Epilogue- Two Years Later

Parallel Paths

 

Bolting into an upright position on my bed I ruffle my hair as I look around. It’s still really dark and glancing at the clock I groan when I see it only reads 4 am. I doubt I’ll be able to go back to sleep.

 

Slipping off the bed as silently as possible so as not to wake Woohyun who is still deeply sleeping, I go and stand in front of the window.

It’s a full moon out and as I open the curtains a bit, the room becomes illuminated.

Then my thoughts focus on my dream.

 

I was back in the lake room, but it was pitch black with the only light coming from the path beneath my feet which was a solid caramel color and there were no bubbles, just darkness.

 

I jump a bit as I feel hands around my waist, but relax again as I recognize them as Woohyun’s and set my hands on top of his.

“Gyugyu, what’s wrong?” he asks in a voice turned husky with sleep as he rests his head in the crook of my neck.

“Nothing, I just had a bad dream” I reply as I tilt my head so that it rests on his.

“Well then way don’t you come back to bed and I’ll protect you” Woohyun says as he picks me up and carries me back to our bed.

Once he’s set me down Woohyun climbs into bed himself, wraps his arms around me and kisses my forehead before whispering for me to go to sleep.

I bring his face to meet mine and give him a chaste kiss on the lips before nuzzling my head into the crook of his neck.

I can hear him smirk, but I ignore it since the safe feeling I get from being in Woohyun’s arms soon lulls me to sleep.

This time the dream turns out quite differently.

 

I am again in the lake room and it is dark, but besides my path that is aglow in a caramel color on my left is a path that is emerald green, followed by a soft pink path. On my right side is a dark purple path, followed by a sunshiny yellow one, then a red path, along with a light blue one.

As I look to my sides I’m greeted by Woohyun, Sungjong, Hoya, Dongwoo, Sungyeol and Myungsoo.

All our paths are perfectly parallel, seemingly going on forever and lighting up the darkness with their radiances.  

I would guess that we're infinitely bonded to each other and to be honest I have no problems with that.

 

 

 

Fin~

 

 


A/N: Hope you enjoyed reading Parallel Paths! Merry Christmas/Happy Hoildays! Stay healthy and have fun!