THREAT

Sky of Love

"Hyung Sik-ah! Why are you so late!?" My mother yelled me when I got home. "Do you know how worried I've been?? It's almost 1am!" 

 

"Mianhaeyo Omma" he couldn't erase that goofy smile off his face. 

"What's with you?" his mother was confused. 

 

"Omma! I'm so happy!" 

"Tsk Tsk Tsk. Yah, can't you see I'm worried!?"

 

"I have the best girlfriend in the world..omma, she is the best girl in the world!!" 

 

"Yah…you have a girlfriend and you didn't even tell me!?!" his mother smacked him on the head. 

"Ommaa! Don't hit me, it hurts!!" Hyung Sik rubbed his head. 

 

"YOU HAVE A GIRLFRIEND!?!?!?" Yoona, Hyung Sik's noona came into the room as soon as she heard them talking. 

 

"Aiishh…you're here" he was annoyed. He didn't like saying anything to his noona.

She freaked out about everything.

 

"Kyaaa! My baby brother has a girl! When are we going to meet her? How old is she?? What's her name??" she drowned Hyung Sik with questions.

 

"Her name is Jo Bo Ah. She is my age…she goes to school with me" he smiled.

 

"Bwoh? I thought you didn't like any of the girls at school?"

 

"She's different…she's kind, beautiful, smart, quiet, modest…" 

 

"Huh, she sounds like a good girl but what was she out doing so late with you? Do her parents know she was out with a boy?" his mother was so old-fashioned. 

 

"She doesn't have parents…well that I know of. She lives with her grandma." he didn't mention that she was the President of Jo Indrustries.

 

"Is she prettier that Eun Jung?" Yoona asked. That name immediately put me in a bad mood. 

 

"Eun Jung was a good girl! I still don't understand why you two broke up" his mother still wasn't over her. Ofcourse, Eun Jung would show her best side to his family. She was a great actress.

 

"Don't mention her."

 

Both his mother and Yoona were surprised at Hyung Sik's attitude. 

 

_______

 

Eun Jung waited outside the school gates for Hyung Sik. Someone else caught her eye. It wasn't him but Bo Ah. 

 

Eun Jung didn't waste any time. She went up to Bo Ah. 

"Who are you supposed to be?" Eun Jung asked her. Bo Ah took off her earphone. "Excuse me?" 

 

Eun Jung scoffed. "Yah, don't be acting all conceited now that Hyung Sik isn't here. I asked what are you?" 

 

Bo Ah was confused with her question. "My name is Jo-" 

 

"You stupid . Are you Hyung Sik's girlfriend or what!?" Eun Jung was getting angry. 

 

Bo Ah was surprised at how rude she was being. 

 

"Ah…yes.." 

 

"You better stay away from him. Or else you are going to regret it. You don't want to mess with me…" 

 

She stared at Bo Ah from head to toe and left with a 'hmph!' 

 

Bo Ah was angry. What right did she have to threaten her like that!? 

 

"What the hell was that?" Hye Jin said as she approached me. She witnessed Eun Jung's behavior. 

"She use to date Hyung Sik…" 

 

"What!?" 

 

"Why are you so surprised?" Bo Ah glared at her.

"Well she is like…umm…" Hye Jin said, "kinda hot" 

 

Bo Ah rolled her eyes. She was not the jealous type but with what Hye Jin had just said she began to feel jealous of her.

 

 "I have to get to class." Bo Ah was angry. She stared to walk away. 

 

"Hey I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you angry but it's just so surprising how Hyung Sik would go out with someone like that! I didn't know that was his type"

 

Bo Ah thought about it. She was right. That Eun Jung girl was gorgeous…what was she? 

She felt inferior.

 

 

 

 

She buried her face in her pillow and cried her eyes out. She ignored Hyung Sik all day at school. 

During lunch she went to her usual place, the library and she saw Hyung Sik and Eun Jung talking. She quickly hid while she peeked at both of them. Hyung Sik's back was too her so she couldn't see his face but she did see Eun Jung. She was laughing and flirting with him. She would touch his arm and he let her. That hurt Bo Ah the most.

 

 

She ran out of the library and went straight home.

 

Her phone went off. She had received a text from Park Hyung Sik.

 

Hyung Sik: 4:30pm

Bo Ah-yah, are you okay? I didn't see you in class. Did you go home? 

 

I wiped my tears and turned off my phone.