The Party in the Kitchen

Hello, Hello

Title: The Party in the Kitchen 

Pairing: Onkey
Rating: PG-15
Genre: Fluff, Romance
Words: 1235

 

With a red plastic cup of alcohol in hand, Jinki stumbled in the quieter part of the house- the kitchen. It was definitely not like him to be at a Saturday night party but here he was in his favourite striped polo and skinny jeans. His honey brown hair was gelled in replica of some soccer player his best friend, Minho, adored.

He looked around the dimly lit kitchen. There were a couple making out by the corner and a small group of jocks by the fridge, competing to see who can stuff the most whip cream in their mouths. And no Minho; It was typical of his best friend to lure him to a party and abandon him.  

Jinki took a seat on the stool by the counter. He ran his index over the rim of his plastic cup as he hoped for Minho to drive him home soon. The jocks bellowed out another round of hollers and he sighed.

“ing jerk,” A sharp voice spat out beside him. The boy slipped in the seat beside him and slammed his empty cup on the counter. Jinki watched the small droplets fly in the air. The stranger groaned loudly, not caring if the other was staring at him. “ing tall jerk!”

It must have been the alcohol in his system because Jinki found himself asking, “Who?” The question had spilled out on its own, shocking both the stranger and himself. His cheeks flushed pink, rose, and then red.

The boy raised a brow at him. He fiddled with the gold camera ring on his middle finger and tilted his head to the side to take a full look at Jinki.

Jinki held in his breath without thinking and gulped hard. He suddenly felt conscious of everything about himself since the boy beside him was a pure beauty. He had luscious dark caramel hair, where his bangs were tousled to the side, a pair of cat-like eyes outlined with a bit of silver glitter and pink pouty lips. Jinki shifted uncomfortably in his seat as he regretted letting Minho gel his hair this afternoon. His fingers shot up, attempting to salvage his disaster hairstyle strand by strand.

“Frog.”

His brows furrowed. “What?”

“Frog,” He repeated with a small smile. “You asked me who and I answered it.”

“Oh.” Jinki watched the other rest his pale arms on the marble counters and laid his head upon them. His gaze was still on him when he stared back; their eyes met. Slowly, his thick lips parted and Jinki said, “Tell me about the frog.”

“That stupid frog thought he could get in my pants with his endless flattery and his handsome face…” He trailed off, shaking his head left to right. “And did I mention his y body figure?”

Jinki finished the last sip of his drink and tossed his cup in the sink. “You sound like you might actually like him, well definitely his physique.” He reached over the other to grab the last beer bottle on the counter, his chest brushing against his back.

The boy chuckled lowly. “I’m not going to lie, he was pretty gorgeous.” He took the beer bottle from Jinki and took a long sip. “That was until he started to me. I’m not an easy guy; I don’t let random guys get in my pants.”

Holding back a contradicting remark, Jinki pursued his lips together. The other was wearing a loose black tee that read ‘’ along with a light switch and extremely skintight pants. It was not hard for anyone to mistaken him as an easy guy. Despite all these thoughts, he kept his mouth shut and nodded his head.

The two allowed the beats of the music from the next room to fill in the silence. The couple was lying on top of each other, still by the corner. The jocks by the fridge were gone by now making the kitchen even quieter.  

“What would you call me?”

“What?”

“If that guy was a frog, what would I be then?”

He pondered for a while as he played with the hem of his shirt. His feline eyes shifted towards the other and watched Jinki watching him. “I’m stuck between a bunny,” The boy laughed at the cocked brow expression he received before continuing, “And a tofu.”

“Wait- what?” Jinki felt his mouth hanging at his words. “A tofu?”

Nodding eagerly, he laughed out loud again with his hand covering his mouth. “You look so soft, so delicate and so pure.”  

“But seriously, a tofu?”

“Yes, a very cute tofu,” The boy pointed out with a wink so subtle he would have missed it if he wasn’t paying all his attention on him.

Jinki felt the corners of his lips lift up naturally and his cheeks flush another shade darker. He ran his fingers through his messy honey brown hair to distract himself from the other’s mesmerizing smile and his crescent eyes.

“Do you want to-”

Feeling a vibration in his pocket, Jinki almost jumped out of the stool. He instinctively held up his hand to pause the other and fished out his cell phone. The screen flashed as it buzzed in his hand and he was never this displeased to see his best friend call him. “Hello?”

“Jinki hyung, this party is a bust! I’ll meet you where I parked the car.” And with that, Minho had hung up.

Jinki switched his gaze from the boy he had learned to like from the past twenty minutes and his cell phone. He breathed out loudly and murmured, “I have to go…” He slowly got up from his seat, making a loud screech as it scraped against the wooden tiles.

The other got up from his seat as well. “Kibum, my name is Kibum.” His voice was softer than before. He offered a small smile as he waved good bye.

“I’m Jinki.” He turned around and took a final look at the beautiful boy in front of him. He smiled back, twice as wide. “Good bye Kibum.”

“Good bye tofu.”

Jinki chuckled at how the other used his nickname instead. He made his way out of the kitchen and over a few passed out teenagers that he recognized from his school. He was out the door and crossing the green lawn when a voice called out from behind.

“Jinki wait!”

Stopping in his tracks, he turned around to see Kibum slightly out of breath by the doorstep. His cheeks were more flustered and his skin glowed underneath the night sky.

“123-456-789”

Jinki cocked his head to the side with a timid grin.

“That’s my number. You better call me the first thing tomorrow morning because I don’t just give my number to some random guy I met at a party.”

He chuckled as he recited the numbers in his head over and over again. It was something he didn’t want to forget. His legs made its way in front of the beautiful boy and his hand made its way on his soft cheek. “I will Kibum,” Jinki whispered, “I won’t just let you go that easily…” He took note of the other’s soft smile and the rosy thin lips which looked even more irresistible now. After planting a kiss on his index and middle finger, Jinki pressed it against Kibum’s pouty lips. “Good night beautiful.”

“Good night tofu."