidding…” Amber laughed and gestured her to continue.
“It’s just that I’m having this feeling for the fast few days… Its keep on troubling me and I couldn’t get a proper sleep because of it… I want to let it out… The girls would probably laughed at me and teased me endlessly if I tell them about it and I guess I can assure that you will keep it and—” Luna paused for a while, letting out a deep breath.
“And?”
“I think I like Jonghyun! There, I said it.”
Amber almost spit out the juice she was drinking. “You like Jong—”
“Yah! Amber Oppa your mouth.. Aishh.” Luna immediately covered Amber’s mouth with her hands. She nervously looked around and everybody on the canteen was looking at them. “You guys can continue eating your foods… You heard nothing.!” She said to everyone inside the cafeteria.
“But seriously, you just like Jonghyun Hyung… Why are you so worried about it?” Amber asked, almost whispering.
“Amber Oppa, its Kim Jonghyun we’re talking about. It’s stressing the hell out of me… Of all the people? It’s the guy I hated the most. How come I ended up liking that guy when everyday we were like cat and dogs that keeps on bickering and throwing tantrums at each other.”
“We’ll I can see you guys more like flirting with each other everytime you guys argue.” Amber stated.
“I just don’t know what to do… I felt so nervous when he’s around and my heart like, it’s going to explode out of my chest whenever I saw him. Do you think I’m already inlove with him?” Luna said and Amber was so focused on what she was saying, totally unaware with a four boys who already took a seat on their table.
“You’re inlove with who?” It was Jonghyun who spoke; he was looking mainly at Luna with amazement. Luna jolted up from her seat in shock. She looked at the boys one after another. It was Key, Woohyun, Sungyeol, and Jonghyun who were casually sitting around them.
“H-how long have you guys been here…” Luna asked nervously. She was preventing herself to look at Jonghyun.
“Well we’re already here when you were saying the ‘I just don’t know what to do… I felt so nervous when he’s around and my heart like, it’s going to explode out of my chest whenever I saw him. Do you think I’m already inlove with him?’ part.” Jonghyun said, imitating how Luna said it. The other boys laughed.
“You got it! Perfectly.” Sungyeol said and gave Joghyun a high-five.
“Aishh I just can’t handle this any longer.” Luna said and sharply stood up. Giving Jonghyun one last glare then walked away.
“She must be mad at you…” Woohyun said nudging Jonghyun. Jonghyun laughed.
“Well, that’s not new. Wait! I just got a perfect timing to …” Jonghyun said and run after Luna. They laughed as they watch them bickering in the middle of the soccer field. They saw Jonghyun said something that made Luna even angrier. Jonghyun run and Luna chase after him.
“I wonder when they will stop bickering.” Sungyeol commented.
“They’re more like flirting.” Key spoke that made Amber turned her head to him with wide eyes. “Why? What’s with the big eyes.?”
*Thump… Thump…. Thump…*
‘Omo… It’s beating faster again… Whaeeyyyy?’
“H-how… Y-you…” She was stuttering and couldn’t properly compose her sentence. Her heart was beating so fast and she was so confused.
“How I what?” Key asked, raising his brows.
‘Aishhh… Get a grip Amber… It’s just Key, why are you so nervous.’
Collecting her thoughts, she smiled at him coolly. “Key, you’re here.”
“What?” Sungyeol and Woohyun said in duet while Key was giving her a ‘What’s wrong with you’ stare.
“Have you just noticed?” Woohyun asked.
“Well… He sat behind me actually. Uhm… I forgot I have some important matters to do… I’m going first… Bye.” Amber said continuously and made her way out of the cafeteria without looking back at them.
“Strange…” Woohyun said while following Amber with his stare.
“He looks feminine… I guess…” Sungyeol pointed out and turned to Key. “Hey Key, I think he’s a girl in disguise or something… I just notice his feminine features because it’s my first time seeing Amber up-close…”
“That’s nonsense!” Woohyun said and laughed. “…and you’re weird.”
Key suspiciously looked at Sungyeol. The latter shrugged his shoulder. “Just sayin’. I guess I should start getting some proper sleep…”

“Omo… Wae?” Amber asked to herself and closed the door. She throws herself on the bed and slapped her face lightly. Her face was so red and she can hear the thumping of her heart getting faster and louder. Her heart did beat faster before but that was when Key or everytime she did something unusual. But that was before, lately, she can’t control it anymore. It was so unusual. The feeling was so unfamiliar. Her heart was beating rapidly when Key’s around. She easily gets shy. She began to become conscious on how she looks. She suddenly remembers what Luna said earlier.
‘I felt so nervous when he’s around and my heart like, it’s going to explode out of my chest whenever I saw him.’
‘This is so strange.... Could it be...’
“No! It can’t be… I think I like Key…”

"What should I do..."

 

안녕하세요 친구야!

iohcmikeel here... Anyways, I want to know how you feel about this chapter... Feel free to leave a comments below. And again I know this is too long to wait for the updates,  미안해요, because I really like to be my updates worth enough for the wait... I'm a reader too, and it excites me when the author writes a long chapter....

Please anticipate for the next chapter... More power...

감사합니다!!!