Aftermath

Parallel Paths

 

Back on the path I can feel myself wanting to break out. I’m done with seeing the relationships between everyone in these other worlds. I just to see everyone and be able to make the friendships I saw into a reality.

                                        

I’m in the middle of the path and out of the corner of my eyes I can see that a bubble immediately to my right is now aglow.

Looking inside of the bubble the image is of the library, frozen in time with the sun setting on it.

Reaching my hand into the bubble a white swirl, like the one that appeared in the library, materilaizes in front of me.

Edging closer to the swirl, the path begins to glows caramel and as I stick my hand into the swirl I end up in front of the bookshelf that leads to the hidden staircase.

 

I’m disoriented for a few seconds before finally getting my bearings and looking at my watch to see how long I was gone.

It reads 7:00pm. Crap! Today’s Friday!!! Myungsoo closes the library early on Fridays!

 

I rush to the front of the library bursting through the doors and almost running into Myungsoo.

 

“Oh hey Sunggyu-hyung. Where’ve you been? I looked through the library to make sure everyone was out and I didn’t see you anywhere” Myungsoo states, as he locks up the library, turning and eyeing me weirdly once finished.

 

“Yeah, Sunggyu-hyung I haven’t seen you since out last class this afternoon” Woohyun interjects as he slings his right arm around my shoulder.

 

Looking around I see that Myungsoo has made his was over to Sungyeol, who is now carrying on about how the coffee he got at lunch was too hot, while Hoya and Dongwoo are showing each other dance moves and Sungjong is staring at Woohyun and I.

 

“What’s going on?” I ask, as Sungjong and I make eye contact.

“Sungyeol is treating us to karaoke since he won the lottery and we wondering if you wanted to come with” Sungjong replies in a snotty tone.

“Since when do all of you hang out?” I question rather shocked.

“What? Did you think none of us were friends?” Sungjong retorts.

“I had no idea” I snap back at him.

“Well let’s get going!” Woohyun yells, grabbing me by the hand and pulling me so that we’re now walking in front.

I blush as I hear Dongwoo laugh and make a few cat calls, as we all make our way to the bus stop.

 

Once on the bus we all find seats and Woohyun doesn’t let go of my hand until we have to get of, but after I’ve gotten off the bus he grabs it again.

 

After we’re all off the bus, Myungsoo and Sungyeol end up in the lead, with Hoya, Dongwoo, and Sungjong behind them, and Woohyun and I at the back. 

 

As we finally end up at the karaoke place, I can truly tell that the bonds I witnessed in the other worlds are starting to form as we all joke around and have fun while singing terribly to almost every song that plays.