Bubbles

Parallel Paths

 

School and work get the better of me throughout the week so I don’t have a chance to perform the “Soul-Searching Charm.” However I have come to the conclusion that the glows surrounding everyone are their auras, although I can’t figure out why I can’t see anyone else’s except those six and my own.
Luckily today is Friday, I don’t have work and I'm willing to put my homework off until tomorrow because I’m tired of being confused. 

I enter the library at around four, nod to Myungsoo, and pick out the quickest way to get to the passageway without arousing suspicion. 
I do a quick check to see if anyone else is in the library and surprisingly all I find is Hoya sitting at a table too immersed in whatever book he's reading to even notice me. Thus I calmly open the passageway, wait for it to close and then fly down the stairs. Once there I rush over to the bookshelf containing "Chants and Charms for Discovering Yourself" grab it off the shelf and turn to the "Soul-Searching Charm." I skim over the page before reciting the charm at which point a white swirl appears in front of me. I stare at it for a few seconds before sticking my arm in and being into it. 


I seemed to have closed my eyes because as soon as I feel my feet hit solid ground they fly open. The room I’m in now is pretty bright even though there doesn’t seem to be any light fixtures, and I soon realize that I'm standing in the middle of a circle of water. The water is still and I say it's a circle since I can only see about a mile in each direction all around me, after that there's a fog that is too thick to see through. I decide to take a step forward and with that a path appears underneath my feet, a faint caramel glow emanating from it. I bend down in an attempt to touch it but it just slips through my fingers, intangible. Still bending I look forward then turn around and come to the conclusion that the path has a definite beginning and end, with me standing in roughly the middle at the moment. Standing back up I notice that there are bubbles all around me but they’re bigger then usual, almost as big as my head. As I inspect a few I see different scenes in them from little kids running around to an elderly couple walking on the sidewalk; however, I'm not able to make out any faces, yet I can tell that there is something most the bubbles have in common, all of the people in them are glowing the same color as either Myungsoo, Sungyeol, Dongwoo, Hoya, Sungjong, Woohyun, or me.
After walking up and down the path simply examining my new environment I end up back where I started. 
I guess I have to touch one (?) Gathering some courage I take a step and reach my hand out to touch a bubble that shows a scene of children climbing on a playground that is aglow with all seven of the aura colors I have noticed. To my surprise the bubble suddenly loses all color, turning to a gray, the second before I touch it. Backing away I see that all the bubbles have done this except one that has a white light radiating from it towards what I have deemed to be the beginning of the path.

I make my way over to it, peering at the scene trapped inside. What I see is a beautiful stone castle with greenery surrounding it and sunshine hitting it just right, making everything look bright. Unlike the other bubbles I can't see any movement in this bubble; it's almost like time is frozen.

Deciding I've got nothing to lose I reach my hand out aiming to touch to bubble. This time my hand goes straight into the bubble and seems to the rest of me in.