DID HE JUST ASK ME ON A DATE?

Sky of Love

"I saw Mark yesterday..." I told Hye Jin as we entered the school gates. I peeked a glance at her for the slightest reaction.  

"Oh yeah?" Hye Jin tried to sound like she didn't care but I knew she was itching to know more. She was still in love with Mark after all. 

"I met him afterschool and went with him and JB to their dance practice. I'm sorry I didn't tell you Hye Jin-ah! I didn't want to go behind your back but Mark and JB are also my friends...so..I--" 

Hye Jin smiled at me. "It's okay Bo Ah. You don't have to explain yourself to me..." she was calm. 

I honestley thought that she was going to flip when she heard that but she didn't.

"Is it really okay?" 

She nodded and smiled. I didn't feel as bad anymore. I knew she was still going through pain but I was glad that she still approved of my friendship with her ex-boyfriend and JB. I didn't like keeping things from my best friend.

"What did you do afterschool yesterday??"

She laughed nerviously and started walking faster until she reached the classroom. I raised a brow and looked suspiciously at Hye Jin. She wasn't freaking out about Mark but she got all nervous when I asked her about what she did afterschool?? 

She wasn't...no she couldn't possibly be seeing someone new...??! 

"Spit it out Hye Jin-ah!!" I caught up to her and pulled on her arm.

"There is nothing to tell." she crossed her arms and shook her head.

We both sat down in out desks. Hye Jin changed the subject and I decided to go along with it. She wasn't going to tell me about what I wanted to know so I dropped it...for now. 

 

Hyung Sik walked into the classroom and walked towards me. 

"Hyung Sik!" Hye Jin greeted him. 

He stopped just in front of my desk.

 

“As soon as I look up, his eyes click onto my face. The breath whooshes out of my body and everything freezes for a second, as though I’m looking at him through my camera lens, zoomed in all the way, the world pausing for that tiny span of time between the opening and closing of the shutter...”

 

"You might want to close your mouth before you drool all over your desk Jiyeon-ah.." Hye Jin teased. I quickly looked away. Aishh...Hye Jin...jinjja!? 

I immediatley looked down.

"Hey Bo Ah.." he lowered his head trying to connect his eyes to mine. I could feel my cheeks burning. 

"Hi." I said still not looking at him.

Just then, the bell rang and Hyung Sik was forced to go to his seat. 

Phew...saved by the bell.

"He's so handsome." Hye Jin said out of nowhere. I glared at her and she just shrugged. "Looks like he is interested in you Bo Ah!" she whispered to me while th teacher was talking. I blushed. There was no way Park Hyung Sik was interested in me. 

"That's immposible." I whispered back. What would he even see in me? I was not pretty, I didn't really talk much to anyone besides to Hye Jin, JB and Mark. There was nothing special about me. He on the other hand, was handsome, smart, nice and got along with everybody. He had already become good friends with Mark and JB. He was perfect, I wasn't. We were the total opposite of each other. 

It was lunch time already. I couldn't find Hye Jin anywhere and I wasn't hungry. So I decided to go to the library.

The library was my favorite place. It was nice and quiet. 

"Let's see..where is it..?" I smiled to myself and pulled out my favorite book. 'The Book of Skies'. When my father was alive, he would read this to me everynight. Every time I opened it, it made my heart feel warm. I missed my dad.  

"Book of Skies, huh?" 

I heard someone say. I turned around only to find Hyung Sik standing behind me with one arm on the bookshelf, supporting himself. He was so close to me. My heart began to beat fast again. 

"You scared me..." I laughed nerviously. 

He took his arm off the bookshelf and moved alittle. "Sorry.." he bit his lip. Gosh..he is so cute! Wait...what the heck Bo Ah?? You can't be serious...

I shook my head. "It's okay." I put the book back on the shelf and took my backpack. 

"You're leaving?" he asked. 

I nodded and walked out of the library. 

That was a close one. I couldn't let myself think about him. I couldn't fall for Park Hyung Sik. 

"Bo Ah wait!" He yelled and caught up with me. 

He stood right in front of me panting. "What's wrong??" I asked. 

"I wanted to ask you..." he stuck his hand in his pocket and pulled out a piece of paper. He handed me one. It was a movie ticket. I looked at him confused by what he had just given me. "Will you go with me on Saturday?" 

 

Did he...

Did he just ask me on a date??