WHAT IS YOUR DREAM?

Sky of Love

 

After the movie they walked around for a while. Hyung Sik told Bo Ah a little bit about himself.

It turned out he was a lot like her. He was a bit shy and quiet at first, he loved to read.  

 

"What about you?" He raised his brow and looked down to Bo Ah.

Bo Ah scratched her head and didn't know what to say. 

 

"Well…there isn't much to say.." 

He laughed. "I'm sure there is.." 

 

"What would you like to know?" She asked.

 

"What is your dream?" Hyung Sik sat on a bench overlooking the Han River. He motioned Bo Ah to sit next to him.

"My dream?" She sat down. It seemed like she hadn't really given it much thought. 

"Yeah, something you want to become or want…it can be anything.." He looked up at the sky. 

 

Jiyeon thought about it. All she ever wanted was to live happily. To live with her family…she wished her father was still by her side and her mother to not be a drunk. She wanted what any person wanted…to be happy. 

 

"Yah…don't think so hard" He poked her cheek. She snapped out of her thoughts and blushed when she saw how close he was. 

 

"I w-wasn't.." she whispered. 

"So?" 

 

"My dream…is to be happy." Bo Ah said.

Hyung Sik was confused. "You aren't happy?" 

 

"Some people might seem like they're okay from the outside while in the inside they are screaming and wounded with the scars that won't allow them to be happy." 

 

He thought about what Bo Ah had said. He felt the same way. 

"What about you?" She asked. 

 

"I want to be your boyfriend." he said bluntly. Bo Ah jumped at the sudden answer. 

 

"Wh-what?" she stuttered. She was blushing madly. 

 

"I know I don't really know you all that well but there is something about you…it makes me want to protect you. You seem so vulnerable and lonely…I want to fill that empty space in your heart. I want you to be happy too, Bo Ah-yah." 

 

Bo Ah was lost for words. 

No one had wished her happiness before. 

 

"W-waeyo..?" 

 

Hyung Sik took her small hand in his big one. "I like you." 

 

She blushed. 

 

That night Hyung Sik walked Bo Ah home and when they arrived in front of her house Bo Ah broke the silence. 

"I am grateful you walked me home but there is something I need to say. I know you won't like to hear this but…I can't accept your feelings, Hyung Sik. I'm sorry." 

 

He looked hurt. "Are you seeing someone already?" 

 

Bo Ah shook her head. "Then what is it?" he asked. 

 

She bit her lip nervously. "I rather not say…" she bowed and wished him a goodnight. Hyung Sik wasn't going to let her leave without a good reason for turning him down. He grabbed Bo Ah's arm and spun her around. She gasped. 

 

"If you're scared just say so. I won't ever hurt you Bo Ah-yah…" Hyung Sik's eyes softened. 

 

Bo Ah's eyes were tearing. She shook her head but refused to say anything. 

"Tell me!" he was growing impatient. 

 

"I don't like you! Please leave me alone!" Bo Ah lied. Hyung Sik's eyes widened. He was shocked and his grasp on her arm loosened. 

 

She broke loose and ran into her house. When she closed the door behind her, she leaned on the door and cried. She had just told Hyung Sik the biggest lie. Truth was, she really liked him. She liked him so much but she could never let him know. She could never let him into her life…it would be too much. What was the point if he would just get hurt in the future? 

 

He would be disgusted if he found out about her past. He wouldn't like her anymore, that was her biggest fear. She had to stop her feelings for him before she got too attached to him. 

 

 

 

Bo Ah ignored Hyung Sik all day at school. She did what she did usually. She would always go to the library on lunch. What she wasn't expecting was seeing him there. He was sitting on one of the tables, doing what seemed like his hw. 

 

Bo Ah walked past him to her table close to the window. Grabbing her favorite book, she began to read it, ignoring that Hyung Sik was sitting by the table in front of her. She tried to ignore her heart beating like crazy. 

 

"Sky of Love?" Hyung Sik was trying to read the cover of the book Bo Ah was reading. She was holding it up so naturally he was curious to see what she was reading. 

 

She gave him a small smile and continued to flip the pages. "What is that about?" he asked again. 

 

"Do you want to read it?" she closed it and handed it to him. "Here.." she stood up and set it on his table. 

Hyung Sik grabbed her wrist and stopped her from leaving. 

 

"You are getting use to grabbing me like this aren't you?" she tried to break free from him. Hyung Sik only held on tighter. He pinned her to the wall. 

"Hyung Sik…" Bo Ah stopped resisting. She was a bit scared to see him like this. 

 

"Why are you avoiding me?" he got closer to Bo Ah's face. Her face reddened a bright shade of pink. 

 

"I told you I can't accept your feelings…" 

"Why?" 

 

"You don't want to like someone like me." she looked down, sad. Hyung Sik was confused. Why wouldn't he want to like someone like her? She was beautiful, modest. He wasn't going to give up. 

 

His face inched closer and closer. "That is up to me to decide Bo Ah-yah."

 

"I'm serious. Please stay away from me…" Bo Ah had her hands on his chest trying to push him away but he was too strong. 

 

He finally sighed and let her go. His arm remained on the wall, keeping her from escaping just yet.

"I'll make it my goal to win you over Bo Ah."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It had been a week since the little scene at the library. 

"So Bo Ah, we heard that Hyung Sik has been after you" 

 

She shook her head. "It isn't like that.."

Jessica and Tiffany cornered Bo Ah to the wall. 

"You better pray that it's not true. Hyung Sik's ex is transferring to this school so if she hears that you are after what's hers she is really going to make your days here a living hell." 

 

"S-she doesn't have to worry about that…" Bo Ah stuttered. Why was Hyung Sik's ex coming to this school? she thought.

Both smiled. "Good." Before leaving they shook Bo Ah's hair and made it messy. 

 

 

Bo Ah sighed and made her way to her next class. 

 

Hyung Sik was already sitting on the table she sat in. She remembered what those girls had told her and she looked for another seat. She definatly didn't want any trouble. It was her last year and she wanted for it to end peacefully. 

 

"Yaah…why are you sitting over here?" She heard Hyung Sik hovering over her desk. 

 

"Because I can and I want to. I don't want to sit next to you. You don't let me pay attention in class." 

Hyung Sik scoffed. "I don't let you pay attention? Am I that handsome that you can't take your eyes off me?" he laughed. 

 

"Just leave me alone. How many times do I have to say it?" Bo Ah said. 

 

"You can say it as many times as you wish. But I am not giving up. I told you" Hyung Sik was so stubborn.

 

"Let's talk after class, alone. Everyone here is looking at us." Bo Ah whispered. 

Hyung Sik smiled. "Alright." 

 

 

 

 

I bit my lip, nervous. I was waiting for Hyung Sik to arrive. This was my favorite spot. I would come here whenever I felt sad, or confused. It was comforting to me. The river in front of me flowed so peacefully. The wind blew and the sun shined on my face. My favorite thing was how beautiful the sky looked. So clear. It gave warmth the my heart. 

I forgot about my pain when I was here. 

 

 

"Sorry I'm late! I just went to go get something to eat! I was starving! Yah, do you know how exhausting it is to convince you to do anything?! Aiishh.." he laughed.

 

"No one asked you to convince me to do anything. It's your choice."

 

"Yes. It is! I am determined to make you my girlfriend. No matter what" Hyung Sik opened up the sushi boxes and handed one to me. He looked so happy even though I was a complete jerk to him. Was he in pain? Something about his eyes, the way he looked at me…it gave me that impression

…i don't know…

 

"…why are you so confident I will become your girlfriend?" 

 

"Because you don't want to be lonely. You are scared of being alone. The thought of it makes me want to hug you and never let you go." 

 

"How do you know that?" 

 

He looked at me then put his sushi down and grabbed both sides of my head. "Your eyes look sad…they don't shine. Whatever is causing you pain Bo Ah-yah, I want to be the one to make me forget about it. I want to be the one that makes you happy." he smiled again. That killer smile. "I don't want to hurt you…why can't you just let me in? I promise I will be with you as long as you need me to be." 

 

I cried. This guy….

 

…was he being sincere? Why was I so scared to trust him? 

 

"Hyung Sik…" 

 

"Yes?" He rubbed his thumb to wipe my tears.

 

"Are you sad too?" 

That caught him off guard. "B-bwoh?" 

 

"Your eyes, they don't shine either…" I touched his face. He was so soft. 

"Bo Ah-yah…"

 

"You're in pain aren't you?" I caressed his hair. He closed his eyes. "How could two people going through pain be good for one another?" 

 

Hyung Sik opened his eyes. He looked into my eyes. His gaze was so gentle, yet deep. He came closer to me. I almost backed up but something didn't want me to. His eyes where so hypnotizing. His lips touched mine. I closed my eyes. At that moment I didn't think of anything else. The only thought in my mind was Hyung Sik and how fast he made my heart race. 

His lips were soft, and so was the kiss. He never forced me, it was gentle and sincere. I really did like Park Hyung Sik. 

 

He backed up a little. I felt a little disappointed but didn't say anything. "Did that make you feel anything? Did it make you forget about your hurt and pain for at least a little bit?" he was hopeful.

 

I nodded. 

"Then it's possible."

 

My eyes widened.

"It's possible for two people going through a rough time to be happy." he smiled.

 

Park Hyung Sik you...

 

 

"Be my girlfriend Jo Bo Ah.."

 

I nodded.

 

 "As ordinary as I am, (Hyung Sik) found me amongst the multitude. Thats why, I just had to keep being myself. I was so happy"